Impact Wrestling Discussion - June 14th, 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
333333.png

THE NEXT EVOLUTION OF PRO WRESTLING - TNA IMPACT WRESTLING LIVE ON SPIKE TV | NEW TIME SLOT OF 8:00p.m./ET FOR LIVE ACTION AND MUCH MORE
Preview Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast LIVE on SpikeTV at 8/7c

- IMPACT will feature the aftermath of the "Slammiversary" Pay-Per-View event! Who was victorious at TNA's 10 year anniversary event? Tune in and find out!

- General Manager Hulk Hogan has ordered that there will be a World Heavyweight Title match on the broadcast! Still the World Champion after Slammiversary, Bobby Roode will defend the gold this Thursday against the new #1 contender, Mr. Anderson!

-Last week Dixie Carter's husband, Serg, punched AJ Styles. What will the fallout from that be this week on Impact?

- The annual "Bound For Glory Series" will kick off on Thursday night! Which 12 competitors will be selected for a chance to earn a World Title shot at Bound For Glory in October? The BFG Series starts on Thursday on SpikeTV with a Gauntlet Match!

- Plus, the road to the July 8 "Destination X" event begins

All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast LIVE at 8/7c on SpikeTV

TNA IMPACT WRESTLING announced that the highly-rated weekly series will be making changes to its programming to include a hybrid of reality and explosive action each Thursday, live on SPIKE TV at 8:00pm/ ET. The reality elements and production technique represent the most significant evolution in this genre in more than 15 years.

This announcement is a key component in the continued growth of the TNA IMPACT WRESTLING brand that is bringing game-changing programming to the world of professional wrestling. Cameras will be everywhere. Meetings will be shot in real time and unscripted as we capture moments; not produced segments. Access to conversations and vantage points that have never been seen before, such as production meetings, talent evaluations and post match critiques, will be revealed. Combined with an emphasis on story structure, long term character and story development, these changes will help IMPACT WRESTLING pioneer the next generation of wrestling entertainment programming.

Going live allows IMPACT WRESTLING a deeper connection with our audience via social media. IMPACT WRESTLING will be the most socially interactive television program in the history of professional wrestling. Viewers will have a variety of unique opportunities to participate and influence certain elements of the program through various social media platforms. Also, backstage will take center stage, as fans will have access to live interviews being conducted featured on IMPACT WRESTLING : THURSDAY ON SPIKE.

Wow, a lot going on this Thursday for sure. Roode/Anderson should be decent but I still can't stand Anderson. I guess its the freshest match Roode could have though, so I won't complain too much. Nice to see the BFG Series is making a return even if its pretty much a foregone conclusion that James Storm will be winning it. The Gauntlet Match could be pretty fun though, so I'm looking forward to it and of course to this LD, still the best on the internet!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Nice to hear they're doing the BFG series again, it's a good idea and hopefully they'll correct some of the errors of last years series.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Nice to hear they're doing the BFG series again, it's a good idea and hopefully they'll correct some of the errors of last years series.

Yeah, like not having Crimson beat Devon four times. :lol:

It's really pretty simple. Just have everyone wrestle each other once and map out the points before it begins.

Either way, Storm's definitely winning.

Castiel

Reaction score
Great to hear the BFG series returning! I imagine it'll be much better this year tbh. No Joe losing streak, no Crimson winning streak, no underdog injured Roode since while great that was cheesy as hell. Storm seems like the obvious choice, Roode losing the strap to him at BFG has been long predicted and would be perfect really.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I don't give a shit if Storm is winning. The BFG series is awesome

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Here's the official preview for impact tonight.
TNA Impact preview 6/14

TNA has loaded up the broadcast for this week's live Impact episode following the Slammiversary PPV. The following top items are in-play.

-- Fresh off his latest TNA World Title defense at the PPV, Bobby Roode defends the title against new #1 contender Mr. Anderson in the TV main event.

-- The show will open with Austin Aries defending the X Division Title in an Ultimate X match. TNA has not named Aries's opponents yet. The match will preview the X Division-themed Destination X PPV in July.

-- TNA will begin the second-annual Bound for Glory Series by naming the 12 participants in the three-month tournament. The first match for points will be a gauntlet match.

-- TNA will gave general fall-out from Slammiversary focused on Sting's TNA Title match loss and "losing his cool" after the match, new TNA tag champions Kurt Angle & A.J. Styles, new Knockouts champion Miss Tessmacher, Joseph Park defeating Bully Ray with help from "Abyss," and other items.

ULTIMATE MOTHER FUCKING X.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Here's the official preview for impact tonight.

ULTIMATE MOTHER FUCKING X.
Why not do this at Slammiversary? Or instead of looking backwards, at Victory Road? You know, their all X PPV.

Will be fun either way tonight.

The Viper

Reaction score
Why not do this at Slammiversary? Or instead of looking backwards, at Victory Road? You know, their all X PPV.

Will be fun either way tonight.

You meant Destination X, correct? :lol:

But yeah, I was thinking to myself this would be much better suited for Destination X or even Slammiversary but I'm looking forward to it either way.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You meant Destination X, correct? :lol:

But yeah, I was thinking to myself this would be much better suited for Destination X or even Slammiversary but I'm looking forward to it either way.
Sue me, Victory Road used to be their July PPV... :p

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I think it's a great way to start the road to Destination X, it'll definitely entertain everyone and give people who are still getting familiar with TNA to witness one of their specialized matches that you can't see in other companies.

Castiel

Reaction score
Ultimate X makes sense to me, it'll just be a taste of what people can see more of at Destination X (X). I'm sure if they have another at Destination X (which they very likely will) Aries won't be involved in that one. Also, I love the match so I'm all for them having one!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Ultimate X BABY!!!!

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Okay TNA is making it up to me with an amazing opening match.

When was the last time we kicks off impact with a great match or even a match?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk