If you could write a letter to yourself at 17

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
That’s old man Floyd

Yep that's Floyd Sr.

Jr went 50 fights undefeated.

So how do I write this letter to my past self? Because not gonna lie, I could do with those billions of dollars I'm gonna make out of it...

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Let me see...

I think I'll divide it into school/career, lifestyle, and mental.

School/Career: You seem to be a pretty smart cookie? Well, now focus on better studying habits. You will more than likely hit walls going into first entering University and then your next level of education (with the second being harder). Also, try and get a few connections in the field you go into. (I did a bit for my undergrad, but I can do more). Invest in a good spell check and work on your grammar. Despite how many years of writing papers, making RPs for e-feds, and being complimented on my writing ability by some, I still suck ass at my grammar. Don't fear being wrong. I know you may not feel that way right now, but those doubts may come in.

Lifestyle: Get exercising and improve your eating habits. You are not the biggest athlete in the world, but try to find some physical activity you can do that you have fun with. Also, I know you are a picky eater, but start trying new foods. I've opened up a bit already for my diet, but keep going. Practice cooking. Eating out is expensive and while it may be easy when you are busy and grocery runs are expensive upfront, but eating out adds up a lot more. Spend more time with some loved ones. I know the internet is distracting, but you never know when they are gone.

Mental: You are an anxious little beaver, and at times that may spiral a bit into depression. Get counselling with it. Your feelings are valid, but having places to vent about stuff can help. Oh also... You know how occasionally you wonder what it would be like if you were a girl... and you like playing as female characters?

YOU'RE A WOMAN, DAMNIT! EMBRACE IT! EMBRACE IT!

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I would tell myself not to give a fuck what anyone else thought of me. It is legit one of the greatest feelings ever. It took me a long time to get over that, but, at 17, I most definitely gave a shit and there is no reason to, you just look how you want, like what you want, be happy with yourself. Wasting time worrying about how others look at you is just pointless, you don't live to please them, and if they can't accept you for who you are, well, fuck 'em.

Unless you're a murderer or something, that is a different story.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
If I could write a letter to myself at 17, I would tell myself to drop the stupid ass beef between you and your best friend. This still haunts me 20 years later. Man what I wouldn't give to go back to one of those long bus rides after an away game or one of those late weekends staying up playing SEGA or macking on shawtys down in JAX together one last time. Getting older sucks when it feels like you the last man standing out your crew.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
It would be one sentence.

Don't be a fucking dumbshit.

Reactions: Swamps

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
It would be one sentence.

Don't be a fucking dumbshit.

You far from ever being a dumbshit fam. Glad to see you here and hope you've been doing well.

bloody sundae

transgressive puroresu
Reaction score
well this is easy with hindsight now (slight CW ahead):

----

don't get addicted to drugs/alcohol for over 10 years to cope with not being able to come out as trans + other trauma. ideally right when i finished high school was perfect for me to do so, no matter what my home life would have been. also could have done a lot more for my mental health, being neurodivergent altogether. with these changes coming far earlier, life could have had a lot less rocky, questionable paths towards getting to be myself

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

----

don't get addicted to drugs/alcohol for over 10 years to cope with not being able to come out as trans + other trauma. ideally right when i finished high school was perfect for me to do so, no matter what my home life would have been. also could have done a lot more for my mental health, being neurodivergent altogether. with these changes coming far earlier, life could have had a lot less rocky, questionable paths towards getting to be myself

(P.S: Pronouns? She/her for me.)

Reactions: bloody sundae

GARBAGE

Reaction score

----

I saw the Punk/Kingston pic in your sig and thought in was in the post, and that the your post would be just telling yourself to be hyped for that hahah. But nah for how long I've known you now reading this was something else. I'd hope if anything too you could tell your 17 year old self you've made it through and that you were capable of getting out of there. /cozy

Reactions: bloody sundae

bloody sundae

transgressive puroresu
Reaction score
GARBAGE said:
I saw the Punk/Kingston pic in your sig and thought in was in the post, and that the your post would be just telling yourself to be hyped for that hahah. But nah for how long I've known you now reading this was something else. I'd hope if anything too you could tell your 17 year old self you've made it through and that you were capable of getting out of there. /cozy

I mean, that is true too; they did commentary for Necro vs Joe after all hehe. heyyy well you were there for a lot of it, even if you only had my eggy signs (i wasn't an egg per say but still!) but ty friend, always means a lot. and even like in this moment, most days i can't believe i did. :cozy

ps: this place has my cozy emoji?! lmao this is so weird bc of why it got popular. time is weird

(P.S: Pronouns? She/her for me.)

she/her for me too :3

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
A good bit of our smileys are past memes (some from outside forums) that most of us aren't even sure of the exact origin ngl

GARBAGE

Reaction score
I mean, that is true too; they did commentary for Necro vs Joe after all hehe. heyyy well you were there for a lot of it, even if you only had my eggy signs (i wasn't an egg per say but still!) but ty friend, always means a lot. and even like in this moment, most days i can't believe i did. :cozy

ps: this place has my cozy emoji?! lmao this is so weird bc of why it got popular. time is weird
I just assumed they didn't have it here so I wrote it like that haha. They've even got CAL emojis on here. :cal Sadly missing walphtf though.

bloody sundae

transgressive puroresu
Reaction score
i remember like all of these emojis lol

I just assumed they didn't have it here so I wrote it like that haha. They've even got CAL emojis on here. :cal Sadly missing walphtf though.

CAL is everywhere. i have to hope he doesn't even know