I hate Anderson Silva!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

nation

Reaction score
He clowned around during the fight avoiding fighting during the last few rounds and taunted Maia.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
lol, who cares what language he speaks? I sure as hell don't. I watch it for the fighting, I don't give a fuck what they say. If he is proud of where he comes from, who cares, just watch him for the fights, which is what his purpose is.

Man, people get upset over such small things.

That, plus his perfomance against Maia shows his lack of respect towards the organisation, and towards the fans. He's a douchebag who thinks he's got all of the UFC fans at the palm of his hands, and it's people like you who support horrible attitudes that give UFC the bad rep.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Here is something you guys might like, UFC 113's fighters discuss Anderson Silva's showboating...

NoDQ.com > UFC > UFC 113 fighters talk about Silva situation
Posted by Danny Seven on 04/28/2010 at 01:41 AM

Thanks to FightLine.com for the following:

Earlier this afternoon the four fighters that will be headlining UFC 113 (Lyoto Machida, Mauricio Rua, Josh Koscheck and Paul Daley) participated in a conference call where they fielded questions about their upcoming fights with each other and a variety of other topics. One of the questions that they were asked was how they felt about Anderson Silva's showboating at UFC 112 and if they felt it was more important to win a fight or to entertain the fans. The four men had interesting things to say in response.

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua: "Actually, I think as a fighter you have to step in the cage and think about winning the fight in the first place. What [Anderson] did in his fight against Demian Maia is not really something I can judge because I'm not one to judge other people's actions. This is something that only him and his team can comment because they know what they trained for. But one thing that I know is that our job as fighters is not easy. It's not easy to train everyday and to go inside the cage and fight so all fighters deserve respect regardless of any kind of situations. In my opinion they should go in there and try to win the fight in the first place; that should be the main goal for every fighter."

Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida: "I believe the main priority for a fighter is to go in there and win the fight and fight well. And I think that if you go in there and fight well and win the fight, I think it's going to be entertaining. So I think the main priority of a fighter is to go in there and fight to win."

Machida answered a later question about his teammate Anderson's showboating style and whether or not he would ever adopt those kind of antics.

"I find it to be very difficult for me to act like that inside the ring," said Machida. "I mean, everybody's different. I think Anderson has a little bit more of that style; he feels a little bit more at ease inside the ring, he likes to play around. It's just more of his style. Everyone has their own style. I have a different style when I'm fighting so I don't think I'll ever have those types of situations happen to me."

Josh Koscheck: "I didn't get to see the fight to be honest with you. I would like to see guys go in there and try to finish the fight if they have the opportunity. I did get to see the Urijah Faber and [Jose] Aldo fight and I just think that your job is to go in there and win the fight and dominate the fight if you can. If you have that opportunity to finish the guy then you finish the guy. That's just how I've always fought and that's my opinion of Mixed Martial Arts. You know, we go in there to end the fight."

Paul "Semtex" Daley: "I think that entertaining the crowd is a very important part of it. ...I think fights have to continue to be entertaining to attract more fans. I think Anderson was so comfortable being in there and knew he was a level greater than Maia that it was just a bit of fun for him, to be honest with you. I think that shows the level of confidence he has in his skills and stuff. It probably wasn't ideal for the first UFC show out there but to each their own."

UFC 113 will take place May 8th at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and will feature the much-anticipated rematch between "Shogun" and Machida, Koscheck and Daley will square off in the co-main event of the evening.