I'm Still Not Buying It...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Work or no work Reigns wins, it's been in the plans since last year's WrestleMania.
Vince will be like this all Wrestlemania weekend:
200.gif

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I honestly don't care at this point because we already know it was going to happen. We know he will win and we know Brock will take a break.
Predictability is part of the reason WWE continues to do so bad. Even children can predict their crap anymore.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
I don't want to see Roman and Brock as much as the next guy, but at this point the entire WrestleMania card is shaping up to be terrible, with all the rumored matches..

I don't blame Roman at all for this negative response he continues to get.. He's a talented guy who continues to improve, he hasn't been in the business as long as some of these guys in WWE who's been working the indy's/Japan for years.. WWE just needs to stop force feeding him to us.. The fans hate that and the fans are not falling for it anymore.. It was too soon to push him to the main--event right when The Shield split.

It seems the fans don't hate Roman, as seen when he beat the shit out of Triple H before, or when he won the World Title from Sheamus, or his promo this past Monday on RAW.. The fans will cheer if booked properly, they hate the way he's booked and WWE books him fucking awful most of the time, they give him very little to work with... I honestly don't know what they can do to fix this.. I've always been against the Roman heel turn, but that might be the only option at this point.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Kinda feels like the current booking and storyline is pretty good. So far so good. See how things play out. The Roman Reigns hate peaked in 2015 and 3 years later its kinda died down a bit. If WWE continue with good booking and Roman continues to show character in he's promos, then I think Roman will continue to get over as a babyface and win people around. Obviously he's not gonna be universally adored, but in 2018 im finding it hard to find reasons to hate Roman.

Apart from the fact its so fucking obvious that Roman is beating Brock. That the biggest problem I have with the match. For the 3rd year in a row the main event of WrestleMania will end in a predictable Roman win. I like my Wrestlemania main events to be unpredictable and give the feeling that your team has won the world cup. Last time we had that feeling was Wrestlemania 31. Unless something crazy happens then I guess another anti climatic Mania. Oh well there's always next year...

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I cant be fucked to answer that question lol.
That's because you can't! He has no character! That's why he's still
dressed up in the Shield attire...he has nothing else to work with.

Ambrose & Rollins moved on...but not "Generic Action Figure" Reigns...

I guess he's the Big Dawg
Yeah...but No.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
That's because you can't! He has no character! That's why he's still
dressed up in the Shield attire...he has nothing else to work with.

Ambrose & Rollins moved on...but not "Generic Action Figure" Reigns...
Nah I do think he has a character. It just isn't obvious to point out. I suppose Roman since the Shield has been the "top guy". Won world titles, beaten everybody that has been put in front of him (apart from Brock) and will main event 4 Manias in a row. So where's the character? He just seems like a cool dude who is just there to kick ass. As a result he is the locker room leader (which ties in with this current Brock story) . You can also look at the relationship he has with Seth and Dean since the break up. The most interesting for me is how Reigns has reacted to the controversial crowd reactions. He just doesn't give a fuck. The guy has definitely been through character development.

Sure he hasn't got a straight forward character like being a drifter who plays the guitar. But I think he has a character. Hes not Finn Balor

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
It just isn't obvious to point out.
Yeah...that's kind of a problem...especially considering
the WWE wants him to be "The Guy" or whatever.

They should give Rollins that spot!!!

Won world titles, beaten everybody that has been put in front of him (apart from Brock) and will main event 4 Manias in a row.
I don't consider winning matches & titles to be part of "A" character...
plus I've been told wins & loses don't matter anyway.

He just seems like a cool dude who is just there to kick ass.
I don't think he's cool...I just think he's a large Samoan man with
greasy hair in swat gear..so basically every nightclub bouncer in
my hometown.

As a result he is the locker room leader
Again...I don't know if that's really true...it could just be the image
the WWE are trying to project across to people.

Everything about Reigns is so hard to take seriously at this point.

You can also look at the relationship he has with Seth and Dean since the break up.
You mean how he didn't care & moved into a feud with Orton
while it was Dean who actually wanted revenge on Seth for
his betrayal? And you mean how Roman has basically worked
with both of them regardless of it making any sense so the WWE
can try to get him cheered by reliving past Shield Glories?

The most interesting for me is how Reigns has reacted to the controversial crowd reactions. He just doesn't give a fuck.
You mean how he has that same dumb, Blue look on his face
every time he makes his entrance? Like he's looking around and
thinking:

"Yeah Vince...they are still booing me"

He doesn't give a fuck because he's not allowed to.

Remember how he smiled & raised his arms in triumph like a
babyface even when the crowd were spitting hatred at him &
the WWE after the 2015 Royal Rumble?

Reigns not reacting is not a reaction...its the WWE putting its
hands over its ears & screaming "I'M NOT LISTENING!!!"

Its pathetic...

The guy has definitely been through character development.
No...he hasn't...he really hasn't.

But I think he has a character.
I disagree...

He's not Finn Balor
No...Finn actually has a character with personality & charisma.

Got anything else?

Last edited:

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
I don't hate Reigns but yeah he kinda has to win because the Plank of Wood is marginally better than the other Plank of Wood pt II who has Heyman cut his promos.

Hell Reigns may actually be better in the ring than Brook or at least put more effort in.

By dislike of Reigns is mostly booking, not himself as such and on occasion he can do well, I liked how he worked the crowd at RAW for example after the last WM (33?). He could be better though, turn him heel for a bit or get him a mouthpiece he probably has enough pull to cut his own promos so I suspect he is not that good at them left to his own devices.

I think I would rather watch a Plank of Wood match over Brock who is 50/50 being generous.

To be fair I did not have to put up with Reigns pre 2016.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Hell Reigns may actually be better in the ring than Brook or at least put more effort in.
An eight-year-old kid that blatantly ignores the "don't try this at home" warning puts more effort into wrestling than Brock does.