Impact Down Under Tour - June 30 and July 1, 2023

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Impact-Down-Under-Tour-1920x1080-May2023-1536x864.jpg

IMPACT Wrestling Announces 2 Shows This Summer In Australia (Winter, Down Under)​

Press Release / May 8, 2023 / by IMPACT Wrestling Staff​

Conrad Thompson Will Host A Live Podcast From The IMPACT Down Under Tour

Major Fan Engagement Activities Scheduled With IMPACT Stars, Championship Matches Confirmed

IMPACT Wrestling presents the 4-day, 2-show IMPACT Down Under Tour, marking the company’s first-ever major events and shows in Australia.

The stars of IMPACT Wrestling will be in the city of Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia for four days of activities, starting on Thursday, June 29. The IMPACT Tour is supported by the NSW Government Regional Events Acceleration Fund and the two marquee wrestling shows will be held on Friday, June 30, and Saturday, July 1 both at the Equex Centre.

IMPACT Wrestling replaced New Japan Pro-Wrestling in Australia due to NJPW scheduling and talent availability issues. The NJPW Oceania Cup has been postponed.

The IMPACT Down Under Tour will feature most of the IMPACT stars, numerous championship matches and special challenge matches against the best Australia-based wrestlers. The shows will be broadcast worldwide on FITE TV and across IMPACT Wrestling international broadcast platforms, digital and social media.

“We are so excited to bring IMPACT Wrestling to the great fans of Australia, with a big thank-you to the NSW Government and the Regional Events Acceleration Fund for helping this tour,” said IMPACT Wrestling president Scott D’Amore. “Australian fans will see the stars of IMPACT Wrestling in-action, in-person and will experience first-hand the excitement, energy and emotion of The IMPACT Zone when we hit the city of Wagga Wagga.”

Wagga Wagga is located midway between the two largest cities in Australia, Sydney and Melbourne.

The IMPACT Down Under Tour will be the company’s first shows outside of North America since a show in the UK in September 2018 that included Rich Swann, Joe Hendry, Sami Callihan and Moose, among others. IMPACT’s last major international tour was in May 2017 in India.

Renowned wrestling podcaster Conrad Thompson will be coming to Australia for the IMPACT Down Under Tour and he will be hosting a live podcast on Sunday, July 2.

“This is my first time in Australia … I am really looking forward to seeing the fans and having an awesome experience in Wagga Wagga,” Thompson said.

Cam Vale, managing director of Australia-based GLO Sports, said his company is proud to facilitate the partnership between IMPACT Wrestling and the NSW Government.

“The way IMPACT Wrestling has been able to come in and support this event on short notice has been phenomenal and a testament to their international ambitions,” Vale said. “The broadcast reach of this event will be significant; it will drive economic activity and showcase the Equex Centre as a multi-sport venue capable of hosting international events.

“I am fortunate to have worked with Destination NSW on many occasions in my career and am excited about the opportunities the IMPACT Down Under Tour will bring to engage local business and community stakeholders, showcasing Wagga Wagga as a great location for signature events like this.”

The IMPACT Down Under Tour will include major fan engagement elements, including wrestler meet & greets, autograph sessions and more.

“IMPACT Wrestling is giving opportunities to Australian wrestlers, referees and ring announcers to be part of this event, an amazing development opportunity for this region,” Vale said.

FITE chief operating officer Michael Weber said, “FITE is thrilled to distribute another great event from our long-time partner, IMPACT Wrestling, which continues to grow its international market with these live shows in Australia, available worldwide exclusively on FITE.”

Tickets for the IMPACT Down Under Tour will go on-sale on Saturday, May 13, at 7 p.m. EST (Sunday May 14, 9am AEST) at www.oceaniaprowrestling.com and via www.intix.com.au.

The $40 million Regional Events Acceleration Fund is part of the $2 billion Regional Growth Fund, designed to support growing regional centres, activate local economies and improve services and community infrastructure for regional communities.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Doesn't get much more 'Bush League' than fucking Wagga Wagga :lol

I'll see if I can get time off work to go, it's a decent 5+ hour drive from my place so I'd make a weekend of it.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
To be fair they're only in Wagga Wagga because an NJPW date there fell through AND they're getting a grant for it

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Wagga was such a bizarre choice when NJPW chose it as well ngl. Like there's nothing to actually DO in wagga. It's a pit-top town on the drive down to Melbourne

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
No one chose it tho outside of the Government bc they're paying to bring these events to places like that

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
No one chose it tho outside of the Government bc they're paying to bring these events to places like that
Poorly constructed by me in terms of my meaning.

Our former government (who booked this event) were not exactly the best at logistics. I'm all for the trip (good excuse to get away with the missus), but yeah, Sydney, Wollongong, Newcastle etc much bigger markets than Wagga.

Actually if Mickie is cleared and comes out I'm there.

Reactions: Chris

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
I've got my tickets + hotel booked.

Would absolutely cream myself if Mickie James was able to appear and/or wrestle on the shows.

Reactions: Vegeta and Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
cool beans. wonder if we will get some guest appearances. can rule out half the iiconics tho

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler