I understand they're trying to make Sin Cara out to be a big deal, but the dim lights

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Re: I understand they're trying to make Sin Cara out to be a big deal, but the dim li

^They've ALWAYS dimmed the lights for the audience, and brighten the light to the ring...

...this is a case of dimming EVERYTHING and adding funky ass fucking colors to the ring lights...

Kaedon

Reaction score
Re: I understand they're trying to make Sin Cara out to be a big deal, but the dim li

No, they didnt always dim the lights for the crowd, that practice stopped a while ago, and the Sin Cara and Kane type treatments are a modern version of that.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

No, they didnt always dim the lights for the crowd, that practice stopped a while ago, and the Sin Cara and Kane type treatments are a modern version of that.

Have you ever been to a live event? Like a Monday Night Raw? SmackDown? PPV?

Kaedon

Reaction score

i can see the crowd on TV, in the case I just showed you, on tv, and in the case of a sin cara match or a Kane/orton promo, the crowd was dimmed and the ring was emphasized. That doesn't happen on TV unless it's for dramatic effect because long ago it was seen as archaic and guys like Vince wanted to take a "wrestling show" and turn it on its heels.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

^Have you ever been to a Raw, SmackDown, or PPV?

Kaedon

Reaction score

yes

Kaedon

Reaction score

and they dont TURN OUT THE LIGHTS ON THE CROWD!!

monkeystyle

Reaction score

i can see the crowd on TV, in the case I just showed you, on tv, and in the case of a sin cara match or a Kane/orton promo, the crowd was dimmed and the ring was emphasized. That doesn't happen on TV unless it's for dramatic effect because long ago it was seen as archaic and guys like Vince wanted to take a "wrestling show" and turn it on its heels.

Fair enough.

For the record I don't think it discredits his opponents, I just think it looks stupid tbh.

Rell

Reaction score

I say discredits because....I don't know...its hard to explain

like...

watching his match with DB on Smackdown, it was soooo obvious he was gonna win. I mean, it was HIS match. He had his little special lighting effects and all.

its like they're saying FUCK HIS OPPONENT, WATCH SIN CARA!!! THE SPOTLIGHT IS ON HIM!!

Again, there's nothing wrong with that. He's one of the E's brightest new faces, why wouldn't they go above and beyond to get him over? I just personally don't like it. I feel its too blatant. My question is, if he wrestles in a title match, will they still dim the lights?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

Kaedon, they DO dim the lights on the crowd... not shut 'em off, but they dim them. This is a case of DARKENING the crowd and DIMMING THE RING and giving Sin Cara his color lights on the ring.

monkeystyle

Reaction score

I say discredits because....I don't know...its hard to explain

like...

watching his match with DB on Smackdown, it was soooo obvious he was gonna win. I mean, it was HIS match. He had his little special lighting effects and all.

its like they're saying FUCK HIS OPPONENT, WATCH SIN CARA!!! THE SPOTLIGHT IS ON HIM!!

Alright, I can see that, it is true. They are effectively telegraphing who is going to win the match and what little sense of mystery there is is tossed out the window.

Again, there's nothing wrong with that. He's one of the E's brightest new faces, why wouldn't they go above and beyond to get him over? I just personally don't like it. I feel its too blatant. My question is, if he wrestles in a title match, will they still dim the lights?

I don't like it either and it's one of those things that's going to make me hate watching his matches if they keep going like that.

Kaedon

Reaction score

I can still see the crowd both on TV, and the crowd is VISIBLY LIGHTENED from the crowd perspective as well. I can a fan picking his nose clear across the arena at a Smackdown or a Raw. They do not dim the lights like you're saying, and if they do, show me.

Kaedon

Reaction score

And I don't see it as "telegraphing" as long as they have him lose while they have this lighting treatment because after that, all bets are off.

ahorrig

Reaction score

Honestly, i dont mind it. I dont care if its on or off. No big deal, doesnt change the entire match. But i do think it will phase out.

Airfixx

Reaction score

Sin Cara is trying to be built up...

...Yet already getting nice chants from the crowds thus suggesting he's getting nicely over given he's has, waht, three matches on TV thus far...

All my point really is is that I thought it was cool as hell when they did it with Kane and the arenas in some of those matches were left really dark, whilst with Sin Cara does less to obscure what is going on in the ring.

I do however agree though, that if they're gonna do this is would be better to bring the opponent out first under normal lighting, both for impact of Sin Cara's entrance and the percieved importance of said opponent.