• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Should Dean Ambrose break the record?

• Total voters

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Never defends the belt, never runs a feud for it. Cannot give him that honor in good confidence.

Everything happening around Ambrose is interesting...except when related to the belt.

Reactions: Wilby

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
house shows aren't real
2274f3c7cb854d1f82efac388a977f7b.jpg

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Are we gonna have some Paige type shit go down? Will either Bo or Adam Rose be the new US champion here soon?

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
I think they should just quietly scrap the title like it never existed. Sometimes he doesn't even wear it. It's not even an accessory at this point.

Brosnar

Jobber
Reaction score
If anyone's going to have that accolade, it would be good if the title had meaning, and I'm sure we can all agree that the title, and the IC title, have no meaning right now. I guess one could argue that the IC title is getting a little credibility back with the tournament going on, but for me, it would be better if there were actual storylines revolving around it, like in the old days. I used to look forward to IC title matches back in the day.

But anyway, back to the US title - it would be good if they gave it to someone who can solely focus on defending that title, especially within concentrated feuds. Right now, since Ambrose is heavily involved in the storyline with Shield and Evolution right now, there is no real point having him hold the title anymore.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Welp, he's broken the record.

Keep in mind that MVP's title reign was very similar, so it's not that much of a stretch.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Welp, he's broken the record.

Keep in mind that MVP's title reign was very similar, so it's not that much of a stretch.
Still got Rude and Luger to beat for the longest reigning of all time title.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Nobody cares anymore. Kayfabe accomplishments has never meant less in terms of judging a superstar's worth than they do today, and it's not like WWE even gives a damn about the title anymore.

Also, as others have pointed out, he's only the longest-reigning champion as far as defending under the WWE umbrella goes, and the title (according to WWE.com anyway, which is the closest thing we have to official record books) still carries the lineage of the NWA/WCW, too. Another example of how inconsistent WWE can be.

Reactions: Snowman1

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I reckon he may lose it on SD Fri.