I Don't Want To Miss A Thing.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Viva!

Reaction score
I just got back from my Summer holidays and I've missed everything that has happened in the world of WWE since One Night Stand. I was hoping you guys could briefly fill me in without me having to trawl through pages and pages of the WWE section.

So.. the last things I remember were the blatant, 'camera obscuring the crashmat/Jeff Hardy swanton bomb on Umaga' anywhere falls match, Big Show embracing some steel steps and Edge 'ending the career for at least 5 minutes' of the Deadman.

This isn't just me being lazy. I've missed out on a quarter of a year of story lines and that isn't easy to just pick back up. I'm not asking for detailed reports just a brief rundown. Thanks in advance guys.

MikeRaw

Ok, well....

The draft was right after. And for that, HHH, Kennedy, Umaga, Jeff Hardy, Big Show and Carlito are soem of the big names that went to SD...
ECW got Matt Hardy, and Mark henry...
Raw got the jackpot with CM Punk, Rey Mysterio, Batista, Kane and Kofi Kingston...

So that should keep you up to date on the rosters...
Injuries are alot now:
Kennedy and Umaga are injured on SD, and out for months.
Orton is still out on Raw, he got in a motorcycle accident, and reinjured it, for real. And Cena is now out for a year with a neck problem.

Now, as for storylines... ECW, I'm not sure, cause I don't watch, but basically, they are bringing in alot of new guys, and letting young guys wrestle... The current ECW champ is Mark Henry, and he's feuding with Matt Hardy...

On SD, there's a few big things...

Brian Kendrick has become a top heel on there, and gone to a cocky, prick gimmick with a body guard named Zeke (he's black), and he's now facing HHH for the title at Unforgiven...
HHH had a feud with Khali, which lasted until Summerslam, and now, following that, there is a match for Unforgiven, with 5 guys in a 20 minute match, and whoever is the winner at the end (there's other pinfalls during the match) will be the champ. The conpetitors are HHH, Hardy, MVP, Shelton Benjamin and THE Brian Kendrick...

The biggest thing on SD is this... After Taker was retired, Edge and Vickie planned to get married. However, Edge was caught cheating on Vickie with the wedding planner and they broke up. Weeks later, Vickie announced she was bringing back the Undertaker, to get revenge on Edgem,, and they would fight at Summerslam in Hell In A Cell... Before HIAC, Edge went back to his ways of 2005/2006, where he was "Rated R"... He was having affairs witht he wedding planner, and more importantly, back to being extreme and viscious. At Summerslam Edge and Taker had an amazing HIAC, which ended with Taker winning, and chokeslamming Edge through the ring... edge hasn't been seen since...

On Raw, it's been crazy. After Regal was fired, we saw chaos. One week, Edge came out to make fun of Raw for not having a world title, and saying SD was better... Batista came out, beat him down, and Punk cashed in MITB, and won the WHC... Since then, Punk has been the underdog, fighting everyone off, and pcking up soem wins... he defended his title, and won, against JBL at Summerslam...

Someother things....
Regal was rehired as a wrestler.
Kofi Kingston won the IC belt.
Lance Cade is teaming up with Chris Jericho.
Santino and Beth Phoenix are together now...

Now, ti was chaos on Raw (in a good way) for monnths, and you missed tons of good shows, over a few months, with a very attitude era feel.
But that ended when finally, 2 weeks ago, they named a new GM... Mike Adamle... He has now been a tweener, and made some matched for Unforgiven...

Other big storylines are...

For months, Kane was carrying around a bag, and then he snapped, and attacked rrandom people, asking "Is he alive or dead"... For weeks, he continued heel, and attacked people like crazy, until finally Adamle made him reveal what was in his bagIt was Rey Mysterio's mask (who hadn't been seen in weeks) Now Kane says Rey is almost dead, and barely alive, after being tortured by him, and Kane is still a monster.

Batista and Cena had a dream match at Summerslam. Batista won, and it was bvery good. That led to Cena's nck injury...

And finally, the Y2J/HBK rthing is nuts... They shoed hints of Y2J turning heel for a while, after he accused HBK of cheating. But after a few promos together, Y2J got pissed of people cheering HBK no matter what, and turned heel, by attacking Shawn. They had a match, and Y2J injured HBK's eye... For weeks after, Y2J would ghave INCREDIBLE promo's as a heel, saying he is no longer Y2J, and he isn't a joker anmore, and he is pissed off. Then, HBK wanted revenge, and tried to attack Jericho, but reinjured his eye. Then, for weeks, HBK sold the injury by not showing up, while Jericho continued ith his great promos. At summerslam, HBK arrived to announce retirement, but Jericho came out, and asked Shawn to admit that it was Jerichos fault he was retiring... Shawn did, and then Jericho tried to punch him, but knocked out HBK's wife when Shawnducked... they now had a great promo, and Shawn and Jericho will have an unsanctioned fight at Unforgiven... it's been a great feud, the best in years...

Hope that caught you up:)

Viva!

Reaction score
Thankyou. That was really well written and very informative. Seems like I missed a lot of big things whilst I was gone. I guess I'll have to pick up the Summerslam DVD, it sounded like it was really something.

Way too much for me to comment on but from what you've written it sounds like the companies going in a good direction right now.

MikeRaw

No problem, dude. Yes, it's got some good stuff going. It will have some stuff you don't liek every once in a while, but that's expected, but overall, it's improving greatly. the best part is they are pushing young guys.... Punk with the WHC, Kofi with the IC, Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes as Tag Team Champions (forgot to mention that), and a few others, s they arereally trying to push new guys, along with the good storylines by the bigger name guys...

Beer

Night of Champions
Mizorrison def. Finlay and Hornswoggle to retain the WWE Tag Team Champioships. Bit of a out of the blue match. Just made to give a match to Mizorrison. Comedy match more than anything.

Matt Hardy def. Chavo Geurrero to retain the Unted States Championship. Another out of the blue match so they actually could have a United States Championship Match. Ok match i suppose. Hardy is on ECW and so is Chavo.

Mark Henry def. Kane and Big Show to win the ECW Championship. Kane went to Raw and Show went to Smackdown so with Henry on ECW he kinda needed to win. Henry just managed to win after being outta th match for awhile.

Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes def. Hardcore holly to win the World Tag Team Championships. Ted said his partner was on his way. Rhodes turned on Holly and helped Dibiase win. Meh match. Atleast it made Rhodes worth something.

Kofi Kingston def. Chris Jericho to win the Intercontinetal Championship. Surprise opponent. Michaels interfered and helped Kofi get the win. Kofi is on Raw and Shawn has hurt his eye.

Mickie James def. Katie Lee burchill to retain the Womens championship. Once again a Match with no REAL build-up. Paul Burchill and Mr. Kennedy feud going on aswell.

Edge def. Batista to retain the World championship. Nice match, Edge won with interference from La familia. Batista now on Raw.

Triple HHH retained against Cena another nice match. Triple HHH now on Smackdown.

As a result of the matches at the event, the ECW Championship was once again made ECW exclusive. The WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship remained on the SmackDown! brand, leaving Raw without a top-tier championship belt. However, the following night, on the June 30, 2008 edition of Raw, CM Punk cashed in his Money in the Bank contract, defeating Edge to capture the World Heavyweight Championship, making the title Raw exclusive. Kingston would also successfully defend the Intercontinental title against Jericho in a rematch on the same Raw

The Great American Bash
The first match of the card was a Fatal Four-Way match for the WWE Tag Team Championship featuring Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder versus John Morrison and The Miz versus Jesse and Festus versus Finlay and Hornswoggle. As the bell rang, Festus cleared the ring until The Miz and Morrison tossed Hornswoggle in the ring. The Miz and Morrison then jumped onto the ring apron, but Festus knocked them off. Hornswoggle dove out of the ring through the top and middle ropes to land atop of The Miz and Morrison. Throughout the match, the eight wrestlers would attempt to make physical contact with their respective partners to get themselves tagged into the match.

The next match was a singles match for the WWE United States Championship. Matt Hardy faced Shelton Benjamin and was pinned after being hit with the Paydirt, thus being booked to win his first title in years.

The next match was a singles match for the ECW Championship. Mark Henry with Tony Atlas retained the titled against Tommy Dreamer with Colin Delaney. Tommy Dreamer was on the turnbuckle about to finish Henry off but Delaney turned on him and pulled him into the top rope. Mark Henry then hit the World's Strongest Slam to get the win.

The next match was a singles match. The participants were Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho. The match started and already Michaels suffered kayfabe cracked ribs and internal bleeding. However, during the match Jericho hit a wild elbow to Shawn Michaels right eye which was injured months before by Jericho. Shawn was bleeding for the remainder of the match. Lance Cade also interfered and hit many cheap shots on Shawn while the referee's back was turned. After Jericho hit many shots on Michaels face the referee deemed Shawn Michaels unable to continue therefore the winner was Chris Jericho.

The next match scheduled was a diva's match to determine the first ever WWE Divas Champion. The participants were Michelle McCool and Natalya. McCool forced Natalya to tap with a Brazilian Heel Lock.

The next match was for the World Heayvweight Championship. The champion CM Punk faced Batista in a match. Each man continually built momentum on different occasions. Batista managed to hit a spinebuster while on the outside of the ring. As he pushed Punk back into the ring Kane interfered by attacking both Batista and Punk whiched ended the match. This meant that Punk retained the World Heavyweight Championship via disqualification.

The next match was a New York City Parking Lot Brawl. The contestants were John Cena and John "Bradshaw" Layfield (JBL). They both performed extreme moves including Cena using JBL's body to smash a car door off its hinges. In a moment of extreme passion, JBL actually set fire to a car with Cena inside. John Cena destroyed a car with JBL in it with a forklift. But finally Cena was about to hit an FU but JBL countered and pushed Cena into a window and it cut all of Cena's arm. This was enough to win the match.

The final match was for the WWE Championship. Triple H fought Edge for the title. Both men were dominating at different times of the match. However, near the end of the match Alicia Fox tried to give Edge the WWE Championship belt so he could use it as a weapon. However, Vickie Guerrero started brawling with Fox. Edge accidentally speared Guerrero while they were doing so in an attempt to hit the referee to delay the match. This distraction allowed Triple H to hit a Pedigree to retain.

Summerslam
The first match to be aired was between Jeff Hardy and Montel Vontavious Porter (MVP). Some of the highlights of the match included MVP delivering a belly to belly suplex to Hardy who landed hard on the turnbuckle and later, MVP kicked Hardy across the ring as the latter tried to deliver his rope-aided corner dropkick. The match involved series of counters and submission holds. Near the end, after delivering the Whisper in the Wind, when Hardy tried to hit the Swanton Bomb on MVP, Shelton Benjamin came down the entrance ramp to the ring, but Hardy took him out. In the ring, Hardy missed his Swanton Bomb, and MVP quickly kicked Hardy in the face and pinned him to win the match.

The second match of the evening was a "Winners Take All" mixed tag team match with the Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston and the WWE Women's Champion Mickie James putting their titles on the line against Santino Marella and Beth Phoenix. The match started with James and Phoenix, who countered each other's moves for sometime. Later, they both tagged in their male partners, who continued the match. In the end, Marella tossed Kingston over the top rope and then suffered from a standing Tornado DDT from James. This allowed Phoenix to capitalise and she delivered the Glam Slam to James and pinned her to win herself the WWE Women's Championship and Santino the Intercontinental Championship.

The pay-per-view continued with Shawn Michaels coming out to the ring with his wife Rebecca to announce that after consulting his doctors and his family, he had decided to (kayfabe) "retire" from professional wresting due to all the injuries he had suffered throughout his career. Chris Jericho interrupted Michaels' address, came down to the ring and asked him to say that he was quitting WWE because of what Jericho did to him. In retaliation, Michaels insulted Jericho, calling him a "vile and selfish human being", and said that he should go home and tell his family that "he (Jericho) will never ever be Shawn Michaels". As Michaels and Rebecca were about to leave the ring, Jericho stopped Michaels and proceeded to punch him, but he ducked and Jericho accidently nailed Rebecca in the face. Jericho left the ring, as Michaels and WWE medical trainers attended Rebecca, who appeared to have a legitimate swollen lip.

The third match was between Mark Henry and Matt Hardy for the ECW Championship. Early on in the match, Hardy delivered a Twist of Fate to Henry and covered him for a pinfall attempt, but Henry's manager Tony Atlas pulled Hardy out of the ring and assaulted him. This forced the referee to call for a disqualification with Hardy as the winner of the match, but as titles don't change hands on disqualification or countout, Henry retained the ECW title. As Atlas was assaulting Matt outside, Jeff Hardy came down to his brother's aid and delivered a Swanton Bomb to Atlas from the ring apron on the outside. Later, The Hardys performed a double suplex on Henry outside the ring.

The fourth match of the evening was Punk vs JBL for the World Heavyweight Championship. JBL won a match with Punk from new GM Mike Adamle (DW he is quite good) Punk got his secong clean title defeance in this match and did pretty well.

The fifth match was Triple HHH facing The Great Khali for the WWE Championship. Triple HHH was owned for most of the match and the pulled it out of the bag in the end. Khali won placement into the atch after winning a 6 Man Battle Royal. Awful match in my eyes.

The sixth match was an amazing match between Batista and Cena. Adamle made the dream match and what a match it was. Batista got the win after Two Batista Bombs. The feud started with Cena accidently hit Batista in the face and it moved on from their. Oh and btw Rey Rey is oart of the Raw Roster and he only made one appearence. We then find out that Kane was talking about Rey and he had his mask in a bag he was carrying around.

The final match was a HIAT between Taker and Edge. During Edge and Triple H's match for the WWE Championship at The Great American Bash, both Guerrero and Fox would interfere, in the process distracting Edge and giving Triple H the opportunity to retain his title. Despite an apology from Edge on the July 25 episode of SmackDown, Guerrero announced that she had reinstated The Undertaker and announced that he would face Edge at SummerSlam in a Hell in a Cell match. Taker killed Edge in a Hell of a match. He chokeslammed him off a Ladder through the canvas and then set it alight. ZOMG!!!

Hope that helped

Edit: Damn!!! Mike Raw got their before me. Did not see your posts man. Anyhoo tat took me a fuck load of time so you betta rep!!!

Viva!

Reaction score
Thats a really good breakdown of the PPV's. Its really thorough and it complimented the back stories that MikeRaw gave. Thanks a lot man.

Beer

No problem dude. But it took a very long time. Can't beleive that Mike Raw posted before me. *Sigh*

Reaction score
I just got back from my Summer holidays and I've missed everything that has happened in the world of WWE since One Night Stand. I was hoping you guys could briefly fill me in without me having to trawl through pages and pages of the WWE section.

Not much changes in WWHHH. Jericho and HBK is great and then...nada.