How to make Strikeforce competitive

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

phantomgerald

Reaction score
To me, Strikeforce is very close to catchgin up to the UFC. They have the big name stars to really make a splash, but they need more depth and some changes to its concept. I hope those who at least give a shit about SF can join me in a discussion.

Idea #1 to improve: Let novelty fighters fight Novelty fight. Nobody will take Herschel Walker or Bobby Lashley seriously. They are on the main card to sell fights and got on it buy name recognition instead of merit. So instead of putting them against no-name fighters, why not let them fight each other or fight other novelty fighters. There's alot in the Heavyweight division, from Jason David Frank (Power Ranger) to Jose Canseco or Sakuraba. It will generate interest in both fighters and will at least keep guys who don't deserve to even be on the card (like Greg Nagy) off it.

pumpt73

Reaction score
To make this promotion truly successful, they desperately need to get more events on basic cable or network television. An event every 3-6 months doesn't cut it, and there's not that many people who subscribe to Showtime. That's hurting this company from growing. If you can't get more television exposure to the fanbase, how can you grow??? Strikeforce may have some top talent like Diaz, Lawler, Noons, Kennedy, Souza, Sobral, Henderson, Fedor, Werdum, and Overeem, but they need to get these fighters more exposure. They need to get a deal with Fox Sports or ESPN to show say 4 events a year to start with. Until then, Strikeforce will continue to be what it is. A second tier company with good talent that only a select frew get to watch. Unlike UFC and Bellator which make sure most of their fanbase gets plenty of exposure to their promotion and fighters.