How would rate 2011?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
My rating:

Pros:

-We finally got to see new and deserving champions such as Christian, Del Rio and Henry
-Punk 's "worked promo" and him becoming pretty damn over since.
-Punk's title win at MitB
-Dolph Ziggler keeps getting better and better
-The Rock's return, better than I expected
-The Miz's title reign
-MitB PPV
-R Truth's new character
-Bryan as champion
-IC and US belts becoming a big deal again,

Cons:

-Talents like Drew McIntyre, John Morrison and Jack Swagger falling into obscurity
-Hornswoggle receiving a voice for Christmas (simply awful)
-Cena and Orton destroying the momentum of the title reigns of other superstars such as Del Rio and Christian
-Triple H in charge (not a bad idea, but it should have happened a few months later, since it almost took the momentum away from Punk's new found popularity)
-the tournament following MiTB (this made Rey and the Miz look like complete fools )
-Johnny Ace. A total bore.
-The conspiracy storyline, rushed and unfinished (Nash texted himself? XD)
-Anonymous Raw GM never getting a proper reveal or payoff.
-Wrestlemania, half a flop IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
-Johnny Ace. A total bore.

No way man, Ace is great. Love his character and his Marty Funkhauser voice.

As for the year, I'd go about an 8/10. Outside of the cruddy WM, OTL and Capital Punishment shows, every other PPV was great. Summerslam, Extreme Rules and MiTB in particular are some of the best shows WWE has put on in the PG era. The emergence of Ziggler is great and it seems virtually impossible to see them dropping the ball in regards to him.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I'd go about a 7/8 too tbh. I mean, my interest in WWE has dwindled, but there's still been a lot of good stuff going on from Punk, Ziggler, Henry, Rhodes, etc.

Ace is fucking awesome right now, I'm a Punk mark and I'm struggling to hate Ace at this point. He was absolutely epic in the open to last weeks Raw.

I'd say 2011 was the year in which WWE finally took notice of the internet. Between their sudden love for Twitter, Zack Ryder's improbable rise and CM Punk's worked shoot utilising IWC beliefs, I'd say the gap between WWE & the IWC has never been smaller.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I think 2011 was a great year in WWE, imo.

It was certainly the year of CM Punk. Everything he did during 2011 was absolute gold, from the shoot on Raw, to winning the title at MITB, to all of his other fantastic promos he did. He was the highlight of Raw for me in 2011 that's for sure.

John Cena was involved in some great stuff with the likes of CM Punk, The Miz, R-Truth, and of course The Rock. I have always found Cena to be entertaining, and 2011 was no different than any other year where I liked him.

R-Truth's new gimmick. Absolutely hilarious promos from this guy during 2011. I have liked R-Truth for awhile, but I knew he was in need of a refresher, and with the new heel gimmick he was given he able to shine. I don't know if he'll be able to do the same now as a face, but time will tell.

The Miz had a fantastic year. Main eventing Wrestlemania with Cena, and winning to retain his title. The awesomeness of Awesome Truth until their split.

Mark Henry's transformation from do gooder that was seemingly going nowhere, to an awesome monster heel that destroyed everyone in his path, and even winning the World Heavyweight Championship. He had some great feuds with Sheamus, Orton, and Big Show.

Daniel Bryan and Zack Ryder closed the year with championships around their waists, and that was good to see. Both of them deserve it.

All in all I really enjoyed the year of 2011 in WWE, and I hope they continue it in 2012.