Huge Update On Possible Matches & Changes To WrestleMania XXX Lineup!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
He's beaten Orton loads of times as recently as a couple of weeks ago on RAW. Going over Titsa? Lol.

Stop hugging the title's dick. Hunter has overshadowed the champion for months. Hunter v Bryan has been the biggest storyline in WWE for the best part of a year. It will likely main-event Wrestlemania. A much bigger and better win for Bryan's long-term career than being thrown into some joke triple threat that wouldn't even main-event itself.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm guessing the mystery third competitor would be for CM Punk if he decided to return in Chicago.

Reactions: @bigwwecritic

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I think that the Wyatts/Shield match is taking place on Monday because it's in Chicago and they are trying to quell some of the fire that's starting there. Just my opinion.. but it seems feasible. I really want to see Cena vs Bray... but then what do they do with Harper/Rowan?

Now that you've explained it the tag team thing does make sense... that one match could further multiple storylines including The Rhodes Brothers split... along with the Titus/Young and Sheamus/Christian feuds... that would be cool.

I understand about Bryan as well maybe he'll just beat HHH for a title shot at Extreme Rules and then defeat Batista for the title there.

Rowan and Harper could compete in a fatal four-way match (elimination, possibly) for the tag team titles along with the Outlaws, Usos and a fourth team. Or if they don't do that, then I figure their only role will be interfering in the Cena/Wyatt match and either succeeding or failing (depending on who goes over) in helping Bray obtain a victory over Cena.

Reactions: Just Kevin

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
To answer the third man question, what about CM Punk? Raw this coming Monday? He returns in the main event scene and announces that he left the company but was reinstated with one stipulation. He gets the headline Mania 30. Although I feel DB would be the better 3rd guy, I wouldn't mind this scenario. Hell, at this point, I'd love to see anyone in there with Bootista and Orton...it'll be a shit match with just them.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
He's beaten Orton loads of times as recently as a couple of weeks ago on RAW. Going over Titsa? Lol.

Stop hugging the title's dick. Hunter has overshadowed the champion for months. Hunter v Bryan has been the biggest storyline in WWE for the best part of a year. It will likely main-event Wrestlemania. A much bigger and better win for Bryan's long-term career than being thrown into some joke triple threat that wouldn't even main-event itself.
Firstly, I'd appreciate it if you could debate without the immature comments like "stop hugging the title's dick". Secondly, him going over Orton multiple times on RAW has absolutely zero impact on a Wrestlemania triple-threat match -- that point is completely redundant. Bryan going up against HHH is a match that can happen in the future with Bryan as the champion. The feud can be HHH not trusting his baby Orton and needing to get the title back to the Authority himself. Right now however, every fan wants to see the pay-off from HHH screwing Bryan OUT OF THE TITLE. It's not the fact that HHH screwed Bryan that was so big, it was the fact he screwed him after his biggest win of his entire career that won the biggest title in the company.

Bryan has already gone over Cena cleanly for the title at Summerslam, and nothing is going to compete against that in terms of title matches, unless he wins it BACK at WRESTLEMANIA. The fans already don't give a fuck about Batista vs Orton, so it's logical to put Bryan into that feud both kayfabe and away from kayfabe to make the title match as prestigious as it should be. Hell, the fans don't give a shit about HHH at this point; they just want to see Bryan win the title back. Bryan needs to win that match to get the pay-off every fan has wanted for a long long time, and that is FAR bigger than a match against HHH.

Bryan winning the title needs to be a massive thing since he has been screwed many times, and it needs to happen on the grandest stage of them all, else it fails in comparison to his Summerslam win against Cena.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
This report sounds like it's 6 weeks old.

- Shield triple threat is obvious at this point
- Harper & Rowan won't have a match if it's Bray v Cena
- We've seen Sheamus v Christian how many times in the last few weeks?!
- Goldust and Cody have barely been getting on TV. Swagger v Cesaro looks more likely and they can't do both matches

Dude this was post on sescoops on Published On February 28, 2014 1 day ago IT NOT 6 WEEKS OLD!

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score

NO! BROCK VS. TAKER WILL MAIN EVENT WM30! If there is not a 3rd match in the title match!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Huge update possible Sandow is in the triple threat match between Bootista & Borton pfft..

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
To answer the third man question, what about CM Punk? Raw this coming Monday? He returns in the main event scene and announces that he left the company but was reinstated with one stipulation. He gets the headline Mania 30. Although I feel DB would be the better 3rd guy, I wouldn't mind this scenario. Hell, at this point, I'd love to see anyone in there with Bootista and Orton...it'll be a shit match with just them.

While I absolutely love the idea that Punk returns on Raw Monday night in Chicago, I don't see him coming back with the stipulation that he headlines Wrestlemania.

A big part of the "leaked comments" from the argument between Punk, HHH, and Vince (or whoever all was supposedly involved.....anybody else think there's an awful lot of info from this closed-door private meeting that's come to light since it happened?) was that Punk wasn't demanding that he headline Mania, but that 2014 should be Bryan's year and he should at least have been in the Rumble with "an opportunity to headline Mania" (nice mix of kayfabe and reality there....I can't imagine an actual discussion between Punk, HHH, Vince, etc., actually being about a guy being in the Rumble with the "opportunity" to win......maybe the reporters of this particular story think the folks backstage talk kayfabe to each other in closed-door private meetings). Saying that, here would be my thought/dream booking scenario:

HHH and Bryan have an in-ring confrontation on Raw about Bryan's challenge to HHH on last week's Raw. As tensions between the two rev up, HHH denies that Bryan is worthy of wrestling him at Wrestlemania. As the crowd gets more into the argument, Punk's music hits. This being Chicago, the already-pumped crowd completely loses its shit. Punk plays to the crowd before getting a mic and confronting HHH. Maybe he acknowledges that he's been gone because he left over Bryan not being in the title match and somehow forces HHH to insert him into that match, making it a triple threat (this would also fit in with Batista's rather poorly-veiled references to Bryan in his Smackdown promo....not to mention the fact that the Batista character basically underwent a change into a complete heel on Smackdown....you can't have the Mania main event for the WWE Championship (sorry, folks, the WWE Championship match is always a "main event", even if it doesn't go on last) between two heels with no faces involved....they don't like two faces competing for the belt either, which is why they decided to turn Austin heel in 2001 at X-Seven in the course of his title match against the Rock). I figure he also comes out with some comment about Bryan being completely worthy of taking on HHH/The Authority in the ring at Mania....but since Bryan's going to wrestle for the title, HHH couldn't object to facing the "Best in the World" at Wrestlemania.

wk

Reactions: edge4ever

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
While I absolutely love the idea that Punk returns on Raw Monday night in Chicago, I don't see him coming back with the stipulation that he headlines Wrestlemania.

A big part of the "leaked comments" from the argument between Punk, HHH, and Vince (or whoever all was supposedly involved.....anybody else think there's an awful lot of info from this closed-door private meeting that's come to light since it happened?) was that Punk wasn't demanding that he headline Mania, but that 2014 should be Bryan's year and he should at least have been in the Rumble with "an opportunity to headline Mania" (nice mix of kayfabe and reality there....I can't imagine an actual discussion between Punk, HHH, Vince, etc., actually being about a guy being in the Rumble with the "opportunity" to win......maybe the reporters of this particular story think the folks backstage talk kayfabe to each other in closed-door private meetings). Saying that, here would be my thought/dream booking scenario:

HHH and Bryan have an in-ring confrontation on Raw about Bryan's challenge to HHH on last week's Raw. As tensions between the two rev up, HHH denies that Bryan is worthy of wrestling him at Wrestlemania. As the crowd gets more into the argument, Punk's music hits. This being Chicago, the already-pumped crowd completely loses its shit. Punk plays to the crowd before getting a mic and confronting HHH. Maybe he acknowledges that he's been gone because he left over Bryan not being in the title match and somehow forces HHH to insert him into that match, making it a triple threat (this would also fit in with Batista's rather poorly-veiled references to Bryan in his Smackdown promo....not to mention the fact that the Batista character basically underwent a change into a complete heel on Smackdown....you can't have the Mania main event for the WWE Championship (sorry, folks, the WWE Championship match is always a "main event", even if it doesn't go on last) between two heels with no faces involved....they don't like two faces competing for the belt either, which is why they decided to turn Austin heel in 2001 at X-Seven in the course of his title match against the Rock). I figure he also comes out with some comment about Bryan being completely worthy of taking on HHH/The Authority in the ring at Mania....but since Bryan's going to wrestle for the title, HHH couldn't object to facing the "Best in the World" at Wrestlemania.

wk

Uh? NO? Hogan and Warrior, Taker and Bastisa, and HBK and Cena! WWE never hate doing a face vs. face title match at WM its just that pefecter a classic face vs. heel match! Rock vs. Stone Cold had nothing to with him turning heel! Stone Cold Turn heel b/c WWE fell it was time to turn heel! Which was wrong of course! WWE Stone Cold Never had the same drew again b/c of that for the rest of his wrestling career b/c of that! And I feel b/c of wwe dumb thinking here is why WWE does not want Cena to turn heel! I do think Punk may come back to be put into the main event but I just don't how? I was thinking that may Hogan the "host" of WM30 would put since when Rock hosted wm27 he has the power to restart the main event match of wm27 so maybe Hogan has some power since he the host of WM30!? I think it either going to Punk in the title match or Bryan will be in the title match! It will go down either Brayn will be put in some how and HHH will not wrestle at WM30, or CM Punk will return to Raw this Monday some how will be put into the match and HHH and Bryan will then face at WM30! Though are my 2 threoy!

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Actually, SCSA requested to turn heel at X-Seven and later regretted it. As to him losing his drawing power afterwards, I don't really think so considering his merchandise sales are still very strong and they continue tor release Austin shirts, as well as the fact that, when the advertise an Austin "return", they are among the highest-rated segments on (WWE) television.

I'm just picking nits here (although you started it by picking out three of the only face vs. face Mania "main events" there have been for a world championship). :eek:tunga:

wk

@bigwwecritic

Jobber
Reaction score
as of right now the only "confirmed" matches i can see on the card is.
Daniel Bryan - Triple H (main Event)
Undertaker - Brock Lesnar
Randy Orton - Batista
John Cena - Bray wyatt

I can't see Daniel Bryan being put into that Triple Threat match. I personally would want to spread the talent out as much as possible throughout the night instead of having one big match that everybody is gonna look forward too. And there is NO WAY in HELL that the Undertaker/Brock match would be the main event. At the Takers old age he needs to be paired up with a great wrestler to have a great match like a Shawn Michaels or a CM Punk. Brock is not considered a great in-ring technician, so this match may end up very very dry. And I highly doubt that Cena is seriously injured, a Cena/Wyatt match is your Good vs. Evil in its truest form.

Reaction score
I could see CM punk returning as a "vince" guy and because he got screwed at the Royal Rumble Vince made it up to him by allowing him to be part of the match

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Not even close.

You could argue that finally winning the World Title after being screwed throughout the entire year would be the ultimate payoff, but wouldn't beating the guy behind the screwjobs and finally proving to him you deserve to win it be the much better payoff?

Reactions: Brad.