• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

How would you change WWE?

If you were in charge of WWE. What are some things you would do, to bring it back into the spotlight. Here is some of my ideas.

-Cut down of the Pay Per Views. Keep the main ones (Wrestlemania, Rumble, Survivor Series, Summerslam). Cut it down to 8 a year. Also reduce the price of the smaller ones to $24.99. The big ones can go from $39.99-$44.99. But since Wrestlemania is the "Super Bowl" it should be the most expensive. More people would order the pay per views if they were cheaper.

-Revamp the Tag Team division. The tag team division has been lost in WWE since the days of APA, Dudleys, Hardy Boys, and Edge/Christian. Now they randomly put together teams without any reason.

-Showcase the US Title and Intercontinal Title. Make both of these belts mean something. Maybe have a top player go after it. Triple H did hold the IC belt when he was a main eventer.

-TRAIN THE DIVAS. Finlay has been training the Divas for a long time. He helped Trish Stratus become one of the greatest women wrestlers ever. Spend some time with them and stop giving them joke matches and 30 second matches. Anyone remember that Diva Matches have main evented raw before.

-Cena and Orton should feud with other people that don't hold the WWE/World Title. I'm sick and tired of seeing them all over Raw and headline pay per views. I know Vince thinks they are his new Austin/Rock. They aren't and they never will be. Also have them lose clean once in a while. No cheating or interference. Give me a straight PIN! When was the last time either one of them lost fairly?

-Bring back interesting storylines. The last storyline that I really liked was Orton/Triple H. When Orton punted Vince. After that what have we had? Kane looking for who attacked Taker and then it turned out to be him..What the hell is that? And you can have multi storyline lines going on at once. This current writing staff is clueless on how to make people interesting.

-Give me an hour of WRESTLING on Raw. Raw is 80% talking now and they focus away from wrestling.

-Bring back Jim Ross....Cole is a fine heel announcer. But he doesn't hold a candle to JR.

-Stop burying good talent. Example: Ted Dibiase and Jack Swagger. Then they show off their potential in the ring.

-Bring back guys that were misused....Shelton Benjamin, Kaval, and MVP.

That's all I can think of now. What are some other ideas?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Just hire people who are wrestling fans and not just writers. Bookers will always be better than a creative team. Keep things simple, treat it as an actual sport and not storytime. Less stoylines and more angles and have actual wrestling, it's their job. Why can't they just wrestle?

Doesn't take much to fix the little problems, just scale back the PPVs, give them more build up. Hire people who actually give a shit about the product instead of assholes who are just using it as a launching point.

Purple PuNk

Everyone seems to always ask this. The way things currently are there is not much you can really do. As fans we want the old "Attitude Era", but that is not going to happen. WWE has evolved to sell to the younger kids. That is all fine, but what WWE needs to do (and has been trying to do) is stay up with the pop culture of today's world; however, we are in a world of tension and uncertainty. If WWE wants to reflect the current state of affairs it needs to do it without watering things down, and try to be as consistent (and logical) as possible.