• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Shayon

Jobber
Reaction score
At this past Sunday's No Mercy PPV, John Cena and Roman Reigns faced each other in what was called as a Wrestlemania 'dream' match.
According to me, the match underdelivered, and what annoyed me to the core was that, in this 22 minute match, Vince McMahon's corporately created John Cena version 2.0 Roman Reigns kicked out of four AAs by Cena! What the hell was Vince thinking!
I know that they're building up both Lesnar and Reigns for Wrestlemania 34, but this shoving of Reigns being the company's top guy and he's really really strong down our throats is totally ridiculous.
I'm not against Reigns, but buy making him kick out of an AA, then a super - AA, and then a double AA, WWE ( read Vincy) actually took it too far, and instead of making Reigns look strong, all those kick outs made him look ridiculous and annoying as hell.
Also, Reigns finishing off with just one spear attempt hurt the match actually, in my opinion.
What do you guys think about this Reigns 'kicking out of a nuclear bomb' situation?
And also, what's your take on this match up? Was it too slow? Was the finish not upto the mark?
How would you rate this match.
Let the discussion begin.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
The match should of been saved for Mania. It certainly underdelivered. I feel like a build from Survivor Series of Team Smackdown (with Cena as the leader) vs Team Raw (with Roman as the leader) would of been a good starting point. Team Cena should go over in my opinion. Then Roman winning the Royal Rumble and Cena winning the Universal Title at the Royal Rumble so he could break his record..then ultimately pass the torch to Reigns at Wrestlemania.

Their feud could of been stretched out but it was pushed together so quickly for a throwaway PPV so Cena could go to Hollywood..thats what happened

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Vince wants Brock vs Roman for his main event at mania. Cena doesn’t want to headline mania or almost any other PPV anymore, not as the main match at least. Sure, he will help put guys over, but he doesn’t want the biggest spotlight every time anymore.

This match sucked though. It was underwhelming, nothing desperate or different, and it felt disjointed. It was a Cena spot fest, Roman kicked out of everything proving he’s the man, and then one Superman punch and spear ends the match. Boring.

When Cena fought Styles, the matches were good because AJ and Cena both seemed desperate at times and would pull out diff moves and pinning combos to try and beat each other. They seemed desperate and it was entertaining. None of this happened with Cena and reigns, which made it suck. It was Roman walking into the match with his lame ass persona, hitting non stop uppercuts, then it simply turned into a typical spot fest so Roman could kick out of everything Cena had. Lame as shit.

Wrasslemaniac

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
The match should of been saved for Mania. It certainly underdelivered. I feel like a build from Survivor Series of Team Smackdown (with Cena as the leader) vs Team Raw (with Roman as the leader) would of been a good starting point. Team Cena should go over in my opinion. Then Roman winning the Royal Rumble and Cena winning the Universal Title at the Royal Rumble so he could break his record..then ultimately pass the torch to Reigns at Wrestlemania.

Their feud could of been stretched out but it was pushed together so quickly for a throwaway PPV so Cena could go to Hollywood..thats what happened

Agree with this being the way they should have booked it. Wrestlemania is where you hand over the torch. Cena doing so at 34 would have been the better opportunity instead what they are hoping to achieve is to annoy the fanbase with Lesnar as champion to the point that they will accept Reigns winning the title at Mania

Reactions: Red Rain

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Roman Reigns is a fucking joke and I stopped watching his matches after
the booking team had him kick out of a brass knuckle shot to the face at
the Royal Rumble this year.

They couldn't even have Reigns drop the U.S title in a one on one match...
it had to be handicap match...which was also a fucking joke.

You think Reigns kicking out of multiple AA's was bad...just wait until
Wrestlemania 34 when he kicks out of multiple F-5's when it only took
one to put away Samoa Joe & Braun Strowman...both in matches that
lasted less than 10 minutes.

Everything about the way Roman has been booked has been pathetically
desperate...and I'm not buying it...and I never will.

Vince...this is not the 80's anymore and wrestling fans know too much
these days.

They don't want Roman...even if you do.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I understand that vince likes Roman... Alot, By the look/sound of things. But I do think he's going too over the top with the Reigns scenario. If I were Vince I would cool it down abit and maybe find someone else to shine the spotlight on for a few. People do Have their limits and when they get bored they either watch something else or as of lately they quit going to shows..

Last edited:
Reactions: collim1

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
How much more rediculious? Easy,

He can have him recite nursery rhymes... Nvm, already happenes...

Oh wait, he can pretend to be sylvester the cat... Oh wait...

I know! He can be booed out of three straight Wrestlemania Main even... Nope already happened.

Botch his lines... Nvm...

Give him a taunt that looks like he's fisting himself... Oh wait...

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
They can try to make him look as ridiculous as they want, but it won't work because Roman is probably the hardest working and possibly most talented guy on their roster, and only ends up seeming like more of a badass. They really need to give him the lead in a WWE Studios movie. And then fire him, so that he can go elsewhere and actually get to show all you butthurt internet nerds just how good he is, in a place where he's allowed to showcase his abilities. God, sometimes fickle WWE fans make me want to puke

Brother Loathe

Ah Loathe Yewwwwww
Reaction score
My only problem with him is that he's probably one of the worst people on the microphone and couldn't sell a kid to a paedophile.

But other than that he's good in-ring and a really believable heel, smart fans just don't like to get worked.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Beating Cena isn't as much of a big deal as people make it out to be. Over the past few years Cena's been putting guys over clean left, right and center. Bryan, Styles, Owens, Nakamura and the list will most likely go on. So having Reigns beat him the way he did, was pretty justifiable. Because after beating Triple H and the Undertaker in Mania main events (this is gonna trigger a lot of you) there is no going back.

Also, Reigns finishing off with just one spear attempt hurt the match actually, in my opinion.
there were 2 spears and 1 of them even went through a table. I don't get this tho. Kevin Owens beat Cena with only 2 pop-up powerbombs during the whole match too and nobody complained lol. Both Bryan and Nakamura only had to connect with their finishers once to put Cena away. The spear is so well protected, I don't think it really hurt Cena or his credibility. With Reigns and Goldberg, I think it's safe to say that the spear is probably the most protected finisher of the last year. Why are people still mad over people losing to it?

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Beating Cena isn't as much of a big deal as people make it out to be. Over the past few years Cena's been putting guys over clean left, right and center. Bryan, Styles, Owens, Nakamura and the list will most likely go on. So having Reigns beat him the way he did, was pretty justifiable. Because after beating Triple H and the Undertaker in Mania main events (this is gonna trigger a lot of you) there is no going back.

there were 2 spears and 1 of them even went through a table. I don't get this tho. Kevin Owens beat Cena with only 2 pop-up powerbombs during the whole match too and nobody complained lol. Both Bryan and Nakamura only had to connect with their finishers once to put Cena away. The spear is so well protected, I don't think it really hurt Cena or his credibility. With Reigns and Goldberg, I think it's safe to say that the spear is probably the most protected finisher of the last year. Why are people still mad over people losing to it?
To the spear point, I agree with you as it wasn’t just one spear that put Cena down. I think where people are more frustrated is that Cena hit 4 AA’s, and not just typical AA’s. He hit a normal one. A super AA, which I don’t think anyone has ever kicked out of before. Then 2 AA’s in a row back to back. Only to have reigns somehow power out. I mean if he can kick out of that shit, there’s not a man alive that can touch him.

They did all that, to have Cena fall to a spear through a table and a regular spear.

It just felt lobsided, I guess. I know he was putting reigns over, but I felt like it was too easy for him to beat Cena compared to what Cena was doing to him. But I see your point.

Reactions: SWL

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Lesnar has plowed through both his opponents so far, Samoa Joe and Braun Strowman went down with one F5 (ONE...ONE) and they were both built like very legitimate threats to Lesnar. Balor is probably next, I'd bet all my schmeckles that the end game is to have Reigns not only kick out after like five F5's but to ultimately end Lesnar's current win streak. Not only will that make him champion but it'll make him look unbeatable considering the men who couldn't beat Lesnar...especially when those men are gawd damn Samoa Joe and Strowman.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Roman Reigns is a fucking joke and I stopped watching his matches after
the booking team had him kick out of a brass knuckle shot to the face at
the Royal Rumble this year.

They couldn't even have Reigns drop the U.S title in a one on one match...
it had to be handicap match...which was also a fucking joke.

You think Reigns kicking out of multiple AA's was bad...just wait until
Wrestlemania 34 when he kicks out of multiple F-5's when it only took
one to put away Samoa Joe & Braun Strowman...both in matches that
lasted less than 10 minutes.

Everything about the way Roman has been booked has been pathetically
desperate...and I'm not buying it...and I never will.

Vince...this is not the 80's anymore and wrestling fans know too much
these days.

They don't want Roman...even if you do.

[HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG]