I Broke Here Comes the Pain - Storytime with Doxo

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Since it's my favorite WWE game, I was playing through Here Comes the Pain again for the last few days. I've had this game for about twelve years, so I assumed I've seen everything it has to offer.

Then, I broke it. One tiny glitch, and I made things much more interesting.

Just to set up the scene, I switched the brands completely, just to make things unique. All Raw guys are on Smackdown, all Smackdown guys are on Raw. To make the champions work, I manually beat then myself, reset, traded them, then repeated. For this season, I played as Triple H. Since he's the default champion, I've never used him before, so I figured it'd be fun, especially with how overpowered he is. I took pictures of some of the chaos, but the quality is pretty poor. I'm a college student, I can't afford fancy televisions or recording software, so I took everything with my phone.

The season itself was really fun, and it was surprisingly consistent, tying all these mini stories into one giant super story. During the factions storyline, a Raw guy is suppose to go to Smackdown to save the player. In order to make this work, the game makes an equivalent trade. The person who saved me was Kurt Angle, and in order to make it work, the game traded The Rock to Raw. The problem, however, is that The Rock was the WWE Champion. Now, the WWE Champion was on Raw. At Rebellion, The Rock fought Brock Lesnar for the World Heavyweight Championship, a match Rock won.

Now he held both titles, and who happened to be the number one contender? Me, Triple H. Being a Smackdown guy, I was offered a WWE Championship match, but instead, I got a World Heavyweight Championship match.

In this particular storyline, it doesn't matter if you win or lose. Rock will attack you after with the title, and the match will be cancelled. Funnily enough, despite being for the World Heavyweight Championship, he attacked me with the WWE Championship.

After this the feud was normal, other then them claiming it was for the WWE Championship. The match was set for Armageddon, which was also for the World Heavyweight Championship. Rock came out with the WWE Championship, and I kicked his ass. Now, a Smackdown guy was the World Heavyweight Champion.

After that, even though I was the World Heavyweight Champion, I was given a shot to be in the Rumble so that I could fight for the WWE Championship. I won the match, and for No Way Out, I was put in the normal contenders story. I figured the chaos was over. I'd do this, fight Rock at Wrestlemania, and be a double Champion.... Then on the first week of March I got this scene.

Apparently, the game thought that Rock was challenging me. Instead of the contenders story I had prior, I was shoved into the champion story.... maybe. In the contenders story, the main event has the Champ in a triple threat. He always wins, so you have to skip it. I was put in that main event, but I wasn't allowed to play it. I was forced to skip my match, but I still won. Like normal, the champion called out the player... even though I was both.

So, we are on the contenders story? Not quite, the next week, Ric Flair challenged me at Wrestlemania, something that happens in the Champion story. This flip flop was nothing compared to the next week, however. Apparently, while the earlier roles were just filled by who was in the rivalry, since this was a Royal Rumble inspired feud, it replaced Rock with the Royal Rumble winner... Triple H. Triple H came down to the ring, and called out Triple H. Trips wanted to know why Flair would ask for a title shot, when he knew that Triple H was supposed to fight Triple H. There, he set up a match, Triple H vs Ric Flair with Triple H as the referee, whoever wins would face Triple H. This match unfortunately wasn't something crazy, instead it was RVD vs Ric Flair with me as the referee. RVD won, and the next week Triple H 2.0 came out and challenged me to a Hell in a Cell match.

Now I'm all in on the Champion route, yeah? Right after this show, however, I got another cutscene. The Rock and Vince McMahon were ranting about how I'm no champion, Rock is a true champion! Looks like we're back in the challenger route. Triple H 1.0 drove down in a milk truck and sprayed them with soda.

Now, it's Wrestlemania time. The PPV package showed me fighting the Rock, but then we had a scene where Triple H 2.0 started trash talking me. What made me laugh more than that however, was that you're supposed to have a conversation with whoever lost the special referee match, Ric Flair in this case. Did I get Flair? Nope, I got another Triple H. Triple H 3.0 let Triple H 1.0 that he could beat Triple H 2.0, but only if he stayed calm.

So, I have two feuds going, one where I'm challenging The Rock for the WWE Championship, one where I'm defending my World Heavyweight Championship against Triple H. Which match will I get? Will I do double duty?

Of course not. I fought Stone Cold Steve Austin, a man I had zero history with. The Rock? He fought Shelton Benjamin for some reason. Here we saw two Smackdown guys fighting over the Raw world title, and two Raw guys fighting over the Smackdown world title. I won, and funnily enough so did Shelton. If you look back at one of the earlier images, you can see that Shelton is also the Raw World Tag Team Champion. After I won, Triple H attacked Stone Cold, as if nothing was ever wrong.

It took me twelve years, but I finally broke Here Comes the Pain

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I read some of this but I had to stop and ask...
What inspired your Twitter username?
There has to be an interesting story there!

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I read some of this but I had to stop and ask...
What inspired your Twitter username?
There has to be an interesting story there!
My friends do caw shows, and we have a running gag team of Creepy Uncle Fister and his Sexy Nephew José. We made his in game Twitter tag @SexyNephew, I looked it up, and when I discovered it was available I just had to take it

Reactions: Solid Snake

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Update - I have to restart my season mode. I tried to see what would happen by playing as Shelton, who's both a champion on Raw and Smackdown, but no matter what I do an error screen pops up letting me know that "A champion can't switch brands!"

I'm thinking about doing a BTB based on my season, other than the clone filled Wrestlemania, everything played out perfectly for a very nice year long feud