Impact Wrestling Live Discussion 8/1/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I agree. People are bringing the hammer down on TNA too hard because of that FUCKING HORRIBLE Tito debut and a few other shit, namely the Hogans, while overlooking the positives. TNA have seen better days, but they've seen worse as well.

Because the world title match between Ray and Sabin was awful

Joey

Reaction score
TNA is doing great, I don't know what you're watching. They've puled out how many amazing matches on TV, let alone impacts this year?

Yeah, but the mistakes are adding up to a big pile of shit, that is starting to smell. I can agree that the ring work has been nice, and there has been times in 2013 where TNA had me impressed.

But as I said, these "little" things are piling up, and its only a matter of time where the fans cant stand the smell.

The Viper

Reaction score
David Arquette didn't become world champion? The NWO wasn't screwed up by having 500 members?

Cool, you're just repeating what everyone and their mother has been talking about the past 13 years. Next, please.

Cap

Reaction score
Yeah, but the mistakes are adding up to a big pile of shit, that is starting to smell. I can agree that the ring work has been nice, and there has been times in 2013 where TNA had me impressed.

But as I said, these "little" things are piling up, and its only a matter of time where the fans cant stand the smell.

I could honestly care less about the little things, TNA week by week puts on a better wrestling product than any wrestling promotion on TV right now in North America. I am intrigued by wrestling, not the Hogans, or MMA transitions.

Joey

Reaction score
I could honestly care less about the little things, TNA week by week puts on a better wrestling product than any wrestling promotion on TV right now in North America. I am intrigued by wrestling, not the Hogans, or MMA transitions.

Excuse me, but may I remind you that there is this promotion called World Wrestling Entertainment, that kicks the living shit out of TNA's product?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
David Arquette didn't become world champion? The NWO wasn't screwed up by having 500 members?
Claearly skipping right over my post that disproved the point you didn't bother to repeat here.

And no. the nWo wasn't screwed up. The ENTIRE point was for it to be a separate brand. WCW wanted to do a Brand Extension before WWE even knew what it was.

Inconsistent booking and the watering down of the WCW brand is what ruined it.

Although I do prefer the smaller band. The Elite Wolfpac variation in 1999 was probably my favorite for the few month it lasted.

Cap

Reaction score
Excuse me, but may I remind you that there is this corporation, called World Wrestling Entertainment, that kicks the living shit out of TNA's product?

In what way? Besides Punk, Danielson, Cesaro, and Swagger, WWE is an entertainment product.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

The Viper

Reaction score
And they went out of business. Reason?

According to Bischoff and others, I think they couldn't find a TV channel that wanted to broadcast wrestling. Once AOL bought out TNT (I think that was it), it was over. I believe another channel was gonna pick them up but that didn't go through.

Most of the time, little booking decisions like not pushing young talent doesn't kill a company. Literally kill a company.

[MENTION=1]Zod[/MENTION] can obviously delve more into that.

Joey

Reaction score
In what way? Besides Punk, Danielson, Cesaro, and Swagger, WWE is an entertainment product.

Ziggler, Uso's, AJ Lee, Kaitlyn, Fandango, Alberto Del Rio, Cody Rhodes, RVD, Chris Jericho..

This is wrestling.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Because the world title match between Ray and Sabin was awful

What does that have to do with what I said. At least we had Aries vs Roode that night and we got Ultimate X and Styles vs Hardy the next week and a good match between Sabin and Manik and Styles and Aries tonight. Plus the entire MEM vs Aces feud was ok leading up to this Tito bullshit. Believe me, I was pretty fucking pissed after the Sabin match for a number of reasons and even when I came in here tonight I was criticizing his booking. But looking at the big picture, and things aren't that bad. We have young fellas like Magnus about to emmerge, we get Aries, Roode, Hardy and Styles every week or every other at least, Bully is still golden on the mic, Bad Influence are at large and are on of the more entertaining teams going, even TJP is a TNA Champion! Things aren't so bad in the grand scheme but they are definitely crippled by these bullshit moves. I never hesitate to call TNA out but I'm not that pissed at TNA at this moment because in a few months, Tito will be ancient history. Hopefully Brooke will go right along with him.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
According to Bischoff and others, I think they couldn't find a TV channel that wanted to broadcast wrestling. Once AOL bought out TNT (I think that was it), it was over. I believe another channel was gonna pick them up but that didn't go through.

Most of the time, little booking decisions like not pushing young talent doesn't kill a company. Literally kill a company.
:this:

The exact reason is because Brad Keller who took over Turner Broadcasting decided to cancel all WCW programs on the network despite being in the middle of a sale and despite Nitro being TNT's best rated program in 18-34 demo on Monday nights. He simply thought wrestling was low brow. But WCW was still doing decent numbers. Just not WWE numbers. Although they were close to current RAW numbers.)

The Viper

Reaction score
Cap, what's wrong with being an entertainment product? And TBH, WWE has had some fantastic matches this year and I'm offended you're not realizing that.