• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

I Like...

phantomgerald

RVD's contract

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Rob Van Dam's contract with WWE is set to expire this summer. However, RVD had until the end of last week to give his notice to avoid the contract being automatically rolled over. Apparently, the belief is that RVD did the clean job to Hardcore Holly last week on ECW television because he had given notice. Of course, RVD did the J-O-B last night for Elijah Burke.

interesting. rvd is definately coming to tna.

xtremebadass

I have heard about this for awhile, RVD would be an instant legend in TNA

phantomgerald

yeah. what i want to know though is as these are the last months, what are wwe going to do with him. make him job? throw him in a storyline or leave him in the cold for the few remaining months. the way i see it, if they try to make him job when there is like one month left, tna should buy out his contract and screw the wwe's plans

Soulpower

RVD will probably be jobbed in order to elevate the younger talent... There's nothing wrong with that and its a staple in the wrestling business. If you're leaving for th competition the least you can do is give the rub to some up and comers.... Jobbing to Holly though was just dumb.

MJ807

Ever sinceI joined IWF including the old one there has been talk of RVD going to TNA. I finally think that RVD will be joining the TNa roster where he will win the NWA title lose it turn heel win it again and make a tag team with another ex wwe star.

monkeystyle

First off this isn't definite as there is no definite proof yet.

Second this is how I'd do it. Have Van Dam come in pissed off, and wanting to make a huge splash in TNA, but he's held down for like a year. Basically they play the storyline as he's a guy the management just doesn't like, and the fans will take it from there.

After the year when he wins his first title if built up properly, it could be a big angle for TNA.

phantomgerald

if they going to make him job, tna should just pay half of his contract and rvd pay out the other half and that would piss vince off

xtremebadass

yea, come to think of it, this doesnt belong here really, he is not in TNA

oneofakind

First off this isn't definite as there is no definite proof yet.

Second this is how I'd do it. Have Van Dam come in pissed off, and wanting to make a huge splash in TNA, but he's held down for like a year. Basically they play the storyline as he's a guy the management just doesn't like, and the fans will take it from there.

After the year when he wins his first title if built up properly, it could be a big angle for TNA.

So basically he would play the same role in TNA as he does in WWE? cause thats how it is right now.

and why doesnt it belong here, its talk about tna

monkeystyle

So basically he would play the same role in TNA as he does in WWE? cause thats how it is right now.

and why doesnt it belong here, its talk about tna

More or less, but in the end in this case, he actually gets his "run".

Unless of course he gets busted again.

xtremebadass

Well, he is in WWE and it's not really official that he is in TNA, he has a WWE contract that's coming up soon, technically it has nothing to do with TNA. The title is misleading it's about RVD's WWE contract, if it would have been like the old thread like "RVD to TNA?" it would have been more understandable, it's just the title, sorry if you and I took it the wrong way

oneofakind

even though i hate to say it he does need to go to TNA because hes just gonna be that guy that management doesnt like but the fans love him, and they only keep him around for that reason.

phantomgerald

yeah he will be way over with the fans. and i apologise if this was in the wrong section