How would you book John Cena turning heel?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, I want to see what you (le members) would plan in terms of turning the biggest face in the company into a heel. I know a lot of people say "If they haven't done it yet, it isn't going to happen!" but I still think it can and will happen. So with that being said, how would you book John turning heel? Who would he turn heel on? And where would it happen?

angry-john-cena-gif.gif

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Wardi_12

The Artiste
Reaction score
I'd be OK if he turned heel on AJ Styles at the rumble, like he loses and is so angry that he didn't equal the record that he takes a chair and attacks Styles after the match.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I guess the best time would be when he goes for Championship 16 or 17...
But...
I honestly think fans want it so bad that no matter how the WWE do it...it
will fall short of people's expectations.

And I don't mean to be the miserable one...but...a Cena Heel turn won't
magically make the WWE better overnight. Even if Cena turns heel...the
same problems will still exist...and it could be even worse if the heel turn
fails.

Just saying...

And now to lighten the mood...a gif of John Cena trying not to fart...

Cena+elephant+noises.gif

Oh...and he should propose to Nikki already...

cena_nikki_marriage_3mb.png

Reactions: Solidus1

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
The undertaker. Let him seemingly get ready for their feud in typical, respectful, fun loving John Cena way. Then, in the middle of a tag match (where their partners) with taker, he low blows him. Whacks him with a chain. Does a huge "you can't see me hand gesture" and hits a big AA. He grins and lets the other team pin taker.

He would get so much heat and hate it would be perfect. His excuse would be he needs to be something different and not his usual self to beat the deadman at mania.

Last edited:

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'd be OK if he turned heel on AJ Styles at the rumble, like he loses and is so angry that he didn't equal the record that he takes a chair and attacks Styles after the match.
I disagree. Although it would work, I don't think this is the best way. Unless the intent is to turn styles face.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Basically do what they are doing now on Smackdown but ramp it up. Turn him into the sour, grizzly veteran who refuses to hand over his spot to the younger talent

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I disagree. Although it would work, I don't think this is the best way. Unless the intent is to turn styles face.
They could be going for a classic "Double Turn" like Austin/Hart at Wrestlemania?

I'm sure Styles & Cena could pull it off...they have great ring chemistry and are
experts at their craft.
Basically do what they are doing now on Smackdown but ramp it up. Turn him into the sour, grizzly veteran who refuses to hand over his spot to the younger talent
That would work as well...

Reactions: edge4ever

Wardi_12

The Artiste
Reaction score
I was thinking of that, another way I think would be good is if he turned heel to actually win the title. Like the referee goes down and John looks at AJ and the chair and then attacks him with it. Then he could come out and boast about being the joint record holder on smack down and be an arrogant heel.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I was thinking of that, another way I think would be good is if he turned heel to actually win the title. Like the referee goes down and John looks at AJ and the chair and then attacks him with it. Then he could come out and boast about being the joint record holder on smack down and be an arrogant heel.
That could work. I still feel it would turn AJ face more than ever. But it could work for John. Hell, anytnjng could work turning Cena heel at this point as it's well overdue.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
There is a lot of speculation around Cena and AJ right now... Like I am all for AJ being a straight up face (though I prefer him as a heel) if it means John will turn heel.

I guess we will see what happens. I mean, if I had a guess... They would likely turn him at one of the big three PPVs of the year... Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania or Summer Slam.

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
He should bring a cancer kid into the ring, to make a wish and go for the hug moment, and then push the kid over and do the "you can't see me" gesture. That would get some heat.

• Haha

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
There is a lot of speculation around Cena and AJ right now... Like I am all for AJ being a straight up face (though I prefer him as a heel) if it means John will turn heel.

I guess we will see what happens. I mean, if I had a guess... They would likely turn him at one of the big three PPVs of the year... Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania or Summer Slam.
Honestly WWE might have found its next face with AJ styles. He simply has it all and easily wins over crowds. He is also bringing in more ratings for smackdown it seems. He may have the torch from Cena handed to him by feuding with a heel cena.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
He should bring a cancer kid into the ring, to make a wish and go for the hug moment, and then push the kid over and do the "you can't see me" gesture. That would get some heat.
I know that's still a PG move, but that would be seen as too much given all of Cena accolades and WWEs involvement with cancer

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Honestly WWE might have found its next face with AJ styles. He simply has it all and easily wins over crowds. He is also bringing in more ratings for smackdown it seems. He may have the torch from Cena handed to him by feuding with a heel cena.

I am all for this but the only problem is that AJ is already older. He is only 2 years younger than Cena I believe. I am sure he can wrestle well into his 40's but I seen why Vince originally wanted Roman... He is only 31.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I am all for this but the only problem is that AJ is already older. He is only 2 years younger than Cena I believe. I am sure he can wrestle well into his 40's but I seen why Vince originally wanted Roman... He is only 31.
I get it. But Vince may make an exception here if there's money to be made, which seems to be the case. AJ styles has at least a good 5 years left of his prime time wrestling he's doing right now. He can carry the company and pass the torch at like mania 37 if you ask me.

Reactions: Solid Snake