Ideas for TNA's next game? (If there is one)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Reaction score
TNA's first game "TNA iMPACT!" was quite possibly one of the worst pro wrestling games ever released. Midway actually LOST money from it, and I think its safe to say the game was a complete failure from top to bottom. I'm not sure what the future holds for the series, but I would love to see a competent developer take control and actually make a decent TNA game. Competition is always good, and it would be nice to see a TNA game that could possibly challenge SVR and cause them to step up a little.

So with that said, do you guys have any ideas for TNA's next game (if a new one ever comes out)? I have a few ideas, some serious and some not :):

1. If you lose to Hulk Hogan 50 times, you unlock Bubba "The Love" Sponge

2. Morph Mike Tenay's face during the loading screen

3. Vince Russo's fantasy mode: Play through a 30 man gauntlet match, followed by a pole match, along with a post match pull apart brawl

4. Lockbox Challenge: Put that Lockbox challenge thing in the game, but the players get to choose the contents of the boxes.

5. Don West's retail corner: Find a way to sell $2,500 worth of merchandise to anyone in 15 minutes

Actual suggestions:

1. All the TNA signature gimmick matches (KOTM, Ultimate X, Lethal Lockdown, and more)

2. An ACTUAL CAREER MODE, and with TNA wrestlers, no bullshit CAWs or Suicide

3. Actual standard pro wrestling rules, meaning if its a normal match you get DQ'd for using weapons, etc. Also, put a ref in the ring so the matches look realistic.

4. Full entrances

5. Fix tag matches

6. Fix glitches

7. GM/Booker mode, set up cards/PPVs and run shows just like Russo does! (hehe)

Thoughts?

EDIT:
1. If you lose to Hulk Hogan 50 times, you unlock Bubba "The Love" Sponge

2. Morph Mike Tenay's face during the loading screen

3. Vince Russo's fantasy mode: Play through a 30 man gauntlet match, followed by a pole match, along with a post match pull apart brawl

4. Lockbox Challenge: Put that Lockbox challenge thing in the game, but the players get to choose the contents of the boxes.

5. Don West's retail corner: Find a way to sell $2,500 worth of merchandise to anyone in 15 minutes

Credit to my buddy Big D for those, I didn't make them up

www.blogtalkradio.com/superfriends

chessarmy

Reaction score
^ :laugh: I guess thats what happens when a RINKY DINK company makes a RINKY DINK game

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I have one suggestion..... Don't fucking suck.

Just clean up the presentation and add some matches that chessarmy mentioned earlier. Thankfully the SD vs Raw games aren't that good anymore they could atleast be able to complete with the WWE in something.

Reaction score
The ability to book the card, play out your scenarios, post it online and have fellow gamers critique it. Sort of a visual fantasy wrestling game.

"Perhaps YOU have what it takes to book TNA!" Yeah, a brain and some common sense.

In all seriousness, I'd like one wrestling game where you don't have to win to progress the story. In all of the wrestling games I've played, which really haven't been many, you have to win the match or play it again. It'd be nice if the direction of the story was determined by whether you won or lost a match.

Reaction score
You know what I liked from the awful WWF Attitude game? The ability to customize the arena, as limited as it was and pick between a house show and a large event. That was awesome and something that I'd like to see put into any wrestling game in North America as I understand it is standard in alot of the Fire Pro games.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Fix the pin. I felt like I was breaking the controller by rotating the joystick around. Stick to button mashing or try a God of War techinque, pressing certain buttons at the right time.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
Sell your soul to THQ. Look at WWE and UFC. They are quality games that can insterest both the casual gamer and the hardcore fan.

Kizza

Reaction score
When you do something for the first time, such as a wrestling game, I imagine it would be quite difficult. I don't think Midway ever created a wrestling game before. I thought it had a quite decent base to build upon. The X Division match was fun, I liked the ability to counter each move, and the graphics looked quite good. Obviously it had its flaws, but for a first up effort, it wasn't THAT bad.

DENNIN

Reaction score
hope THQ makes your game and makes it a carbon copy of SvR 2010

hndsmepete

Reaction score
You know what I liked from the awful WWF Attitude game? The ability to customize the arena, as limited as it was and pick between a house show and a large event. That was awesome and something that I'd like to see put into any wrestling game in North America as I understand it is standard in alot of the Fire Pro games.

Yeah, a lot of Fire Pro games do have a customizable arena, but its not deep. I have the one they released on PS2 in the US & you can customize the ring pretty good. There is options to create your own logos, which the SvR games stole from Fire Pro. I haven't played it in a long time, but I do remember that you can alter the colors of the ropes, apron, posts and mats & turnbuckles & pick the style of turnbuckles and mats (3 kinds) you want to use. You can even customize the referee. You can have Electrified Barbed Wire Deathmatches & Landmine Deathmatches w/ fluorescent tubes. With the Landmine matches you can select to have barbed wire or light tubes in the corners & when you leave the ring there is a good chance your character will step on a mine, inflicting heavy damage. The electric barbed wire matches also has the ability to set a timed bomb which damages everyone in the ring.

The best thing about Fire Pro Wresting Returns was the ability to have Dynamite Kid wrestle Fedor or AJ Styles wrestle Rampage Jackson or Andre the Giant. In the US version for legal reasons the wrestlers aren't listed as their real names, but they can be tweaked. Its a shame that its the final Fire Pro game, Spike has zero plans to make a new one & apparently they didn't even want to make this game, fan demand basically made it happen.

Reaction score
a non stop season mode like WWE Smackdown 1/2 on Ps 1 had, while wwe smackdown 1 had a ranking system for #1 contendership for championships

soulreaper545

Reaction score
Make it so you don't have to buy your moves - that was fucking annoying

Make it feel like a wrestling game not a fighting game

More match types - i'd love to see monster ball in there

More then one weapon

Actual entrances

A better story mode - either one that doesn't end or you can pick what characters you want to use

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Entrances.

Gimmick Matches.

More In-Depth Story Mode.

More detail to the iMPACT! Zone. I felt like it was so big, but nothing on there.

I never played the original, but from what I saw I def. wasn't impressed.