Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Glen's death is probably the best in the series, just a shame Johnny Depp had to die :sadbecky I really love the parts where he's in the movie, you wouldn't have guessed it was his first ever role.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I guess I gotta watch it at some point.

Edit: I do think there are quite a bit of solid remakes that have come out in the last 10 years or so. They still feel like cash grabs but it seems like at least most of the scripts are bein' written by folks who generally loved the series' growin' up.

Go in with an open mind and you'll probably enjoy the remake. The performances are actually really solid. The new Freddy isn't even bad either. Hard to go up against Robert Englund but he at least tries to put his own spin on it.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Glen's death is probably the best in the series, just a shame Johnny Depp had to die :sadbecky I really love the parts where he's in the movie, you wouldn't have guessed it was his first ever role.

I don't know but isn't Glenn yelling for his Mom to help save him which is why she's the first one to see what happened in his Room? No matter how tough we are in our lives we all Prince, and Princess in our Parents minds or the people who raised us and I imagine alot of us would of been screaming the same thing hoping for any person to save us in that moment :tocry

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I'm rewatching Scary Movie and it still makes me laugh as much as I did when I was younger. I still think 1-3 are the GOAT parody movies. It was before they really started to milk them and it lost some of its luster.

It's so ridiculous. As soon as she grabs the banana instead of the gun you know you're in for an hilarious time and I love every minute of it.

JZ3ZhG4.gif

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Second Doc I've watched tonight on the Elm Street Franchise. It was said that they were multiple endings to the original Nightmare on Elm Street and I like what we got in the end because you see that Freddy lost one battle but the War isn't finished just yet. You don't see Nancy till the third one and by that time you wanna know what happened to her. In my perfect World what we saw Wes Craven's New Nightmare it's an alternate Universe involving Nancy that Freddy is a joke rather than someone to be feared and our Freddy somehow found her Universe and saw Nancy and wanted to get even on her at all costs. Yeah that is where my head goes with that Film even though I'm wrong still it would be cool if that was the case.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Never Sleep Again is possibly my favourite documentary of all time @HoHo Kimura it's literally them deep diving the movies for like 7 hours and explaining every in and out. How could you not love it. I loved hearing some of Wes Craven's real experiences that inspired Freddy.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
watched
No one gets out alive
The chestnut man

both a netflix. good shit

• Love

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Never Sleep Again is possibly my favourite documentary of all time @HoHo Kimura it's literally them deep diving the movies for like 7 hours and explaining every in and out. How could you not love it. I loved hearing some of Wes Craven's real experiences that inspired Freddy.

Yeah I'm halfway through it around the time they are starting to talk about Dream Warriors. I decided to cut it out there because I wanna watch Freddy's Revenge and boy did they tear into that Film. It's pretty terrifying to think their were really people who passed away violently in their sleep and they never found out what happened to them.

I wish I would of had my Room looking like Jesse's Room my Mom didn't play around with such things. All she had to do to us kids is give us that death scare and we moved and did things she told us to do ha. Kim Myers sure in hell does look like Meryl Streep they look like Twins for sure.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Freddy's Revenge is the second one right? I watched it the other night, it's not that bad. I like the serious Freddy tone but the rest of the movie is super camp. It's a very weird movie but I like they tried to do a bunch of fresh things.

Freddy's Dead is one of my unpopular takes in the Nightmare franchise. I feel it's purely for nostalgic reasons but it is up there with my favourites. The dream sequences are over-the-top and I love it. Freddy is so cartoonish in that one and I feel like you either love it or hate it.

ce7e6ebe34c2235c19a8407ed77d499f.jpg

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Freddy's Revenge is the second one right? I watched it the other night, it's not that bad. I like the serious Freddy tone but the rest of the movie is super camp. It's a very weird movie but I like they tried to do a bunch of fresh things.

Freddy's Dead is one of my unpopular takes in the Nightmare franchise. I feel it's purely for nostalgic reasons but it is up there with my favourites. The dream sequences are over-the-top and I love it. Freddy is so cartoonish in that one and I feel like you either love it or hate it.

ce7e6ebe34c2235c19a8407ed77d499f.jpg

I'm too pooped I'm just going to watch Dream Warriors tomorrow after work because I'm getting home early. As for Freddy's Revenge it's solid I commend them for doing something different with Jesse but I see what Freddy was doing why didn't he just do that in the film film. Also why attack Jesse yes he's in Nancy home but go look for Nancy. The Pool Party to me still doesn't sit well with me at all that is not Freddy. He works in your dreams and the shadows not just front of tons of people like that. It's funny though him coming from the floor and saying hello to the kids it's funny and comical it's hard to take it seriously even though our two heroes performing strong during that portion of the film.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Yea, I don't really like the pool party scene either. It has one of Freddy's best lines but seeing him out in the real world not very Nightmare feeling. I like when he's invading people's dreams as it is what Freddy is all about after all. Wes Craven actually said this in the documentary and I agree with him. I feel like it's least Freddy feeling movie of the franchise because there isn't a ton of dream scenes.

Funnily enough it's probably why I love the opening part with the bus so much, as that is one of the high points of the movie and it's a dream. Did you ever notice this too?

d80b170ce0dd889ff7728daf3dd334f1.jpg

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I have this friend I have movie nights with once a month maybe, we have half a dozen of good craft beers and watch three or four movies in the evening. I suggested we have a Halloween night this time and watch The Descent and Howling. He's picking the other two movies.
Howling was the first horrorovie I saw when I was about 8. Scared the crap out of me. Still holds a soft spot to this day.

Reactions: Y2Jayne

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I think what the NOES series needs now is a prequel about Freddy's life(yes, his murders and child molestin' even though I think the child molestin' got removed from his lore). I never watched the remake.
The best way to watch the remake is don't. It sucked so bad and the guy portraying Freddy sucked.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
The best way to watch the remake is don't. It sucked so bad and the guy portraying Freddy sucked.

Well Jesus Wang Chung let him decide for himself :lol

^Also yeah Fourth Wall yeah I noticed that you know Freddy is up to no good driving that Bus.

PS. The guy WC is Jackie Earle Haley he played Rorschach in the Watchmen Film as well as Bad News Bears run which I loved as a kid.

Last edited:

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Well Jesus Wang Chung let him decide for himself

^Also yeah Fourth Wall yeah I noticed that you know Freddy is up to no good driving thab Su.
Sorry man. I watched it once and couldn't stomach to watch it again.

Of all the remakes/reboots in order of the main 3. The Nightmare was rhe worst. Halloween is the best and with a new one coming very soon I can't wait and the Friday the 13th one was decent but that Nightmare one just needs burned to the ground and not even mentioned.

England says he is up for one more they better get on it.