Impact Wrestling Discussion - January 5th, 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Every fibre in my body told me that they were gonna put the belt on roode at BFG but that didn't happen. Obviously it worked out for the best but still...

It worked out better than for the best. Roode is arguably the top heel in wrestling right now. Between both major companies, who else comes close?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It worked out better than for the best. Roode is arguably the top heel in wrestling right now. Between both major companies, who else comes close?
Dolph ziggler and Austin Aries

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Dolph ziggler and Austin Aries

Ziggler is a good heel but he's not on Roode's level, and Aries is below Roode in the same company. While I'd argue that Ziggler is an excellent cocky heel and Aries is the same, Roode is a boss heel that instantly commands your attention not because of his brash attitude but because of his resolve. He doesn't have to rely on the "I'm better than you" thing because he's surpassed that.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Ziggler is a good heel but he's not on Roode's level, and Aries is below Roode in the same company. While I'd argue that Ziggler is an excellent cocky heel and Aries is the same, Roode is a boss heel that instantly commands your attention not because of his brash attitude but because of his resolve. He doesn't have to rely on the "I'm better than you" thing because he's surpassed that.

Roode uses the Cocky arrogance of I will kick your ass and this title that I am carrying proves that along with the fact that he looks at that belt like it his own personal treasure that no one will take away from him, he treats it better than his own wife if you believe the vignettes that TNA has played

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Roode uses the Cocky arrogance of I will kick your ass and this title that I am carrying proves that along with the fact that he looks at that belt like it his own personal treasure that no one will take away from him, he treats it better than his own wife if you believe the vignettes that TNA has played

This is a point that's missed on a lot of people but I'm glad you mentioned it. The belt means more to Roode than his family and their well-being. How does that not make him the top heel in the business today?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Those family segments were kind of sad actually about his kids wondering why he was acting this way

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Roode makes a perfect heel. He can get the crowd into a frenzy which is what a heel needs. When he spit in Dixie Carter's face that was great. It really showed that he has no respect for anyone. If tna has jeff hardy become champion then it's gonna be really hard to get roode back on top because if Jeff ever wins the belt again I see a long title run. So let's hope tna makes the right choice and forgets the merchandise sales for one night

I don't ever want to see another Hardy title reign, especially not a long one, until we get this Hardy back...

[video=youtube;3YR3jHMWVZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YR3jHMWVZY&feature=relmfu[/video]

The Viper

Reaction score
I don't ever want to see another Hardy title reign, especially not a long one, until we get this Hardy back...

[video=youtube;3YR3jHMWVZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YR3jHMWVZY&feature=relmfu[/video]

THE BEST GODDAMN PROMO VIDEO TNA HAS EVER MADE!!!!!

The way they incorporated Hardy's BADASS theme into it was fucking brilliant.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
THE BEST GODDAMN PROMO VIDEO TNA HAS EVER MADE!!!!!

The way they incorporated Hardy's BADASS theme into it was fucking brilliant.

Yes is was pretty good. They also did a great job on the Roode one but this one is 500x better because Hardy never was heel that I can remember until this time.