Idea for Raw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
What if Raw did from 8-10 PM Raw and 10-11 Raw Talk? 3 hours of Raw is painful, it has been for 9 years. Around 2012-2013 it was a little fun heck even during the New Brand Split in 2016-17 it was a little fun. But siiting 3 hours seeing boring storylines, bad acting, poorly planned out and booked matches. Corey Graves bullying Byron Saxton despite the bully campaign. I seriously think it would be more fun if they did this. What do they have to lose? They've been losing ratings in the third hour for a very long time

Redboy123@

Reaction score
That would make Raw alot more enjoyable to watch as what you are basically doing is having a 2 hour Raw. But unfortunately the 3rd hour will have a significant drop in ratings which will anger the USA network. They wouldn't be able to get as much money for advertisement slots. That is why Raw is 3 hours long after all.

It's a bad situation for WWE because they have to put on a 3 hour wrestling show every week and they just can't get out of it. They need to sell to another broadcaster or platform for them to go back to 2 hours.

For now they will just have to struggle. Or they could fund a way of making a 3 hour wrestling show a week entertaining. I dont know how they can. Maybe care about long term booking and characters. Give more matches time as well as having a more sports style presentation. Remember when AEW said they were going be a sports show but ended up being just as sports entertainment as WWE?

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I think Heyman might need to pull double duty or send Roman and him to Raw. I didn't really care for Raw in 2019, but I remember fans being happy when Heyman was helping Vince book. I'd say bring back that weird emo guy from Smackdown around 2016 as well who got fired for taking a selfie with The Elite. I thought he was a decent booker, I like AEW but I hate how the same people always win and whenever someone holds a title they forget to defend it. I don't mind long title reigns but it'd be nice if sometimes we saw a title change that wasn't Cody, Bucks or Olivier. Also lay off the fake blood WWE and AEW it looks BAD. Either do it the hard way or stop blood in wrestling

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I think Heyman might need to pull double duty or send Roman and him to Raw. I didn't really care for Raw in 2019, but I remember fans being happy when Heyman was helping Vince book. I'd say bring back that weird emo guy from Smackdown around 2016 as well who got fired for taking a selfie with The Elite. I thought he was a decent booker, I like AEW but I hate how the same people always win and whenever someone holds a title they forget to defend it. I don't mind long title reigns but it'd be nice if sometimes we saw a title change that wasn't Cody, Bucks or Olivier. Also lay off the fake blood WWE and AEW it looks BAD. Either do it the hard way or stop blood in wrestling
Heyman in charge of Raw was alright but still had some terribly boring episodes. But I have to say that era of Raw is a thousand times better then Raw in the last year.

Maybe give the reigns to someone completely different. Be unorthodox and unique

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
The problem is Vince always gives the book to a tv writer just to rewrite everything. Heyman from what I heard stood up to Vince a little more

• Wow
Reactions: Vampire Quinn

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
@Snowman
@Red Rain
@edge4ever
You Guys have any ideas?
who are...oh

i had this idea in another thread about 205 Live being from 8-9, just say nothing and move the cruiserweights to the first hour.
But I agree, it should help the burnout for the writers at least. writing 3 hours is clearly hard.
think I like that idea a little better because you could still call it raw, moving a talk show risks people tuning out and whatnot

still as a lapsed fan, it's so hard for me to want to watch again because... man, 3 hours, hell naw

Reactions: Vampire Quinn

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Get rid of overly scripted promos. Obviously the majority of the wrestlers need direction but promos will be slot better if the wrestlers had a bit more freedom.

Get rid of generic cliche wrestling tropes. You know the ones. We have seen them before countless times.

Reserve big matches for ppvs or at the very least make them the main event. Lahley vs Strowman and Ripley vs Asuka should feel like a big deal.

Change the overall presentation. It looks too glossy and electronic. Thunder dome looks awful.

Give matches more time. Gulak vs Garza should go on for 20 minutes. Same with Sheamus Carillo Benjamin and Cedric. Give these mid careers more time.

More sport analysis. Make it so im watching a legit sport with insight from commentary and statistics. Like AEW was meant to be but didn't do cuz they are spineless.

Hire back Samoa Joe

Most importantly, focus on telling good stories and building up strong characters. I don't get how the writers could be fatigued. Work with the wrestlers to flesh out characters and then the stories should come easy.

Reactions: Crash

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio