Impact Wrestling Live Discussion 7/25/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Joey

Reaction score
Before I can take TNA seriously at all, they need to start making good decisions from a business standpoint as well. When I went to Slammiversary, I expected the Agganis Arena to be packed. To my surprise, it wasn't even half full.

Allow me to enlighten you. The Agganis Arena seats half of what The TD Garden Seats. Its the Boston University Hockey Arena, and TNA couldn't get asses in the seats.

Although this was disappointing, the show was excellent, and i met dixie carter.

TNA must motivate themselves to advertise, both their events, and their talent.

On Sabin? Not the right man for the job in my opinion. I think someone such as Magnus would feel more natural. TNA has all the tools, they just need to use them.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That was my initial thought. At this point I think the fans were taking Ray's reign more seriously than TNA were. I don't think the booking team even realized he was supposed to be holding the title hostage so to speak.
I think the writers understood this going into Slammiversary. Sting made it seem like it was life or death that he wrestle it away from Bully Ray. But it's not felt that way since.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Booking aside, I don't for Chris Sabin anyway.

I'll be happy if Alex Shelley comes back at Hardcore Justice and challenges Sabin to a title match at Bound For Glory. Shelley wins it for Detroit!

The buyrate would be -150,000

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Before I can take TNA seriously at all, they need to start making good decisions from a business standpoint as well. When I went to Slammiversary, I expected the Agganis Arena to be packed. To my surprise, it wasn't even half full.

Allow me to enlighten you. The Agganis Arena seats half of what The TD Garden Seats. Its the Boston University Hockey Arena, and TNA couldn't get asses in the seats.

Although this was disappointing, the show was excellent, and i met dixie carter.

TNA must motivate themselves to advertise, both their events, and their talent.

On Sabin? Not the right man for the job in my opinion. I think someone such as Magnus would feel more natural. TNA has all the tools, they just need to use them.

They did a little house show here and they had all kinds of radio ads and radio spots on some of the top shows around here. Now they didn't go out and get a billboard but I also knew they were coming here. The main issue is not every wrestling fan knows TNA is out there and the ones that do will not accept them because it is not run by Vince McMahon.

Honestly on the Sabin subject I would not have given him the title but they did probably out of wanting a slight change. I would rather them keep it on Bully longer and have AJ take it off of him at BFG or later. I think that it would have made it all the more special if he was the one to take off Bully first.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
It wouldn't be my first choice, but Shelley is better than Sabin.

Why bother putting it on BFG though? Here's what you do... bring him back and on the week of his return he can win the X Title and then lose it the same night and then win it back the same night and then beat Sabin the same night after Sabin slips on a banana peel. Fans would go nuts for it no matter how horrible it was because it's Alex Shelley guise!

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Why bother putting it on BFG though? Here's what you do... bring him back and on the week of his return he can win the X Title and then lose it the same night and then win it back the same night and then beat Sabin the same night after Sabin slips on a banana peel. Fans would go nuts for it no matter how horrible it was because it's Alex Shelley guise!

alright that is money right there. Sign me up. It is Alex Shelley

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I don't know what's sarcasm and what isn't here. However if look back at Alex Shelley before he paired with Chris Sabin, he was the entire package. Guy had a shit load of charisma and he connected with the fans. And the guy could put on a clinic in the ring. Back when TNA liked wrestlers to use their different styles in the ring, he was working matches with Mexican, British and Japanese styles. All joking aside, I actually felt he was primed to one day be a future TNA Champion. There really wasn't anything he was missing that say AJ Styles had. Now of course I was kidding about him coming back and winning the title from Sabin. Unless TNA plans to keep it on him for a while, in which case it could be neat to see a clash of the Motor City Machine Guns. Battle of the partners is usually an easy sell.