I hope we aren't looked down upon if we discuss about this

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CMS

Reaction score
TNA is trying to bring in ECW Original Jerry Lynn for the Hard Justice pay-per-view. The company wants Lynn to face Rob Van Dam

in the main event. Lynn and Van Dam had several great matches in the original ECW

Source: Wrestling Observer

Ok, this does sound like BS as TNA looks to be building for Abyss vs RVD, but reading the spoilers and what TNA is going to be doing at Hard Justice, wouldn't be surprised if they do this. I'll go out and say I find it incredibly stupid that TNA
will basically turn Hard Justice into One Night Stand III and make it an ECW Nostalgia night, completely breaking the flow of their storylines.

Kizza

Reaction score
I don't mind Lynn, but this has been done to death.

Double J

Reaction score
*taps on mic*
This thing on? Hello...TNA? Can you hear me?
OK good...
YOU HAVE ENOUGH FUCKING WRESTLERS!!! Stop bringing in old guys to rehash storylines that have already been done! Yes Lynn and RVD had great matches back in the day but there's really no way to remake those matches move the fuck on and use the younger guys you have!!

Son of a bitch for every step forward TNA takes the realize they are doing something right so have to take 10 steps back so to not mess up their reputation.

Reaction score
Even at 41, Lynn could still drag a great match out of that sack of potatoes called Rob Van Damm. Lynn is twice the worker RVD ever was and if he had an inkling of charisma he would have been huge. But seriously, at this point in their careers, it would be insulting to ask Lynn to drag RVD to a good match.

Incidentally, Lynn was the champ at t local indy I used to frequent back home, really awesome indy btw, and he had nothing good to say about TNA. Good fucking guy, class act and good worker to boot. It just ate me up hearing all the RoH fanboys hate on him as champ,I just hated the storyline. Jerry "the Ram" Lynn. He still tore it down with some guys that aren't even in his league.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I'm far from a ROHbot but Lynn as Champ sucked, even after the storyline. He needed a break at that time and he's just not a Main Event level guy past the smaller Indy level. If done right though, Lynn could be apart of an X-Division rebuttal, and could bring it back to what it used to be.

But that's where the inherent problem lies in TNA, they could bring in Jerry Lynn, Batista, Goldberg, John Cena, Kenta Kobashi, Mistico, Rey Mysterio Jr., Lance Cade, Hallowicked, BxB Hulk, Davey Richards, Kenny Omega, Excalibur, Bryan Danielson, LeBron James, Glacier, Ed "The Strangler" Lewis's great grandson, Tim Tebow, Some asshole from Jersey Shore and Myself, and it wouldn't matter because last time I checked, their booking philosophy hasn't changed. And Vince Russo would find a way to make it to where nobody gives a crap about any of them, because the stories are terrible and the matches are made irrelevant by backwards ass booking, from people who have ZERO respect of the art of pro wrestling.

Montana

Reaction score
His run with the ROH belt, wasn't that bad, but def one of the worst ROH champs in history. Had a couple good defenses, but luckily he wasn't champ for long.

As far as RVD vs. Jerry Lynn. It's a fun idea, but not for a PPV main event. Maybe like Jerry Lynn pops up on Impact and challenges him on TV. That sounds good enough for me.

Reaction score
You don't need to bring in Lynn just because he's ECW and could have a great match with RVD. He may still be a good wrestler, but his time is done. You've made your point TNA, it's an ECW takeover. Keep it ECW vs TNA. I could understand that maybe he needs money but really you don't need him.

Reaction score
^^^He was making wayyyy more money on the indies than in TNA. Everyone who has never been under WWE contract was making more in the indies than in TNA. That's a reason Punk and Danielson quit, why Paul London never bothered with them. TNA doesn't pay well because they don't have alot of money, Spike, on the other hand, does and they pay well, but only to those they've heard of.

Reaction score
TNA is so fucking stupid, seriously. All they rely on is star power and old storylines/ feuds. They really need to come up with something original. Bunch of idiots.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I hear the guy can still put on good matches for his age. Still with that being said, they are building toward Abyss vs RVD. So I don't see them ditching Abyss (who's the golden boy right now) for a one night title match with Lynn.

I'm far from a ROHbot but Lynn as Champ sucked, even after the storyline. He needed a break at that time and he's just not a Main Event level guy past the smaller Indy level. If done right though, Lynn could be apart of an X-Division rebuttal, and could bring it back to what it used to be.

But that's where the inherent problem lies in TNA, they could bring in Jerry Lynn, Batista, Goldberg, John Cena, Kenta Kobashi, Mistico, Rey Mysterio Jr., Lance Cade, Hallowicked, BxB Hulk, Davey Richards, Kenny Omega, Excalibur, Bryan Danielson, LeBron James, Glacier, Ed "The Strangler" Lewis's great grandson, Tim Tebow, Some asshole from Jersey Shore and Myself, and it wouldn't matter because last time I checked, their booking philosophy hasn't changed. And Vince Russo would find a way to make it to where nobody gives a crap about any of them, because the stories are terrible and the matches are made irrelevant by backwards ass booking, from people who have ZERO respect of the art of pro wrestling.

Touche.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Can't wait for Sting vs Flair @ BFG!

...Also, just a thought: Hogan vs Iron Sheik anyone? ...Sure if you waved the right amount of cash at Sheiky-Baby he'd step between the ropes again.

Reaction score
Can't wait for Sting vs Flair @ BFG!

...Also, just a thought: Hogan vs Iron Sheik anyone? ...Sure if you waved the right amount of cash at Sheiky-Baby he'd step between the ropes again.

To pay Sheiky all they'd need is some "marijwana and cohcane" and Hardy and RVD will be on the card...