'I Am Alive' Is Still... Alive!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
[video=youtube;zMVtxJMj41I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMVtxJMj41I[/video]

The game's website describes it as this:

One year after, a worldwide cataclysmic event that wiped most of the human race, a man struggles for survival in a desolate city as he tries to reunite with his long lost wife and daughter. In this post-apocalyptical tale, there are no supernatural threats, just an everyman who faces a decaying and hazardous world and humanity’s darkest inclinations. Will you hang on to your humanity and help strangers or are you ready to sacrifice others in order to survive?

The website also gives you a bit of an idea of what to expect in game:

The dead city of Haventon, immersive and treacherous
Explore the destroyed, crumbling city across different atmospheric levels, climbing your way to safety. Environments tell the story of the world as it stood before and of what has happened to the city and its people.

Unpredictable encounters
Survivors will adopt different behaviors and adapt to your actions. Some are friendly and need assistance, some are scared and others are hostile and will use group tactics to take you down. Will you go out of your way and sacrifice your few precious resources to help those in need?

Intimidation-based combat
Combat is deadly and ammo is scarce. Players will have to use deception to deal with enemies. Cowards may bow down fast to the threat of an empty gun, but aggressive enemies will put you to the test.

Stamina and resource management
Every effort has its cost. Manage your stamina skillfully to gain access to hidden. Look for resources and supplies scattered throughout the city: water, food, gas, medicine, tools, climbing gears, weapons, ammo and anything else that you can salvage from the destroyed city could prove helpful in your quest

I Am Alive was originally announced at E3 2008, one trailer was really all we had from there on. It was being developed by Darkworks but in 2010 it would said that Ubisoft (the publisher) had decided to switch the game over to Ubisoft Shanghai to finish it off with CEO Yves Guillemot saying they Shanghai was "totally re-engineering the product". September 2011 we get a new teaser saying it will be out "This Winter" but of course that didn't happen. Now CES 2012 comes and we finally get a new trailer (the one posted above), it looks different then the original with it now being announced as a Xbox Live Arcade & Playstation Network game! The release date is being said as Q1 2012 and G4 says it will be released Febuary 22, 2012 but who knows if it will even really come out this year with it's track record.... all I know is that 2008 was the first time I watched E3 and ever sense I've been waiting anxiously for this game!

Has anyone else been following this game or waiting for it for a long time? Hearing about it now or seeing the trailer are you now looking forward to it? I know I'm still holding out hope. The same kind of thing happened with Dead Island for me though, and that didn't end up really living up to the hype... hopefully this is different. Oh, and as a little extra bonus here's what the original trailer for the game looked like:

[video=youtube;pN0CiFs3U9I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN0CiFs3U9I[/video]

And Gamespot's Preview:
[video=youtube;AXYRX11MQLo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXYRX11MQLo&feature=related[/video]​

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This game looks pretty neat. I might try it out. I'm not sure exactly what the point of it is but I like post-apocalyptic type shit.

Castiel

Reaction score
Post apocalyptic always makes for my favorite setting too dude! This game is supposed to be more of a realistic adventure/survival look at the the setting, only having a scatter bullet here and there instead of always having a bunch of different guns and loads of ammo, and there isn't new city's being rebuilt just like it was nothing like a lot of other games. This could sound like it may actually end up hurting the game but it's certainly interesting! Plus it's going to be an Arcade game so it won't hurt you too much to give a buy! ;)

Postman Dave

Reaction score
you cannot put the words "still alive" in a game thread title without making me think of Portal, I'm disappointed now. :(

Still, looks pretty decent although I wish it was a standalone title and not on Xbox Live

Castiel

Reaction score
Sorry about that LB.... it was originally supposed to be but after being in developmental hell for so long I guess Arcade was the way to go as it would take less time to make a game for Arcade I assume.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Sorry about that LB.... it was originally supposed to be but after being in developmental hell for so long I guess Arcade was the way to go as it would take less time to make a game for Arcade I assume.

Very true, it's a great concept but I feel won't be used to it's full potential on arcade. Maybe if it does well enough they'll be able to flesh i out a bit more?

Castiel

Reaction score
I hope so because I totally see what you mean. The game it's self just seems like it could be huge but on Arcade it won't be as big.... hopefully it does a backwards Allen Wake / Matt Hazard, instead of retail then arcade it goes arcade then retail! :lol:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
just watched the original trailer, how much more awesome does that look? :(

I sound way too negative about this, I'm still looking forward to it either way, lol.

Castiel

Reaction score
Yeah the original trailer when it was supposed to be much bigger looks amazing! I'm still very happy with what we seem to be getting though!