How should Undertaker's career end?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ATKOOL

Reaction score
I've been asking myself this question for a couple days now. How should Undertaker's great career in the WWE end? How should he leave the WWE? He is an obvious WWE Hall of Famer without question, but the question I'm asking who should he have his last match against. I don't want to remember Taker's last match vs HHH in the midcard because Rock/Cena is the main event. That is the match that everyone wants to see. People including myself weren't happy about the idea of HHH/Taker 3 at Mania this year because I don't want to see HHH face him again on the main stage of Wrestlemania. Been done far too many times and I hate all these rematches now days. I want Taker to go out on top, in the main event of Wrestlemania. Be a shame if it doesn't happen if you ask me. Same goes for the Rock/Cena match not being in the main event of this years Wrestlemania. It did upset me a bit that Flair wasn't in main event of WM24, but he was a midcarder for most of his time anyways. Taker however, has been a main event talent throughout his career. So I ask you all to book next years Wrestlemania main event match featuring the Deadman in his final match. You choose the opponent. Plz don't give me some ridiculous match stipulation like no DQ or last man standing match. Just a 1 on 1 match and an opponent for the Undertaker. You don't have to give me a guy to defeat the streak or anything like that. I don't care who wins, but give me who you would like Taker to face in his final match in the main event of Wrestlemania. I will reply with my opponent after I post this, but plz don't give me that this will be his last Mania. Just book an oppoent for him for next years Mania. How you want to see Taker go out facing who?

ATKOOL

Reaction score
My opponent would have to be John Cena for several reasons. He is the top guy, face of the company, biggest draw WWE has right now, and the only one really realistic enough to defeat the Deadman @ Mania. It has been a shame that these two hasn't faced on a big stage like a Summerslam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, and certainly not at Wrestlemania in a one on one match. These two havn't faced one on one since 2007 Raw reunion I believe in which the match ended in a double DQ. They have however faced on a ppv, but Cena wasn't a main eventer yet. Since Cena has been the Champ, they havn't really faced at all or have a rivalry/storyline. It would be history making and would be remembered. Everyone would want to see these two face off at the biggest stage of them all. The atmosphere in the arena would be crazy. Undertaker is well respected not only backstage, but by all wrestling fans. Can you imagine the heat Cena would get in a fued with the Undertaker? He gets booed anyways facing guys like R-Truth, Miz, and so on. Just imagine the atmosphere around that match. It wouldn't be a split fan reaction. I think the majority of the fans would root for the deadman. The match would be bigger than Rock/Cena this year in my opinion. It would be a shame that Taker and Cena havn't faced on a big stage since Cena has become the face of the company. I want Taker to go out on top in the main event of Wrestlemania. Not in the midcard vs HHH. A guy fans didn't want him to face again in the first place til Hell in a Cell stipulation was added. Undertaker deserves more respect than that. Undertaker should face the face of the company on the biggest stage of the year Wrestlemania. It would have an atmosphere like Rock/Hogan had or probably better. I would put that in the main event over Rock/HBK, Punk/Austin, and so on. Especially with it being Taker's final match. I have a ton of respect for the Deadman. I don't want Taker to go out the way he is probably gonna go out vs HHH in a midcard match. He should be in the main event of Wrestlemania.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Takers career will end with no fanfare, and it shouldn't the man is very private and doesn't openly look for personal acclaim. He will not lose At Mania' ever and he will slowly but surely edge into retirement, much like Rock did in 04. Suits the character and suits the man himself.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
For me, I wouldn't retire him next year as there's still matches to be had. Surely there's enough left in his tank to be able to show up during the road to WrestleMania for a couple of a years just to have a match. It's well known i'm not a fan of him doing this but if it prolonged his career to get a few just a few more Mania matches out of him then i'm ok with it.

Orton/Cena/Sheamus/Brock/Rock are all guys i'd like to see him lock it up with at Mania.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Kane vs. Taker both men laying in the ring lights go out lights come back on their gone forever.

ATKOOL

Reaction score
Takers career will end with no fanfare, and it shouldn't the man is very private and doesn't openly look for personal acclaim. He will not lose At Mania' ever and he will slowly but surely edge into retirement, much like Rock did in 04. Suits the character and suits the man himself.
I never stated in my post that he will get a celebration like Flair and HBK. He doesn't even show up in the audience during the HOF ceremony because of his gimmick. I never expected a hero celebration on a Raw after Mania. That wasn't the question at all. The question was who should he face @ Mania next year. I don't want him to end his career this way. If he does, that is his decision. I will still respect him, but I think he deserves more than what he is receiving. He isn't going to be in the main event in his last match at Wrestlemania? I'm not saying to put it in the storyline that it will be his last match or to have him lose in his final match. I'm just stating he should be in the main event whenever that day comes when he hangs up his boots. Not in a match that no one is really looking forward to.

ATKOOL

Reaction score
For me, I wouldn't retire him next year as there's still matches to be had. Surely there's enough left in his tank to be able to show up during the road to WrestleMania for a couple of a years just to have a match. It's well known i'm not a fan of him doing this but if it prolonged his career to get a few just a few more Mania matches out of him then i'm ok with it.

Orton/Cena/Sheamus/Brock/Rock are all guys i'd like to see him lock it up with at Mania.
The way the promos are this year, I have the feeling that this may be the year he retires. He has already faced Brock/Rock/Orton several times. I want to see him face the face of the company on the biggest stage of them all.

Deuce

Reaction score
After next year's Wrestlemania, with the streak intact, the guy doesn't have much left in him.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
John Cena stuffing him in a casket and closing the lid trolololololol

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I never stated in my post that he will get a celebration like Flair and HBK. He doesn't even show up in the audience during the HOF ceremony because of his gimmick. I never expected a hero celebration on a Raw after Mania. That wasn't the question at all. The question was who should he face @ Mania next year. I don't want him to end his career this way. If he does, that is his decision. I will still respect him, but I think he deserves more than what he is receiving. He isn't going to be in the main event in his last match at Wrestlemania? I'm not saying to put it in the storyline that it will be his last match or to have him lose in his final match. I'm just stating he should be in the main event whenever that day comes when he hangs up his boots. Not in a match that no one is really looking forward to.

When did I address you with a statement regarding yours? Thread title asked a question, I answered it.

Already stated my piece.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
John Lauranitis will future endeavour him, and Jericho will boast that he was fired first.