Houston Shooting Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Rain said:
Each of them are different... different motives, different circumstances. As the NRA says, the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

And there never seems to be anyone with a gun when these shootings happen.

Seriously, what happened to self defense?

Bobby Ray

Jobber
Reaction score
Scott "AIDS" Hall said:
I think the smaller the govt we have, the better. I think there should be taxation of drugs and legalization above a certain age (most likely still 21+) with DUI stances for being under use, as well as i dont give a shit about gun control as long as the process is up to protocol. I dont care if you have a 30 shot clip or a 6clip, if you are a law-abiding citizen (what a horrible term) you have the right to own firearms, especially for your protection...i dont believe removing guns from the situation will honestly save any lives.

My question was about your opinion on gun control, and you start spitting shit about the legalization of drugs... We are talking about guns. You don't think removing guns -- the weapon that kills so many of Americans -- will save any lives? What other weapon could have caused the same damage that the Connecticut shooting received? What other weapon could kill so many children in such a short period of time?

You say you have the right to own multiple fire-arms, and you are right sort of, but what right is there to own multiple semi-automatic assault rifles with lethal magazines?

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
leojay said:
And there never seems to be anyone with a gun when these shootings happen.

Seriously, what happened to self defense?

This is what i meant, crayon. I dont think taking guns away from people who legally obtain them is going to save any extra lives. I guess last night will have to be the last time i chill on the forums while gaming, shit got real real, real fast.

Do you honestly think removing the guns will make them disappear? Where do they go? The answer most likely is something along the lines of the fast and the furious CIA operation, and use of comparison between the war on drugs and the war on firearms is reasonable at the very least. We live in two completely different countries, and having "family in Chicago" means as much as me saying i know people from the UK from being on this forum.

Lethal magazines? :lol1: i am pretty sure when firing a gun against an attacker, the plan is to put them down and out. Your issue is you assume every criminal has a gun, and keep forgetting the fact that law-abiding citizens should be allowed to own and keep whatever they want, as it is their responsibility after ownership. I think an adult should be entitled to own/do whatever they want as long as it doesnt have a negative effect on the lives of someone else. Drugs, seatbelts, guns, anything really.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Champ Johnson said:
[size=x-small]i dont believe [/size]removing guns [size=x-small]from the situation[/size] will honestly save any lives.

It truly blows my mind that anyone can think this way.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Aids, your theory of letting anyone have anything they want as long as they are an adult is outdated, dangerous and simply irresponsible in my opinion. I am all for freedom, but I wouldn't want to raise my kids on a street where everyone has lethal semi-automatic assault rifles, no thank you. I don't give a damn about your outdated 2nd amendment, that is damn right stupid. Your reasoning behind it is pretty much "as long as they don't abuse it", that's living in a fairy tale world my friend. For example, the guy who shot everyone in Connecticut was a mentally challenged loner, but no one picked that up. He didn't even need to buy the guns himself - which he could have done easily - as there were 6 semi-automatic rifles in his household. It's a pretty dangerous world when you can get up, feel depressed, feel like ending your life but giving the world the finger first by taking out multiple people including children without any hurdles to overcome first.

"Do you honestly think removing the guns will make them disappear?" - No one in this thread has ever suggested that. No one who is against your gun laws has ever stated that every gun will be banished, I STILL think you have no idea what we are arguing for and against here. Please, reply to me with some reasoning behind anyone being able to possess semi-automatic rifles. Explain to me how having teachers and armed police officers in every single school is the answer to your current gun crisis, a crisis that is resulting in many many innocent lives being ended unnecessarily. Please, knowing all of this, explain to me how the one constant in those scenarios (the gun) has NO effect on whether people live or die (which is what the statement I quoted basically means).

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Crayo said:
A Google search would suffice.

So I did a Google search and apparently you're a smurf :/

I didn't say it! Google did!

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I marked when I saw La Parka in your sig :pity1:

:lol1: endless wrestling knowledge from the great one, thank god for google. :maybe:

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Aids, your theory of letting anyone have anything they want as long as they are an adult is outdated, dangerous and simply irresponsible in my opinion. I am all for freedom, but I wouldn't want to raise my kids on a street where everyone has lethal semi-automatic assault rifles, no thank you. I don't give a damn about your outdated 2nd amendment, that is damn right stupid. Your reasoning behind it is pretty much "as long as they don't abuse it", that's living in a fairy tale world my friend. For example, the guy who shot everyone in Connecticut was a mentally challenged loner, but no one picked that up. He didn't even need to buy the guns himself - which he could have done easily - as there were 6 semi-automatic rifles in his household. It's a pretty dangerous world when you can get up, feel depressed, feel like ending your life but giving the world the finger first by taking out multiple people including children without any hurdles to overcome first.

"Do you honestly think removing the guns will make them disappear?" - No one in this thread has ever suggested that. No one who is against your gun laws has ever stated that every gun will be banished, I STILL think you have no idea what we are arguing for and against here. Please, reply to me with some reasoning behind anyone being able to possess semi-automatic rifles. Explain to me how having teachers and armed police officers in every single school is the answer to your current gun crisis, a crisis that is resulting in many many innocent lives being ended unnecessarily. Please, knowing all of this, explain to me how the one constant in those scenarios (the gun) has NO effect on whether people live or die (which is what the statement I quoted basically means).

Have to work again, and have some friends in town, which took my reply time away yesterday, ill hit some facts and other shit up later, and then i guess im done with this thread. I think we differ in our opinions because you think big brother needs to hold people back, and i think people have the right to themselves and ownership of things like guns (assault rifles, shotguns, hell even grenades and the etc) and that is how it will be, since the UK =/= the US.

Will post statistics of assault rifle cases, times where self defense has saved lives (recent school shooting not huge in news) and reasons why we have a justice system to prosecute the people who abuse the right to have guns, drugs, etc. You might be sleeping, im running on 3 hours sleep in 2 days. Damn out of town visitors.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Champ Johnson said:
I think we differ in our opinions because you think big brother needs to hold people back hours sleep in 2 days. Damn out of town visitors.

I hate it when people resort to assumptions and nonsense like this during debates. It's like me saying "I guess we differ in our opinions because you have a fetish for seeing children die via crazy idiots with assault rifles", I know you don't, I just completely disagree with your opinion.

"and i think people have the right to themselves and ownership of things like guns (assault rifles, shotguns, hell even grenades and the etc) and that is how it will be, since the UK =/= the US." - Jesus Christ that's dangerous and if I was an American I would be damn right pleased that someone like you isn't running the country. That isn't "how it would be" and the UK has nothing to do with this debate at all, the only thing you can say about the UK is is that we only have 8 deaths a year by gunfire. For a country that shares your capitalistic beliefs, that's a drastically lower number than the 10,000+ in America.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Posing more questions in a diatribe to answer one question is a great response, and I could sit here and respond with a filibuster to any topic. This thread is just going in circles though, so i'm checking out.