Hulk Hogan signs with TNA - And look who he's bringing with him!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John

TNA President Dixie Carter and several top flight TNA officials are at Hulk Hogan's press conference in New York City at Madison Square Garden right now.

The former WCW and WWF champion has inked a deal to join TNA with former WCW Vice President Eric Bischoff joining him in the company as well.

Obviously, this is going to be the start of major changes for the organization.

We'll have more on this breaking story shortly.
PWInsider

XBA EDITS THIS:
[YT]RGQ6VCKSEqA[/YT]

noumenon

Wow...

Bischoff AND Hogan huh. Holy shit. I don't know whether to think this awesome or absolutely horrible.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Hogan's name being added just reeks absolutely horrible. I wonder what his position will be. I really hope not an active wrestler.

chessarmy

With the recent youth movement in TNA, don't expect Hogan to take anyone's spot in the main event. He'll be an on air personality

[YT]RGQ6VCKSEqA[/YT]

Let the war begin...

noumenon

His name could be great for the company. If he decides he wants to wrestle long term, that is seriously going to fuck them into oblivion. Bischoff is a crafty motherfucker and if given some creative control could possibly make for some interesting shit. It could also make for WCW 2...and I don't mean that in a good way.
I'm really on the fence about this whole thing... TNA with the proper resources and right booking would put WWE's product to shame any night of the week. Let's see what happens...

xtremebadass

[yt]RGQ6VCKSEqA[/yt]

So Hogan did this to get TNA Superstars on his Australia tour right?

Does this mean Eric Bischoff is with TNA?

This is going to be a taped segment isn't it?

Isn't Hogan suicidal?

WTF?

Sorry but I had to change the name of this topic lol

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Got damn. This mess is flooding the news sites now. These guys work quick.

From the press conference....

There was a Q&A session with fans after the conference. One fan asked Hogan whether working with Vince Russo would be an issue. Hogan responded that as long as Russo stayed in his place and didn't cross him, there wouldn't be any issues. Hogan said if Russo did, he would have to take care of it. When the topic of Eric Bischoff came up, Hogan didn't say Bischoff was working with him in TNA but said they have other side projects they are working on

So much for Bischoff :(

PeepShow

HOLY FUCKING SHITTTTTTT

sfjifhdfiohsi'hds'igihewfvi'odfh8[W'IH D'GOWGHFV'H8R[YEW[AEWYasWIUFEWIRYPG;PFG;Uerger;gerhvuhglui;wefgv;

HOGAN AND BISCHOFF? FUCKING AMAZING. More for Bischoff, but still. This will definitely get me back into watching TNA.

EDIT- FUCK OFF
Mike Johnson of PWInsider is reporting that in addition to Hulk Hogan signing with TNA Wrestling, former WCW Vice President Eric Bischoff will also be joining him in the company as well.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Quoted from the conference....

"The deal was negotiated between TNA and Hogan’s business partner Eric Bischoff of Bischoff Hervey Entertainment Television," said TNA in the release. "BHE TV will be working with TNA to develop new programming extensions of the TNA brand."

And this is from Mike Johnson's report on PWI....

Eric Bischoff will be partnering with TNA via Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment, according to a TNA source.
Bischoff was instrumental in Hulk Hogan signing with TNA and will be working with TNA going forward in creating new TNA television product and in securing television deals for those entities.

TNA has been looking at expanding their television product as their newest SpikeTV deal allows them to shop new series outside of Spike, should Spike pass on them. In the past, TNA has looked at launching series for the Knockouts, The X-Division and the Jeremy Borash-hosted Spin Cycle.

I am told that while we may see Eric Bischoff at some point appearing on TNA programming, he's more going to be partnering with TNA behind the scenes, as opposed to working day to day creatively.

Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment have produced a number of reality series, most notably the excellent VH-1 Scott Baio series and CMT's Celebrity Championship Wrestling.

xtremebadass

Trust me, with Hogan this close to TNA it's only a matter of time before Bischoff sinks his teeth into it as well.

Just when TNA was going to push all their young talent, TNA makes the "smart" business move or bringing in Hogan?

HOGAN FOR MEM FTW!!!

Montana

Interesting....this should be very interesting. Like Noumenon i'm split down the middle on this one. You know Hogan will be the same old Hogan. With their youth movement, how exactly will he fit in. I can't see him being in TNA over 6 months. We will see i guess.

the dark knight

bischoff? thought it was flair tbh...

anyway......duno, might start watchin..

meh

xtremebadass

Hulk Hogan is actually the worst move they could have made being an upcoming company and all. I don't mean towards ratings, I mean in the world of TNA. They want to push all their young guys, they "were" doing great, but they stop that train on a dime and bring in Hogan to smash everyone? UGH

Montana

Hulk Hogan is actually the worst move they could have made being an upcoming company and all. I don't mean towards ratings, I mean in the world of TNA. They want to push all their young guys, they "were" doing great, but they stop that train on a dime and bring in Hogan to smash everyone? UGH

True, but IF done right, it could help. Use him as a non-wrestling god at first in a faction leader role, and build up "super" matches or fueds. I think he has to be a face to start, jump to heel quick, but then TNA needs to find their next big star. (I'm thinking Mr. Kennedy) and build a fued off of that. But need to make sure they have the right face to put over.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
After reading this sometime ago (sept), I have my doubts about this....

"World Wrestling Entertainment wanted to put me out to pasture, to put me out to the graveyard, but I'm ready to fight for another title," Hogan told the Sunday Telegraph in Australia. "The WWE has this mindset, it wants to push young stars even if the fans want to see Hulk Hogan so we're doing this on our own."

He's talking about why he started his tour in Aussie land, but the part that's in bold makes me 2nd think this news.