• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

1chiban

Reaction score
The only thing that can save TNA is a complete and utter overhaul. If there was a "reset button" I'd suggest they push it.

Exactly. What they need to do is go away and then reset everything and pretend nothing ever happened :p

Reaction score
There is talent out there, however no much that is 200+ pounds. However i don't feel thats what the x-division is about they want to be different in stick out. This are no brainer pick ups for TNA imo. - Jack Evans - Amazes me TNA doesn't have interest - Human Tornado - A guy that has charisma, and do the high flying flippy stuff. Again, no brianer. - TJP - Solid worker. - Teddy Hart - Bring him in, and make him understand if he fucks up, he's gone. - Ricochet - Tons to potential. - Suicide - He should be coming back - X - Division legends ( Dutt, Petey, as part time talent) It's not their there isn't talent out there. This really isn't including any Mexican/Japanese import either. It's the fact TNA has no idea how to run a company.

Also, as a mainstream company, you can't present guys that look like they should be sitting in the stands. It's not even about running a company, there's a reason indy feds only go so far, RoH, PWG and whatnot. Guys need to have the superstar look. It's just what wrestling fans have been conditioned to expect from mainstream promotions the past 30 years. Even in the Crockett days, you had guys with the average mans physique, but they were a legit 6'2, 250. You can't stick a division with 5-8 guys under 6 ft and 200 lbs, there are only so few spots for such a niche size worker. If you want to cater to the same 300-500 smark fanboys everyshow, thats fine, but TNA is on national TV with an audience 10 times the size of any indy promotion running, they can't present a division with little kid looking guys running around. WCW's cruiserweight division was marvelous and all of their guys sans Rey were at least 5'8 and over 220, from Ultimo to Silver King to Jericho to Juvi. There is talent out there, but of the people you mentioned, I'd take Teddy, Jack and Tornado. Ricochet can fuck off.

Montana

Reaction score
Wasn't the WCW cruiser weight division supposed to be under 220? Or was that just in the WWE. And Rey Mysterio was FAR from 220 from when was in wcw. I don't think the "look" has as much importance in the cruiser division as their in ring skills, and their character/mic skills. Sure, sure it's nice to have the "look" like Evan Bourne, but someone like a Human Tornado has much more charisma. Anyways, the X - Division isn't really a weight class, so either way.

I'm not big on Ricochet either, but the guy is one of the best high flyers in the world right now. He's improved a ton.

[yt]MnzW1MgcabE[/yt]

I think TNA fans would like this guy. (at least as a jobber)

1chiban

Reaction score
His gimmick could be that he misses that move every week and loses. And then finally hits it to win the X Division Title. That would be right up Russo's street :p

KenFan4life

Reaction score
How Should Tna save their X-division?
How can Obama.SaveUS.222?
how can The WWE bring back the Attitude Era?
Who the fuck can coach the shitty ass bengals into respectability?

well....you're all in luck, cuz KenFan has the answers....
and that answer is.....Missssttttttteeeeerrrrrrrrr!!!!! ....ANDDDDDDDeeeerrRRRRRssooonnn!!!!
.......Anderson!!!!!
He can carry every x-division wrestler with his eyes closed...
His drawing power will make the economy goood.....
His Popularity will make all of wrestling popular....which in turn makes wwe attitude era popular....
who the fuck cares about the bengals......

ahorrig

Reaction score
Honestly, putting mr anderson in X division isnt a bad idea. not now, but when the entire stupid Immortal/Fotune/whatever feud ends.

fuzzy

Reaction score
ya why not, could work...but then again how much of what they've done up to this point worked out the way they planned it?

Axis

Reaction score
Wait no. What? Just, what?

fuzzy

Reaction score
If they're serious about the X-div, then they should just start with building feuds first, get it back to what it was and make it worth watching again.

1chiban

Reaction score
This is the thing. TNA are more than capable of putting on better matches than the WWE in technical terms, but with useless storylines behind them, what's the point in the long term?

ahorrig

Reaction score
Yeah, they need storylines that make more sense. Pope and Joe is weird, and if Hardy goes to jail, that storyline will slowly and awkwardly crumble. I wonder why no-one complained about fighting a guy that might be drunk or high?

LSD

Reaction score
They need to put talent in it. Not fucking Frankie Kazarian, Robbie E, and certainly not bringing back shitty workers like Petey Williams.

Is Petey Williams a shitty worker? Didn't know that, he looks impressive in videos I have seen of him though...

What about Davey Richards, just saw him in the ROH show on Saturday, WOW. If he and AJ Styles feuded at Destination X for the title and put on a match of the year, that would probably draw some more interest and get the x-division wrestlers more pumped. Can't imagine they are feeling that passionate about their title knowing that Robbie E just held it.

Axis

Reaction score
I was never a big fan of Petey Williams. I never really had the basics down, but people flocked to him for his finisher and some kewl movez. Davey on the other hand, is awesome.