How Randy really injured his shoulder

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Source:Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Randy Orton actually dislocated his shoulder on May 22nd in St. Louis, playing a pick-up basketball game with friends and doing a slam dunk. This was two days before the Over the Limit pay-per-view. This is something like the third time it has been dislocated. The current plan is for Orton to focus on physical therapy before eventually needing surgery.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
This sounds pretty Blue. If he dislocated it before OTL, why the fuck would they even bother with the match and make him do serious moves that could have made it a lot worse? They could have just replaced the match with something else instead. Wasn't there a match a while ago that was replaced with another match? I forget who was fighting and what PPV it was (maybe a Morrison match?) but they changed the match because someone was hurt or something (yeah, I am bad at remembering this).

I know Orton and Edge are big names and they would want to keep the match in the PPV but it sounds careless to have one of your top guys fight and possibly hurt himself even more.

I don't know, this sounds a bit weird....

CMS

Reaction score
Yeah, besides the fact that they clearly improvised the ending of the match, and the show ended early by the exact amount of time one would assume Edge vs Orton would have gone.

Besides, the report reads "this is something like the third time it's been dislocated". Seems like much of a random comment to make, not to mention not exact and badly written for a Wrestling Observer article.

Lil' Woj21

Reaction score
Yeah they could of pulled like a stunt backstage like (someone jumped him from backstage and injured him and what not and they had a video of a ambulance taking him away) Something like that. Having him compete in the match still is beyond Blue.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
It was also fairly obvious that it was real when it happened in the ring because of how it happened. If he was already hurt before the match took place, he would have used a big hit to sell it, not embarrassing himself pounding the ground and having to stop because it did more damage. Would have made more sense to fly into the wall and sell it with that.

Kizza

Reaction score
This sounds pretty Blue. If he dislocated it before OTL, why the fuck would they even bother with the match and make him do serious moves that could have made it a lot worse? They could have just replaced the match with something else instead. Wasn't there a match a while ago that was replaced with another match? I forget who was fighting and what PPV it was (maybe a Morrison match?) but they changed the match because someone was hurt or something (yeah, I am bad at remembering this).

I know Orton and Edge are big names and they would want to keep the match in the PPV but it sounds careless to have one of your top guys fight and possibly hurt himself even more.

I don't know, this sounds a bit weird....

It would have just been popped back in. It still hurts a lot, but it's not impossible. Also, if it's a shorter amount of time, it can easily just pop back out.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
I think it wasn't that serious. Look if it was, he would have went for surgery immediately. The fact that for most of the match he looked alright until he smashed his hand against the floor meant that he could have competed with it and that's why he's still in Fatal 4 way. I think they'll just be more careful with him but doubt he'll miss time soon.

cynbitch

Reaction score
if he isnt that injured then why did he hold his arm when he attack edge in raw this monday night. it does show that hes injured but not that much

chessarmy

Reaction score
^ Not only that, but Orton took a flat back bump so his shoulder really had no impact, he was fine.

Also :laugh: at how Orton originally injured his shoulder