How up front are you as a wrestling fan

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crankdeer

The Showoff
Reaction score
i dont give a shit

i talk about it to people who dont like it, i just dont care
Put it this way: Professional wrestling has storylines, gimmicks, works, etc. You try and talk about all of this to a person who doesn't view the shows makes them have a confused look on their face. I for one am a people person. I like to talk about what the other person are interested in, whether it be argumentative or not. Everyone knows I am a big soccer fan, but if someone is talking about baseball and I say Eden Hazard, they wouldn't know who the hell I was talking about.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
I talk about it when needed. If people ask what I watch, etc., I tell them...I then proceed to kick them in the gut, raise them on my shoulders, and GTS them to hell...JR comes out of no where and says, "HE GOT ALL OF THAT ONE!!!! GTS'ed HIM STARIGHT TO HELL AND BACK!!!"

This. Minus the GTS part.
A girl in my class dropped the classic 'You know it's fake right?' I shut that conversation down quickly.

Reactions: edge4ever

Crankdeer

The Showoff
Reaction score
A girl in my class dropped the classic 'You know it's fake right?' I shut that conversation down quickly.
That seems to be the conversation I always had found myself in when I tried to talk to someone about professional wrestling when that person didn't watch but only 2 episodes when they were 8.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Ugh, I hate that shit. Yeah that guy jumpin 12 ft in the air is totally fake. You didn't see the wires? Now :stfu: and :gtfo:

Last edited:

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Yeah, when people pull this shit....I literally laugh aloud and explain to them....calmly unless harsh if needed

Tgmiveld

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Put it this way: Professional wrestling has storylines, gimmicks, works, etc. You try and talk about all of this to a person who doesn't view the shows makes them have a confused look on their face. I for one am a people person. I like to talk about what the other person are interested in, whether it be argumentative or not. Everyone knows I am a big soccer fan, but if someone is talking about baseball and I say Eden Hazard, they wouldn't know who the hell I was talking about.
i dont care

i explain who cena is and why he is killing the business. i know former fans who i can ambush with wwe discussion all the time. i hate this thing that other fans have of being embarassed, whats the point.

Z.T.O

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
No, I'm not. There is only one person who knows I'm a wrestling fan's my girlfriend. She knows it is staged, etc. She appreciates what I'm doing graphics / Art in my spare time.

Regard's
Z.T.O

Crankdeer

The Showoff
Reaction score
i dont care

i explain who cena is and why he is killing the business. i know former fans who i can ambush with wwe discussion all the time. i hate this thing that other fans have of being embarassed, whats the point.
Its not about being embarrassed, but you're going to have a helluv a lot better conversation with one who knows the product versus one who doesn't know shit.

Reactions: Majour

Z.T.O

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
By the way, If i would tell my friends that I'm a WWE fan, in which case they would laugh at me. I'm 100% positive.

Tgmiveld

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Its not about being embarrassed, but you're going to have a helluv a lot better conversation with one who knows the product versus one who doesn't know shit.
i dont care, i think to myself, "well if you want to talk with me, its going to be about wrestling or comedy"

simple as that. i have talked about it to women and everything

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
i dont care, i think to myself, "well if you want to talk with me, its going to be about wrestling or comedy"

simple as that. i have talked about it to women and everything
Simple solution: be a bloke and don't shower for weeks...never wear cologne...and discuss wrestling and ram it down their throats. Make these bitches know what you stand for...if they don't like it..make them like it...:jericho:

Reactions: Majour

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
It never comes up and I'm not really passionate about it or some die hard, so I don't bring it up ever. Just seems random. It's not like music where it's pretty much all I fap to and worship, and also look the part (hair, shirts, black, etc). So it's obvious to everyone what I'm into.

Reactions: edge4ever