How does Punk Jericho continue after Extreme Rules?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
To me this really feels like a second act type deal I don't think the feud has hit it's peak yet and think we'll see a third match. How do you see it continuing.

The easiest way is to have Jericho pick up the win. But if Jericho loses he'd almost have to win the third bout if it still happened or youve severely weakened someone you could/should be using to build talent.

But how would you continue it? As I said I think Jericho wins he wins the feud becomes about Punk proving himself that he's not drunk (or can sober back up) and redeem himself. Redemption stories are usually really good.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Like I just put in the shoutbox, Jericho HAS to win this match otherwise in my eyes the feud is totally done. He lost in the Elimination Chamber, WrestleMania and for arguments sake Extreme Rules aswell. He's insulted all of Punks family and even drenched him in alcohol a couple of weeks so unless Jericho does something shocking like attacking Punk's family (which Fab suggested) i've no reason to believe he can get the upperhand on Punk in anyway possible.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't really count the elimination chamber as part of their feud, considering Jericho was wanting to take out others in the match for copying him as well. Their Mania match was the full opening match in their feud imo. I do see the feud continuing for one more singles match, because to be honest I don't see much else for Jericho as of yet.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I agree Prod Elimination Chamber was a kickoff I mean can you really count a match that Jericho didn't lose and laid on the outside of the ring half the match as that I still think were on match 2 of a 3 ppv arc. I do agree if Jericho doesn't win it gets murky at best because then whats it about for punk he's proven himself twice short of stealing his girl (which he doesnt have on air) what would cause a third round.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I think the fued has to end at Extreme Rules regardless of who wins. Sure, Jericho winning would provide an objective reason for the fued to continue, but where the hell can it go from here?

I've been enjoying this rvialry, which is why I think it should end Extreme Rules while the fued has a genuine, strong passion involved between the two before things get a bit stale. Maybe that's cutting the fued short and its probable the two could surprise me, but that shorten length would be made up by the depth and natural progression the fued had.

Regarding who walks away with the title at Extreme Rules? I'll be happy either way but I think it would benefit Punk a lot more going forward if he kept the belt. Jericho could go on to fued with virtually anyone.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think Punk should keep the belt and the feud should end at Extreme Rules. I wouldn't mind Jericho with the belt, but he's at the age where he shouldn't be winning the championships, but letting other guys do it while getting them over.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Feud needs to end, as much as I want Jericho winning the belt. He probably won't with his Fozzy tour coming up over the summer.

CM's had the belt for ages, if Jericho isn't going to beat him then who will? I don't think I'm prepared to see a Lord Tensai Title Run just yet.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
To me there isn't any real reason for this feud to keep going past this match but if need be you could make Jericho have a darker aspect to his character and he actually goes after Punk's fam, use black mailing tactics, etc. I think after seeing the belt get passed around it is important to keep this stable title run going. In part because of something very simple that Kevin Nash said recently on how you keep the belt on Punk keep him strong for months and months and use him to make a heel by dropping to whoever that heel may be. For now no reason to take the belt off Punk let alone to someone who doesn't need it, won't gain anything from it and would just be a transitional reign rather than a reign that could put somebody over once he dropped it to a face.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I've been predicting a Jericho win here since before Mania but I'm starting to doubt the logic on that. I think this feud can only go further if Punk is actually caught drinking and that both won't and shouldn't happen so Punk wins and it ends here.

Vivido

Reaction score
I hope that this fued carrys on and Punk ends up coming out to the ring clearly pissed off his head(that will test his acting skills)

Jericho laughs at him blah blah amazing promo after amazing promo, Punk goes into full denial mode, turns into a darker CM Punk character in full tweener mode, only for it later to be revealed that somehow Chris spiked Punks drink with out him knowing.

I dunno exactly how they would pull this off, but if they think of some way it would be awesome.

Also, and I've said it before, I don't think this fued needs the title belt. Perhaps Punk will have to defend agaisnt Tensai next, since he just pinned Cena on behalf of Johnny Ace.

rcoot93

Reaction score
I think Pink should win here and end the feud theres plenty of guys for Jericho to have matches with and he can easily stay a top guy even if he loses a few matches

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I agree that Jericho needs to get this win otherwise all is lost in this feud. If Jericho wanted to attack his family, just make Colt Cabana the father and let him take some punches and alcohol to the face. I'd mark out.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Like i said before

1. Jericho spits beer in his eyes, Codebreaker 1-2-3 Jericho wins the title and they do an angle that punk is blind for the next couple of weeks return match at the next ppv and Punk wins the title back.

2. As Punk celebrates after the match Jericho punches his father or sister and runs off.

3. Have Steph interfere in the match causing Jericho to win which leads to all different stuff they could do.

If non of these things happen then feud is over and i and it's time for Henry/Punk fuck Albert getting a title shot already. And Jericho can feud with Orton because Orton is the one that put him out.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Like most have said, Jericho will need to win this match if the feud is to continue. And since it's Extreme Rules, there's no cheap way to continue the feud without Jericho winning the title (like Punk or Jericho picking up a W via count-out or DQ)

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Jericho Orton would be pretty awesome because it gives Orton a feud where he can finally an elite worker. I love Barrett but he's still not great in the ring. When was the last time Orton feuded with someone that can work? It was probably Christian which was an incredible feud. I'd love to see a Jericho Orton feud and then a match at No Way Out (I'll be there live hopefully).