• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
…will CM Punk get his obligatory rematch? From everything I’ve read, it seems that if Rock wins the title, he’s not going to defend it at all until Wrestlemania, not even at EC. It would pretty unfair not give the (almost) longest reigning champion in 25 years a rematch.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
If he did, I would guess in a triple threat match at Wrestlemania, because to be honest. I really don't want Rock Vs. Cena II.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I still have a feeling that Punk will go over on Rock.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I also have a feeling Punk will go over at the Rumble, but in the chance that Rock does win the belt, I would expect a Rock-Cena rematch. I don't see them putting Punk in the main event (triple threat) and yet having him lose the belt before then when it would mean more to lose it at the big show. Maybe they'll have a one on one rematch at Elimination Chamber or something.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
If Rock wins, he just has to defend it every PPV, if not.. :gtfo:

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
If Rock won it and then didn't defend the title until WM it would make a mockery of the titile and the WWE. So Punk is defo going over as not even VKM would be that stupid would he?

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
There will be a EC match For #1 cont. punk will win then .......

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
You never know about the rematch thing. It may be put off until after WM and then CM Punk will do the I NEVER GOT MY REMATCH thing. Assuming Rock wins to begin with of course.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
DannyWoods said:
You never know about the rematch thing. It may be put off until after WM and then CM Punk will do the I NEVER GOT MY REMATCH thing. Assuming Rock wins to begin with of course.

Seems likely.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Of course there will be a rematch. It would be the stupidest move ever by WWE unless they injure off Punk, and even I can't see them doing that. Hope The Rock gets his ass whopped though, would like to see Punk make him tap out. Just Saiyan.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I bitched so much about Ryback getting an opportunity and title matches. If The Rock really strolls his ass in and becomes champion and shows up to raw once every month and defends at the PPV it will be awful IMO. He may cut his Hollywood promos and keep us entertained but he does not deserve it at all. I love The Rock and if he stayed around, i'd love for him to be champ. We all know he won't though

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
At least Ryback was there every week on camera. The thing is The Rock wants to do movies more I assume since he doesn't put them aside. If he did what Jericho did and just organize a time where he would be full time on WWE, then leave and go back to movies, then it wouldn't be a problem since he would be there full time, but he doesn't do that. The Rock is a great entertainer no doubt, and made an impact in wrestling in the past, and if he won the championship again he would make an impact again, but this one being a bad hit. I have nothing against him, but he didn't earn this shot this time, over the past years he has wrestled a total of two matches, one being against Cena, the other a tag team match. The other times were just promos or he wasn't here at all. I want more then that from any WWE champion, hell even Big Show makes a better champion, at least he's there and loyal.

Reactions: Jose Tortilla

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Dr. CM Punk CPR Expert said:
At least Ryback was there every week on camera. The thing is The Rock wants to do movies more I assume since he doesn't put them aside. If he did what Jericho did and just organize a time where he would be full time on WWE, then leave and go back to movies, then it wouldn't be a problem since he would be there full time, but he doesn't do that. The Rock is a great entertainer no doubt, and made an impact in wrestling in the past, and if he won the championship again he would make an impact again, but this one being a bad hit. I have nothing against him, but he didn't earn this shot this time, over the past years he has wrestled a total of two matches, one being against Cena, the other a tag team match. The other times were just promos or he wasn't here at all. I want more then that from any WWE champion, hell even Big Show makes a better champion, at least he's there and loyal.
Rock is even shooting a movie right after the Royal Rumble (Hercules) up until right after Wrestlemania. I have a hard time seeing him have time for the RAW after the Rumble.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I honestly see Punk winning due to a Cena interference. Punk/Ryback most likely at Wrestlemania with Ryback going over - ending Punk's awesome reign - and being the new face of WWE, then we will have Cena/Rock part 2.

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
Personally, I'm hoping Punk retains at RR. I don't care who he eventually loses it to, (as long as it's someone on the actual roster) but The Rock as WWE champ simply makes no sense. Then again, it never made sense for the The Rock to beat Cena, either. Whatever happens, I'm sure it'll be disapointing.