• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

How did you get in to wrestling?

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
My parents watched wrestling every week (mostly my dad). When I started watching it, Piper had just left for Hollywood, so, I didn't know who he was (or at least didn't know him very well). My favorites at the time were Ricky Steamboat and the Junkyard Dog. When Piper returned, well, that was pretty much it for me, instant favorite of all time.

My mom will watch old school wrestling (she still likes it) whenever we visit her and put on the WWE Network, but, otherwise, she doesn't care for anything now. My dad still watches wrestling every week, he just thinks WWE has become fucking dumb (he's not wrong imo) so I introduced him to AEW a few weeks ago and he loved it.

There was never a time I stopped watching wrestling. I have always watched WWF/WWE since the first day it graced my eyes, no matter how bad it ever got. I dabble in other wrestling promotions as well, WWF/WWE just took my wrestling virginity so it will always have a special place in my heart. I miss the old days with Saturday Night's Main Event and Superstars (the classics, not the shit that came back). There's something in my eye, brb.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
My Dad always watched it when he was drunk and found it on. I know I probably watched a lot of New Generation stuff but my first real memory was when The Giant won the WCW Title from Hogan. My Dad with that black box gettin' all the shows for free just like I download everythin' now. God damn.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Started watching as a kid as early as 2002, my elder brothers were bigger wrestling fans and lived through the Monday Night Wars, while I was born three days after the nWo was formed. We had WCW/nWo Revenge and WWF War Zone for the N64 and those were my introduction to wrestling in the video game form. The earliest memory I remember vividly is Stone Cold chasing Vince with the ATV. But as stated in the Benoit thread, it was WrestleMania XX that made me a wrestling fan for life.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Very much like everyone else it's a family tradition like Sports in my family or should I say was once a family tradition. My Mother has told me she used to put me back the TV when I was a baby during the Rock and Wrestling days and it was the time where I would be the most quiet, and even now I'm at peace when I watch Wrestling and my love for it will never stop. Personally with me I started remembering watching Wrestling around the late 80's early 90s. I vaguely remember Ric Flair who is a top fav of mine talking about Sting and how he only gets those teen boppers as fans and you know the rest of stuff Flair likes to say in Interviews. I saw that guy with the money he had and look he had of course you want to be well off in life like that, but you find out as you get older money doesn't create happiness. My Dad and Mom pretty much tagged out when it comes to Wrestling towards the end of the Attitude Era and now I'm the only one who carries the banner that hopefully if I'm blessed with kids that I can past that love to as well.

Last edited:

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
I vaguely remember watching some of it back in the early 90s, but I didn’t really get into until around 1998 when a neighbor told me to check out Nitro that night and I saw the nWo lay someone out and then spray paint their back. For a little while after that I was a WCW fan only until I decided to check out Raw one night and saw a guy by the name of Stone Cold Steve Austin, and from then on I was completely hooked and haven’t looked back since.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
I vaguely remember watching some of it back in the early 90s, but I didn’t really get into until around 1998 when a neighbor told me to check out Nitro that night and I saw the nWo lay someone out and then spray paint their back. For a little while after that I was a WCW fan only until I decided to check out Raw one night and saw a guy by the name of Stone Cold Steve Austin, and from then on I was completely hooked and haven’t looked back since.

Two little stories about that I probably embraced the NWO attitude a little too much for my Parents liking one time. I had gotten some Spray Paint and painted NWO in the back of our home when I was a little kid just cause. Sometimes you just do stuff as a kid and not understand the consequences of what happens next, and boy did I get one horrible ass whopping from my Mom from that. It was crazy in 97 or 98 I had that Austin half of his face/half skull Shirt and legit got into trouble for rocking it. It's not the type of Clothing kids were wearing around that time and it wasn't too long before I wasn't the only kid around my area embracing the attitude era. Hot box city.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
I couldn't tell you what got me hooked, or any of that. I just know my dad watched it, I watched with him. I got videos of me where I'm like 3 and 4 and I clearly already watched it because I was talking about Macho Man and trying to beat my dad up who I said was Hogan lol. So I mean I've been watching it since before I can truly remember.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
My Mum has watched wrestling for a long time, she watched it before I was born (plus she dated a wrestler before she met my Dad). So wrestling has always been around in my house. My Uncle and my Grandma watched too, so it's a wrestling family :D

They'd always discuss it when we went to my Grandma's house and I wanted in so I watched the 1998 Royal Rumble with my Mum and the rest is history. My Mum is my wrestling buddy - we watch all the weekly shows, the PPVs and go to shows together. I've been to 6 Manias, 2 Summerslams, a myriad of Raws/Smackdowns/NXT Takeovers and local indy shows with her over the years. She likes the same wrestlers as me but her overall faves are Roman and Drew, but she likes Mox and Seth as well.

I was WWE only at first, but I've branched out recently thanks to Mox.

(btw I discovered Mox thanks to FCW, his feud with Seth was one of the first major things I saw from him)

Last edited: