IMPACT Wrestling Live Discussion - February 2nd, 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
333333.png

Don't miss Thursday's historic TNA IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast on SpikeTV at 9/8c - all from Wembley Arena in London, England! If you can't watch it on
Thursday night, make sure to set your DVR to record it so you don't miss any of the Total Nonstop Action!

Here is a preview of Thursday's broadcast:

- For the first time ever, IMPACT WRESTLING takes place from London, England, at Wembley Arena!

- The epic event will feature "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan, "The Icon" Sting, World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Roode, Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle and many more of your favorite stars! It will be a night of nonstop action, surprises and memorable moments!

- The broadcast will also feature the return of "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan to England for the first time in over a decade, and his first appearance on IMPACT since after October's Bound For Glory! What does Hogan have planned? Why has he chosen this historic night to return to IMPACT?

- Sting plans to address the World Heavyweight Title situation on the broadcast, including who will get the shot at the gold against Bobby Roode at the "Against All Odds" Pay-Per-View

- In a non-title bout and a preview of their upcoming match at "Against All Odds", Knockouts Champion Gail Kim will battle the #1 contender Tara on the London IMPACT!

- Plus, the family feud continues between Eric Bischoff and his son, Garett Bischoff! Who is training Garett? Who (or what) did Eric see when he found Garett in the video that aired on IMPACT? - tune in Thursday for more!

All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast on SpikeTV, plus more news on the upcoming "Against All Odds" Pay-Per-View event!

f1643f36708fadabd1f1bf38a425687f_L.jpg

Big time show this week with the action taking place in the UK, where TNA have a fairly strong following. Here's hoping the crowd is just a tad more lively than the normal Impact Zone valium poppers, but then again that shouldn't be too hard should it? Interested to see Hogan back? You know he couldn't stay away forever brother. I'm still guessing he's Garrett's trainer because he's really the only person that makes sense in the role. Kim/Tara should be good, though I kind of question why they would want to do it before Against All Odds. One other thing I'm looking forward to is the ongoing EY/ODB angle and what kind of shenanigans they can get up to in England.

So who's going to be here rocking out this week?

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion - February 2nd, 2012

I really don't want to see Hogan back on my TV. He has he been watching iMPACT? It's been so much better without him. I really amen't behind the whole Garrett Bischoff storyline, so if he's training Garrett I really don't care because I'll be avoiding until we see Gunner clean house.

Kim/Tara? Why would they have it now? I don't get that at all.

I'm hoping to see Joe/Magnus wrestle. The English fans will mark out for them and rightly so.

I don't read spoilers but, my prediction is that it'll be a four way match from what happened last week. I'd love to see Bully Ray main eventing. Either that or Storm/Roode and Bully/Hardy which I would like to see as well.[/spoiler]

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Kim/Tara? Why would they have it now? I don't get that at all.

TBH, I have no issue with it.

Tara & Gail faced a couple months back on Impact already in Gail's return match, so it's not a fresh match up. I don't see anyone buying the PPV for this match so it's not a huge loss to run a non title match, especially if Tara hands Gail her first defeat since her return to add heat to their match.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

especially if Tara hands Gail her first defeat since her return to add heat to their match.

I'd have to think this is the logical way to go and in fact MAY actually get a couple of extra buys. If Tara can pull off a roll up or something it will certainly lend her a lot of support going into the match. Since I see Gail coming out of AAO as champ, they need to do something to give Tara a believable chance, and that's about the best thing they could do.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

especially if Tara hands Gail her first defeat since her return to add heat to their match.

I'd have to think this is the logical way to go and in fact MAY actually get a couple of extra buys. If Tara can pull off a roll up or something it will certainly lend her a lot of support going into the match. Since I see Gail coming out of AAO as champ, they need to do something to give Tara a believable chance, and that's about the best thing they could do.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score

You guys are probably right. I would've thought that a tag match where Tara gets the win is the more logical step. Kim is an awesome Knockouts Champion.

I can't see a huge amount going to this and Wembley is huge. TNA isn't that big there. It's on Extreme Sports which isn't in the Top 10 sports channels in the UK. I can't see there being a huge atmosphere though they'll cut a large portion of it off.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

I can't see a huge amount going to this and Wembley is huge. TNA isn't that big there. It's on Extreme Sports which isn't in the Top 10 sports channels in the UK. I can't see there being a huge atmosphere though they'll cut a large portion of it off.

If 14 people cheer loudly it will be better than the Impact Zone crowd.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score

If 14 people cheer loudly it will be better than the Impact Zone crowd.

It'll be good so. Us European tend to cheer for anything as long as beer is being served at the event!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

It'll be good so. Us European tend to cheer for anything as long as beer is being served at the event!

Just like us Canadians. Alcohol = good crowds.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Actually, it's on Challenge TV, a channel free to view by everyone with a TV license. It regularly pulls in viewer figures similar to WWE programming and it's last tour of the UK resulted in one of their largest crowds to date.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

All I hope for is James storm vs bully ray vs Jeff hardy vs Bobby roode instead of Jeff hardy vs James storm vs Bobby roode. If bully ray is in the match it will make it 10X better and ray deserves it considering he's been the perfect heel ever since breaking up with Devon a year and a half ago

Catfish Billy

Reaction score

Actually, it's on Challenge TV, a channel free to view by everyone with a TV license. It regularly pulls in viewer figures similar to WWE programming and it's last tour of the UK resulted in one of their largest crowds to date.

We don't get that here. We get it on Extreme Sports. I guess Challenge is like Five, we don't get that either.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler