How many more wrestlers will request release or outright quit?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Tye Dillinger, Luke Harper, Mike Kanellis, Sin Cara, who's next?

It seems like it is walk-out season now that AEW gives wrestlers the opportunity to work elsewhere and do what they love without being under the thumb of Vince McMahon. I am not sure how many will actually leave but I do know they are trying to lock people into contracts a lot faster than just a few years ago.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
now that AEW gives wrestlers the opportunity to work elsewhere
It is only a select few that can work elsewhere mainly Jericho, Moxley, and Janela to name three, and also just like WWE if they work elsewhere then are for sure going to win because they don't want their talent to lose in other promotions, for example, Riho has yet lost a match in Stardom and the ones she did "loss" in her tag partner was pinned and not her thus protecting her.

Also, if a lot of wrestlers go to AEW then you create the same problem with WWE. An overstack roster with talent, but only a few getting pushed just like WWE. I think many will ask for their release and not get it, but I highly doubt anyone just outright "quits".

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I just hope all the other companies is on the alert in this case.

They need to seize the opportunity to when these contracts expire(If anytime soon).

If this, horrible booking, and the Saudi Arabia transportation problem doesn't show McMahon that he no longer has what it takes to satisfy everyone then nothing will.

These superstars have every right to leave because the business is going nowhere nowadays. You can book them over seas all you want but your ratings will still fall

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Why not ALL Quit WWE and Go somewhere else of much use. I swear, Its like now a days, WWE is made for younger generation. Its def NOT like it was way back when it was PG-13. Why can't they just bring back that type of Charisma again?

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
You have to wonder how many of them are merely using it as a bargaining chip though, or some other form of getting themselves into better situations within the company. Orton trolled the hell out of everyone not too long ago with that whole "going to AEW tease" thing, and then he signs another long term contract with WWE. It's Orton, so I mean who knows whether he was trolling or trying to get more money to stay in the WWE or what. Harper got a slight push upon his return, Revival got to hold the Tag belts for a minute, etc. So many others have been rumored to be unhappy or trying to leave, but with the amount of rumors that constantly get spread in the wrestling world, nothing should really be believed until someone's contract is actually up (or they go ahead and try to quit via a Twitter video xD).

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
You have to wonder how many of them are merely using it as a bargaining chip though, or some other form of getting themselves into better situations within the company. Orton trolled the hell out of everyone not too long ago with that whole "going to AEW tease" thing, and then he signs another long term contract with WWE. It's Orton, so I mean who knows whether he was trolling or trying to get more money to stay in the WWE or what. Harper got a slight push upon his return, Revival got to hold the Tag belts for a minute, etc. So many others have been rumored to be unhappy or trying to leave, but with the amount of rumors that constantly get spread in the wrestling world, nothing should really be believed until someone's contract is actually up (or they go ahead and try to quit via a Twitter video xD).
Orton was just trolling to troll...we all know he wasn't going to AEW

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Well, as previously discussed Jordan Myles quit WWE, and now Oney Lorcan has asked for his release aswell, though WWE as of this moment has yet to comment on the matter or decide weither they will let Oney Lorcan go, chances are though they wont. Notably The Brian Kendrick announced he is taking a leave of absence for personal reasons.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Luke Harper left?

Here's the thing - you will always have employees that aren't happy with their position in the company and want to leave elsewhere to make the big bucks. The only people who I see leaving out of principle moreso than money was Jericho wanting to help AEW grow, Moxley getting upset with creative, Punk feeling like he was being screwed over despite being (at the time) the Best in the World in WWE, and now Sin Cara for good lucha thing reasons.