Impact Wrestling Live Discussion Thread 6/21 - Open Fight Night

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I know there was the video of AJ and Dixie going to a hotel or whatever and also that phonecall which all makes sense now, but am I right in thinking there was a photo of AJ and Dixie kissing?

Kissed her on the cheek or neck

aajdixie_display_image.jpg

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Damn my Cable box died when there were 20 minutes left in this so didn't see what sounds like a hilariously awful promo. Or the Jeff-RVD match but that doesn't bother me.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
That was a really awkward ending and I just didn't get it. It was a decent Impact but all these short matches don't really do much. Magnus is better than I thought, he impressed me tonight. Joe lost another match what else is new huh. James Storm is the man but he could have a fluke loss here or there. Poor Daniels had to put that worthless Anderson over.

Angelo

Reaction score
Le Main-Event m'a arraché un rire dont je ne sais pas si c'est un rire nerveux, un rire d'atterrement, ou juste un rire parce que c'est complètement con.
Faut pas que la TNA se lance dans des storylines intelligentes ou subtiles, ça leur va pas du tout. Et ils auraient pu engager une nana qui savait un peu mieux jouer que ça. Je m'attendais à ce que toute cette storyline merde et fasse pschitt à un moment donné, mais là, WTF à ce point...
Par contre, je suis en train de me demander : en fait, ils auraient pas engagé la soeur de CM Punk, à la TNA?

J'ai moyennement apprécié la construction du show autour des BFG Series, que j'ai trouvé très répétitive. Quasiment à chaque fois un contender qui arrive en disant : "Toi, ramène ton cul sur le ring maintenant!" ou "Je défie n'importe qui de ramener son cul sur le ring maintenant!" (Oui, vous noterez la nuance^^), on aurait pu avoir droit à un peu plus de variété.

Pour le reste, c'est pas mal, les matchs sont un peu trop courts dans l'ensemble, mais on retrouve l'aspect plaisant des BFG Series. Par contre, au rythme où ça, la victoire de James Storm va être encore plus rapide à deviner qu'une victoire à l'Eurovision.^^
Bon segment d'opener entre Hogan et Aries, il faut le noter. Le Hulkster, ça me coûte un peu de le dire, est pas mal dans son rôle de GM, pas trop impliqué, et mettant bien en valeur AA. Puisse cela continuer ainsi.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The main event took off my laughter I do not know if it's a nervous laugh, a laugh atterrement, or just laugh because it's completely stupid.
Should not that TNA storylines embarks on smart or subtle, that they will not. And they could hire a girl who could play a little better than that. I expected that all this shit and make spritz storyline at some point, but here, at this point ... WTF
For cons, I'm wondering: in fact they have not hired the sister of CM Punk in TNA?

I moderately enjoyed building the show around the BFG Series, which I found very repetitive. Almost every time a contender coming in saying, "You, your ass back in the ring now!" or "I challenge anyone to bring her ass in the ring now!" (Yes, you will notice the shade ^ ^), it might have been entitled to a little more variety.

Otherwise, it's not bad, games are a little too short overall, but there is the issue of pleasant BFG Series. By cons, at the rate that the victory of James Storm will be faster to guess that a victory in the Eurovision. ^ ^
Good segment opener between Hogan and Aries, it should be noted. The Hulkster, it costs me a bit to say, not bad in his role as GM, not too involved, and well worth putting AA. May it continue.

Oh that's what he said.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
With the closing angle how did this woman actually know Dixie and AJ? Did she meet them in church? Ridiculous angle and hopefully it ends quickly because it shouldn't be the top angle in TNA right now.

Magnus and Pope winning means that I need to watch this Impact to catch their matches.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
All I heard that annoying actor say was she was friends with Dixie.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Pope's back? WTF?!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pope is part of the BFG series, I was worried that he was being brought back to be the jobber for the season but it has started positively.

The non appearance of the TV title again is disappointing. It should be easy to defend it each week and they really shouldn't have announced it if they were going to give up on the concept in less than a month. I still maintain that it would be much better with a different champion who was over and could wrestle good matches each week.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
If you consider the TV Title under the X-Title like I do then Devon is a decent champion. He's over enough for a third title in the second biggest promotion in the USA. That isn't saying much, though. Still doesn't mean I like him or his common looking matches.

I also don't have the problem with the TV Title taking a backseat on the Fight Night night. It's not important enough to go over the Bound For Glory series. I'm sure next week when it goes back to normal Devon will defend. These weeks are supposed to seem bigger so Devon getting left in the shadow shouldn't be a big deal. He's been a defending champion more so already than most of us marks would like.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But if you come out and say that the TV title will be defended every week then they should follow through with that otherwise they shouldn't have made the claim. This is the second week where he hasn't defended the title on tv. Currently the title is below the X Division but there is no reason why it can't move up the rankings and become the title right below the TNA World title.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
But if you come out and say that the TV title will be defended every week then they should follow through with that otherwise they shouldn't have made the claim. This is the second week where he hasn't defended the title on tv. Currently the title is below the X Division but there is no reason why it can't move up the rankings and become the title right below the TNA World title.

Agreed, and if you're not going to for whatever reason, at least acknowledge it and make something up. They could easily have said that it was because of the Open Fight Night and because the KOs title would be defended. Last time it wasn't defended, they said it was because Devon was in that Battle Royal, but not until the week later, so that week, we were still wondering why it wasn't defended.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Actually, I think the TV title is hopeless in becoming more important than the X-Division title unless you completely revamp what that division is. It's basically just people with nothing better to do. I also think Devon defended the belt two weeks ago and I have no problem with TNA overlooking the TV title on Fight Night. Would you rather that they left some of the bigger names off Fight Night in favor of a TV Title match? I sure as hell wouldn't. I can understand people them not wanting ignore stuff like this but in the favor of something that means more I can't be asked to care about them not mentioning something as worthless as that championship.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Actually, I think the TV title is hopeless in becoming more important than the X-Division title unless you completely revamp what that division is. It's basically just people with nothing better to do. I also think Devon defended the belt two weeks ago and I have no problem with TNA overlooking the TV title on Fight Night. Would you rather that they left some of the bigger names off Fight Night in favor of a TV Title match? I sure as hell wouldn't. I can understand people them not wanting ignore stuff like this but in the favor of something that means more I can't be asked to care about them not mentioning something as worthless as that championship.

It isn't hard to find five minutes in a two hour show to include a tv title match. Cut back on the Hogan's promos and there will easily be enough time, or better yet if they dropped that ridiculous Dixie/AJ angle they would have had time. I would rather see the TV title defended like they said than those other segments.