I'm shocked...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Double J

Reaction score
I'm glad he's there he was obviously put there to serve a purpose, which in my opinion is to give some credibility to Jack Swagger, I hate the guy but somebody see's something in him. As soon as he is able to build a real champion outta Swagger he will probably get moved to Smackdown. Thats just my thoughts on the whole thing.

Only reason Christian was put on ECW is because Vince doesn't see him as going anywhere and just hired him back to take a shot at TNA. He was with WWE for months before finally debuting on ECW and he was just there because the writers were afraid Christian would end up like D-Lo Brown and make his return and then just fade out because Vince shot down all the writers ideas.

Vince is the main one big on Swagger mainly because Swagger is a big guy. I think Swagger will end up like Koslov if he doesn't improve his mic skills. Vince loved Koslov hence the undefeated streak and title shots, but Koslov started getting stale so his streak ended and was moved to ECW. If Swagger doesn't get better he'll probably get sent back down the FCW.

I only see Christian getting somewhere if he wins the ECW and puts on an impressive enough show with it that Vince notices him or someone finally comes up with an idea good enough to please Vince to move him to Smackdown.

I couldn't care less if they bury Swagger. He showed against Cena that he can wrestle, but his mic work is just absolutely terrible, one of the worst I've ever seen. And don't get me started on his nickname...

Whether you love Cena or hate him you have to admit his promo with Swagger and making fun of his name was funny. :)
Oh and that "two time, two time" crap is so overused.

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vl73iYUh_bo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vl73iYUh_bo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

noumenon

I think they're doing almost the same thing with Christian as they did with Matt. They needed to build him and there was no other way then to be a big fish over in ECW. Since moving off ECW Matt seems like an entirely new person and it honestly seems like a big push is coming his way any day now.

Wrestling Station

I think its too early for him to move out of ECW. As he would have to win a title before moving to any other brand imo (just that would be a good boost for him).

And we can see him showing up on SD! anytime anyway.

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, Cena has gone way up in my estimations after he ripped on Swagger. He said exactly what I've been thinking.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I guess he's still in the "paying his dues" type of spot on ECW. He could still use his name to put over other guys for a little while. I don't think everything's completely lost with him, an injury to an important guy on either Raw or SD would probably have him step up.

phantomgerald

They had him lose to cleanly on ECW on their first mini-feud, which kinds of destroy any form of credibility anyway. I would think that moving Christian would at least give him more fresh feuds. After he's done with Swagger, what's he going to be doing for the next few months. We all know that WWE will never let him go over a big guy like Henry or Kozlov anyway.

Qwake

I think Vince is giving Christian the Matt Hardy treatment, puts him on ECW, throws him in a fue for the title, makes him win the title and sees how he handles being Champion, then makes him drop the belt to the next young/talented guy waiting for it.

People used to say Vince wasn't to high on Matt but after Matt was on ECW he's been doing much better like beating his brother Jeff so maybe Vince will do this with Christian and once Christian drops the belt after winning it at Backlash he should be moved off to RAW or SD.

Atleast on ECW the show pretty much revolves around him, I would rather him spend quite a bit of tie on TV on the C show then hardly any on the other shows. He will be moved soon enough and hopefully he impresses everyone with his ECW title reign which he SHOULD be getting.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Cena was trying to be like the Rock making fun of Swagger. It wasn't Cena-like, therefore lost all of it's humor value imo.

TAA

Reaction score
I feel Christian is being a little mis-used. He doesn't belong on the C Brand he belongs on Sd! or RAW! Raw he would be a great mid-carde and on Sd! He would be a great midcarder transformed into a main eventer. He should have been drafted...he should have won the MITB, but neither of those things happened. It is what it is, and afterall we're watching Vince's WWE, not the people's WWE.

MikeRaw

Cena was trying to be like the Rock making fun of Swagger. It wasn't Cena-like, therefore lost all of it's humor value imo.

Lol, will you shut up with trying to decide what is or isn't Cena-like? If that's how he's been doing it for the last 3 years, than it is Cena like. Do you mean that's how how John Cena the person is in real life? If so, that's true, but so what? No one is. Do you think Umaga is how Umaga is in real life? Do you think Mark Callaway walks around saying "Rest in Peace" and dressed like a loser? I doubt Paul Levesque walks around with a sledgehammer breaking peoples skulls as well. More importantly, do you think your little golden boy Randy Orton goes and punts random people? So stop your "That's not who he truly is, so it's lame" shit. No one's character reflects who they actually are. And if you mean that's not how his character truly is, then that's also bullshit, because that's exactly how he's been acting for years.
Man, I can't believe I'd defend Cena like this, but your crap filled posts are getting to me. Oh, and learn to use the quote button if you're replying to someone 10 posts ago.