Independent Wrestling DVD's

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
There are many great independent wrestling companies out there and for most of us the only way to watch the shows are through DVD. Buying DVD's directly from the companies is a good way to support these companies and indy wrestling in general. These companies also regularly have sales so I thought that a thread dedicated to Indy wrestling DVD's would be a good way for everyone to be kept up to date with new releases and also with big sales. It will also be a good way to keep everyone in the loop as to which are the best websites to purchase DVD's from.

Sales:

Ring of Honor - www.rohstore.com
To redeem your 25% Off Coupon please follow these 2 simple steps:
1) Place an order for merchandise at www.rohstore.com
2. Enter the coupon code: june25 into the box marked Discount Coupon Code when you are going through the checkout process. You MUST then hit the “applyâ€￾ button to the right of the code in order to attach the discount to the order.
This offer ends on Thursday, June 23rd at 4:00 PM. This offer is only valid on new order placed in the ROH Online Store. No adjustments to previous purchased.
It is only for a short period of time but 25% off is huge. Unfortunately I didn't purchase any during their recent sale when they were selling huge amounts of DVD's for less than $10 from the 2002-2009 period of ROH.

DGUSA - www.dgusa.tv
dg%20usa%20site%203%20cut%202_01.png

I am tempted to get their DVD 3-Pack deal for $50, DVD 2-Pack deal for $35 or DVD Grab Bag for $20. The 2009/10 DVD's are just $15 until 27th of June so I might just pick up one to get into their product since admittedly I have never seen any of their shows. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I actually ordered my first indy wrestling DVD earlier today, CHIKARA DVD Best of 2010 from www.smartmarkvideo.com and I am looking at picking up some more indy DVD's in the coming months. I might try to get a good spread from all promotions just to have a good range and to see what promotions I like best.

First of all do you own any/many indy wrestling DVD's? Where do you normally order them from? What events would you recommend? Will you be getting any DVD's from these sales.

This thread will be stickied and hopefully there will be some activity. If you see any good sales then post them here, if there is a new DVD released post here and if you have just bought a new indy DVD let us know what one you bought and give us your thoughts on it.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I was at Open The Northern Gate and would recommend that. As far as ROH goes I bought Death Before Dishonor and Final Battle from 2010. All three come highly recommended.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Excellent. Once I have watched my CHIKARA DVD and reloaded my paypal I will look to get one GDUSA DVD and one ROH DVD.

DGUSA have another great sale at the moment:

June 28th - We have a 1st time ever DGUSA.tv Weekly Special to celebrate the 4th Of July!!! If you spend more than $40 on DVDs, gear or any merch in the Store or by calling 267-519-9744 we will give you a free DGUSA DVD of your choice. This can be any DGUSA title. Simply write your free selection in the special instructions if you order more than $40 worth of merchandise. The best part is that you can get multiple free DVDs. If you spend over $40, you get 1 free DVD. If you spend over $80, you get 2 free DVDs. If you spend over $120, you get 3 free DVDs and so on. Note: Shipping and tickets do not count towards the total. Act now because this very special deal ends on July 5th.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
ROH now have combo packs available on their website but only until Monday 29th of August. Click the link below to view the options available.

ROH DVD Combo Packs

Tag Team Turmoil 2011/No Escape
Best in the World 2011/Supercard of Honor VI
ROH on HDNet Vol. 8 & Vol. 9
ROH Revolution USA & Revolution Canada
Honor Takes Centers Stage: Chapter 1 & 2
9th Anniversary Show/World’s Greatest

Which of these combos would you recommend for someone that is a big fan of tag team wrestling? I am tempted to get one as $30 is a bargain for two of these events (plus $9.50 for shipping so $40 overall which is still a good bargain).

Is anyone going to buy one of these combo packs?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
ROH Revolution USA & Revolution Canada

USA (I was there) has three great tag matches. Wolves-Kings II, Brisco's-All Night Express First Blood Match and WGTT vs Cole and O'Reilly.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Thanks for that Scott. I checked the cards for them and I placed my order tonight for them. I look forward to watching them.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
DGUSA said:
Use the code "Chuckie T" starting now to get 30% off all DGUSA DVDs and everything in the Gear section of the www.DGUSA.tv Store until Sept. 6th at 11:59pm EST time. Simply put the code in the special instructions when you order at www.DGUSA.tv or say it when you call 267-519-9744. Please note that you will initially be charged full price and will be refunded shortly after you order. Shipping is not included.

We only do sales this big a couple of times a year. It's been months since the last time we offered 30% off and it'll be months until we offer it again. Use the "Chuckie T" now to save on all our Premium Shirts, hats, sweatshirts and everything in the Gear section. You can also use it for all of our DGUSA DVDs including all the new releases. There is no minimum purchase. Get all these titles for 30% off now:

"Open The Ultimate Gate 2011" - YAMATO vs. Akira Tozawa in a classic and insane athletic tag team wrestling with PAC & Masato Yoshino vs. CIMA & Naruki Doi!
"Mercury Rising 2011" - YAMATO vs. Austin Aries in an emotional match of the year candidate and Blood Warriors vs. Ronin in a six man grudge match!
"Open The Southern Gate" - PAC & Ricochet team for one-night-only for an incredible main event vs. Chuck Taylor & Akira Tozawa and CIMA vs. Johnny Gargano in a war!
"United: Finale" - The finals of the Open The United Gate Title tournament and BxB Hulk vs. Akira Tozawa in a match of the year candidate!
"United: Philly" - PAC & Masato Yoshino vs. Naruki Doi & Ricochet in futuristic action and Austin Aries vs. Akira Tozawa in a can't miss contest.
"United: NYC" - BxB Hulk vs. YAMATO in a historic title match and the start of the United Gate Title tourney on DGUSA's Manhattan debut.

These are just a few of the DVDs you can get for 30% off. Please go browse our Store for all the double DVD sets and titles with Bryan Danielson plus more. Act by Sept. 6th to take advantage of the 30% off sale!!!

I am part of the DGUSA mailing list and this was sent as part of the weekly newsletter. Fantastic deal to get 30% off so as most DVD's are $20 they only cost $14 plus shipping.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Received this email from ROH, www.rohstore.com

RING OF HONOR "LABOR DAY WEEKEND SALE"- 25% OFF ALL DVD'S

Don’t miss our special “Labor Day Weekend Sale” exclusively in the ROH Online Store at www.rohstore.com. Take 25% Off EVERY DVD for sale. This offer is exclusive to all in stock DVD’s and is only valid until Tuesday morning. This includes all Ring of Honor and Non-ROH DVD’s.

To redeem your 25% Off Coupon please follow these 2 simple steps:
1) Place an order for merchandise at www.rohstore.com
2. Enter the coupon code: weekend25 into the box marked Discount Coupon Code when you are going through the checkout process. You MUST then hit the “apply” button to the right of the code in order to attach the discount to the order.

Offer ends on Tuesday, September 6th at 9AM EST. This offer is only valid on new order placed in the ROH Online Store. No adjustments to previous purchased.

I am very tempted to order the Best In The World 2011 DVD since it will only cost $15 plus shipping. That card was stacked and the mainevent, Davey Richards vs. Eddie Edwards, was meant to be one of the best matches of the year. I never caught the iPPV replay so I am 85% sure I will order this before the deadline.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Indy DVD wise have just recieved ROH Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies from 2003 which features the first ever meeting between CM Punk and Samoa Joe, Homicide VS. Steve Corino and Christopher Daniels VS. Xavier amongst other things, and World's Greatest from this year featuring TWGTT and Davey Richards VS. TKOW and Roderick Strong, Kenny King VS. Eddie Edwards and Homicide VS. El Generico amongst other things, and FWA Academy: enter the Showstealer featuring Alex Shane VS. Mark Sloan and Tyrone Johnson VS. Alan Gallagher amongst other things. I might well review some of them in the future.

rcoot93

Reaction score
dragon gate invasion UK was supposed to be an excellent show im looking at picking that up as well as some ROH

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
my PWG BOLA 2011 dvd came today can't wait to watch it.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I haven't seen any PWG this year yet. When my 5 DVD's get here, I think i'll finish of the last few shows of 2010, then start 2011.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Did you ever watch the Revolution shows? What were your thoughts?

They are next on my list, I am finishing off reviews for two other DVDs which each have 9 hours of content. Should get to them next weekend.