How many times have you "lost your passion"?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
Never and I think its because of how I look at it. I take it for what it is and I try to find the good in it even when its the shits. And I dont get overly critical of the product I watch....

No, why are you laughing, I dont....

No really, STOP LAUGHING....I dont!! No I try very hard to let little things slip by because, in the end they dont mean anything. If a guy botches, I might make fun of him but it doesnt "ruin the match" for me. I think "lose your passion" is the wrong term. That implies you have a long term vested interest in wrestling, and unless youre in the business, you really shouldnt be that devoted to it. I like wrestling as much as the next guy, but if I have a chance to get laid or see a favorite band play a gig, HA, im out.

D-K-L

Reaction score
How many times have I lost my passion? never. Wrestling has been a part of me ever since mid-april 1999 (wow.. 10 years of being a WWE Fan? amazing!)

straight_edge76

Well i've been into wrestling my entire life. But there was a time in mid-to late 2001. I lost cable and thus my "interest" but around Survivor Series 2001, or whichever one had the Invasion angle, I think it was 2001. I was back into it, a huge HHH fan at the time, when he won the Rumble I marked out, I was like 11. Then again it happened in early 2006 until about Wrestlemania, it wasn't that I didn't like it it was just I was to busy. The same happened in the SPring of 2008. But for the most part I have always been a fan of wrestling.

noumenon

I think the only time I really lost interest was back when I first got into high school when I was around 14 till around 16. I would still sparatically keep tabs via the internet or whatever but at that age I had completely different shit on my mind. I was chasing girls and getting really heavy into playing music and all that stuff. Since then I've pretty much stayed with it.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Around the time Orton had his first reign. I knew what was going on but I just wasn't watching. I honestly don't remember much of Evolution's run except when Batista had to choose between RAW and SD!

xX???Xx

Reaction score
When I first started watching it in late 2007 I almost quit right after because of the stupid illigetimate child storyline with vince and hornswoggle

WarMachine

Reaction score
Watched it religiously from 1996 till early 2007 but I got married in 2007, so I really only keep up with it via the internet.... I seriously think in 2 years i've seen SD! 3 times (I don't have cable so RAW is a no no) However I do still wish I could watch it I just don't have the time anymore I'm always gone when it's on.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
IDK, but one incident that almost killed any interest I had in the WWE:

The Rock tossed (a dummy) Stone Cold off of a fucking bridge! That shit damn near killed it for me.

But I've never stopped watching wrestling. I think what keeps it fresh enough is the veterans, and the fact that some guy grew with an older generation, and he can give his all in the current generation, and you see someone in the now who you just know will be great later.

Plus I love turning on old tapes and seeing Scott Hall team with Curt Hennig, and just how these guys have an entirely different persona and look, gives you a greater respect for what they've done in the entire industry.

deeman007

Reaction score
Never really comment but here's my story.

Im 23 and I remember waking up early every saturday morning to watch wwf in the early 90's. I didn't have cable during that period but my uncle did and he was heavily into WCW and WWF in the 90's. I would go to his house and he would have a huge VHS collection of PPV's he had recorded. So I would borrow them and watch what I didnt get a chance to see.

About 95-96 the original ECW used to come on at about 2am and in Philly that was like the #1 thing to talk about. Outside of this little bingo hall used to be packed every week, it was crazy out there. But during that time I did have cable with tapped premium channels meaning FREE PPV's. So I used to watch every PPV and switch back and forth from Nitro to Raw from around 95-00. I was so addicted to wrestling on Monday Nights.

In 2000 I was a sophomore in High School and I just completely just stopped watching it. I was more into being in the streets, partying, hanging out, sports etc. For about 4-5 years I couldn't tell you anything about what was going on. I was shocked when I found out WCW and ECW was now part of WWF/WWE.

Got back into it about 06 but only occasionally. For a year now I have regained my passion for wrestling even though it's so garbage compared to how it used to be.

Travis40

I lost intrest in WWE in Mid 2007 as soon as Khali won the World Title...that pretty much killed the WWE for me, and I hated TNA (still do), so I was stuck without wrestling until Khali lost the belt, and it still took a couple of months to get me to fully watch again.

Dre

Reaction score
I haven't watched WWE or TNA since October '08 around the time HHH was the WWE Champion. I was planning on getting back into wrestling right after WrestleMania 25. So that way I can catch up on what's going on.

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
Let's see. I started watching wrestling via my late great grandmother back in or around 1978.

Then I loved it all the way up to around 90-92.

Then I lost interest for about a year or so and then the attitude era hit along with the WCW/WWF wars and DX and I got back into it.

Next I lost interest again after Austin left and in the 2000 time frame when WWE bought WCW.

Every since then, I have been on and off and not until this latest thing with Orton coming up and HHH and the McMahons came back into the picture; not until then have I even came close to the times of the attitude era when I was really into it. Lately, it has been more on and off.