I CALLED IT!!!!!!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

maty619

Reaction score
I don't think it was a work, I think Bryan was legitimately fired, I am not being a smark that won't admit I got worked I just think that if it was a work Bryan would have returned long before Summerslam. I also don't think Bryan would have been allowed to compete in the Indys if he was still under a WWE contract, which he must have been if it was a work, although it isn't televised he is still advertising another promotion, perhaps he is the reason some fans went to watch an indy rather than go to a Smackdown taping or a Raw showing or a house show, that is losing WWE money. I also am not sure whether it is legal for him to be under two contracts at one time but I dunno.

I have to say I did not expect this atall I thought that Cena would anounce someone boring like Evan Bourne or Mark Henry (although I wouldn't have minded seeing Bourne) but no it was someone interesting which I liked, it was someone unexpected which gave the whole match a sense of excitement. I look forward to seeing the inevitable Daniel Bryan/The Miz feud for the US Title.

...god...

Reaction score
Agreed with Enzo, the storyline was perfect and came around full-circle. I already listed my only objections as the feud with him/Miz shoulda been brought up more, their past, how Danielson knocked him out, etc. and simply been more notable. And of course, the entire FUCKING MATCH'S FOCUS ended up being all about Cena just like the past 5 years.

They fired him to save face with the fullest intention of rehiring him after the appropriate period of time. That's all.
Also kinda agree with this and this is the way I viewed it. I don't see the WWE actually doing this to fuck with smarks, but I'm sure it was a nice benefit, but the wrestlers took it upon themselves to do the former.

Reaction score
He may have had been "legitimately" fired if you want to say that. But here's the thing, he had no bookings scheduled past last weekend, didn't break any commitments for this past weekend, it shows he knew when he was coming back fairly well in advanced. That means it was a worked firing, even if they "fired" him to save face. They told him to take an indy vacation, stir some shit up, we'll keep you on the tips of Cena and Orton's tongues, you'll comeback at SummerSlam, so keep your schedule open and you'll get a fat PPV bonus check. Sounds as worked as worked gets.

chessarmy

Reaction score
I still don't think it was a work, he was fired from the company on good terms so they brought him back once the PR crap died down. You can't just work all the wrestlers like that, especially all the investors and stuff, this isn't WCW.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Everyone was in on it, though. They had that stupid PETA memo released how they sounded like a total mark about how "you should rehire Daniel Bryan because he is a vegan, and give him a push!". A multi million dollar corporation wouldn't release a statement that stupid unless they were asked to do so and given a hefty donation from WWE Corp. John Cena never bad mouths the company, but he was pushing for Daniel Bryan to be rehired on his twitter account? C'mon. The writing was on the wall that this was a total work, and it was pulled off masterfully.

Unfortunately we'll never get a REAL answer from anybody as to whether or not Daniel Bryan was legitimately fired and just happened to be brought back for the storyline.

Double J

Reaction score
Take this for what you will...
Source: PWInsider
-- The decision to bring Daniel Bryan back for SummerSlam was made a few days ago. While some people within the company suspected that he might be brought back at the final member of Team WWE, his presence in Los Angeles was kept a secret until just before SummerSlam went on the air.

-- The talk backstage last night is that Bryan will get a United States Title shot against The Miz at Night of Champions next month.

Personally I don't think it was a full work. I agree with the others that they fired him but had intentions to hire him back eventually. Honestly I think they had originally planned to bring back HHH as the last member but then he ran into more complications with his injury. Danielson still has a few indy shows he is set for. I think if it were a work he wouldn't have signed deals to appear at those after Summerslam. Like it's already been said I doubt we'll ever know the truth but I think WWE's plans kept changing and this is what turned up.

Double J

Reaction score
Just to correct my last post;

- Bryan Danielson will not be making his scheduled independent appearance on September 18th for MWF in New England. He also is out of the September 28th appearance for the NYWC in Long Island, NY. Both promotions have announced that Danielson has been pulled due to his WWE commitments. It is believed that Danielson was making in the area of $1,500 per appearance for his independent appearances.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
$1500 per appearance is pretty decent for the indies, the highest amounts ive ever heard of were $500,000 this one summerslam for Undertaker and $20,000,000 for Floyd Mayweather to fight Big show

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I know I have said some negative things about Bryan in the past, and I stand by my IWC overrated comments, but he is starting to interest me, The Miz/Riley/Tarver attacking him after the match not only could have set up a Bryan/Miz US title feud but imo it could have also started a Miz as leader of Nexus swerve as well. And that is all I wanted from Bryan, it all started with his "Anti WWE promos" on NXT and even with the return at Summer Slam (Which what I did see from him was pretty damn impressive), it looks like I may.. Or likely was wrong about Bryan, and I am man enough to admit it.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
people are saying miz is the guy who is in charge of them because he hasn't been attacked... neither has santino, ted dibiase, kozlov, the usos, or goldust, hell.. randy orton hasn't been attacked by them either...even though i'd doubt any of them would be in charge of nexus, except maybe dibiase

Double J

Reaction score
Not sure why they need a leader that's not Barret. Looking at WWE's track record with factions, if Nexus gets a 'leader' that is an already established WWE wrestler then the group will just be overshadowed by that person. If The Miz is said to be behind it all then all the Nexus promos will be held by the Miz. Hell when it all comes down to it it will be like Team WWE and Cena. Superman was the last one standing and really the match focused on him.

As it is right now it's clear that Wade Barret is the leader of the group and yet every member still gets time on the mic and in matches. They're better off going this route and build up 4 or 5 wrestlers to hang on to after the nexus angle is over with instead of just using this as an easy way to push an already established wrestler.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Agreed. Nexus does not need some established heel to be brought in as the mastermind behind Nexus. They need to be their own group and feed off their own heat and reputation. Otherwise it's just gonna be another Straight Edge Society/Legacy situation where the established star eventually overshadows his groupies and they just become feeding fodder to be chucked at the main event faces in losing fashion. We don't need that. Nexus is unique.