How far can Punk and Bryan take WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
CM Punk is the WWE Champion. Daniel Bryan is the former world champion and current #1 contender for Punk's title. How far can these two men take WWE? they are known for their time in RoH as two of the best. It's an internet fans dream match. It's gonna happen Sunday with the title on the line. If these two get into a huge rivalry, will it bring WWE fans back. These are two of the best. I think if all the cards are played right, Punk and Bryan can have a four month rivalry and gain some viewers back. What do you think?

Enforcer

Reaction score
Man this has so much potential, just watched a Punk Vs. Danielson match from RoH a couple days ago and these two are limitless... it just depends on how much throttle control WWE puts on them... it's like the old ECW guys... when they were in that atmosphere they were great, but the watered down WWE version made people sick, yet wanting more... I say it will be great if they let them be the stars they were for once instead of the stars they are trying to create.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Man this has so much potential, just watched a Punk Vs. Danielson match from RoH a couple days ago and these two are limitless... it just depends on how much throttle control WWE puts on them... it's like the old ECW guys... when they were in that atmosphere they were great, but the watered down WWE version made people sick, yet wanting more... I say it will be great if they let them be the stars they were for once instead of the stars they are trying to create.

Yeah that'd be a good idea. Wwe needs to stop changing people

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
There really doesn't seem to be any huge rivalries anymore, at least in the WWE. Or maybe it's no more long-term rivalries? It just seems that once the WWE gets two stars fired up against each other, they have a 2 - 3 PPV quota before they ditch the story and move both wrestlers on to something else. And with PPVs happening once or twice a month, feuds go by fast. It's like the writers think the WWE Universe has Wrestling ADD.

So while I love Punk and Bryan and think they could easily spend the next year or more beating the crap out of each other and keeping it interesting the whole time, and believe that a massive feud between them could draw the disillusioned internet fan back into the fold, I have no faith in the WWE to keep that ball rolling.

Sole Survivor

Reaction score
No long-term rivalries are just something special nowadays. Like The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and Triple H trilogy. If there was even one more long story like that running, I think the special feel would be taken out of Taker, Shawn and Hunter's story. Just a little bit, but anyways. Daniel Bryan and CM Punk can do something great. Their match was awesome on Sunday. They have their past and their promo acts are just tremendous now, plus they have the AJ dynamic so that's some fire to the story. I believe they can clash until Summerslam and maybe beyond that if WWE will let them.