Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
@Jimmy King Imagine? :mark:

Man I really hope all those names end up being in it. Goth, Isaac & Garfield sounds like a literal dream trio.

Guillermo-del-Toro-Oscar-Isaac-Andrew-Garfield-and-Mia-Goth.jpg

Guillermo del Toro is reportedly working on his own adaptation of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein for Netflix, and Deadline brings us some exciting (potential) casting news this week.

According to the site’s sources, Mia Goth (Pearl), Oscar Isaac (“Moon Knight”) and Andrew Garfield (The Amazing Spider-Man) are all in early talks to potentially come on board.

Deadline notes in this afternoon’s exclusive report, “Insiders close to the pic caution that del Toro is still working on the script and no formal offers have given to any actors. But sources add that he has met with all three and each is on board to star.”

Del Toro is writing and directing Frankenstein for Netflix, with his specific approach completely under wraps at this time. We’ll keep you posted as we learn more about the project.

Back in 2018, Guillermo del Toro won four Academy Awards for The Shape of Water, essentially his own unique take on the Creature from the Black Lagoon. With Frankenstein up next, it would seem he’s building his very own army of Universal Monsters.

Take that, Dark Universe.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
MV5BODAwYjJhNTctYzA3Ny00YTYxLWE3YmEtM2FjNDdlNWJmMmU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Watched The Changeling today, and god damn is it a great movie, peak George C. Scott as usual.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Anybody see this one coming? :lol

Kim-Kardashian.jpg

Kim Kardashian is adding yet another item to her ever-growing resume: the reality star turned businesswoman is joining Season 12 of “American Horror Story.”

Kardashian made the announcement Monday on her Instagram account, posting a teaser video with eerie music, along with the eyeball and blood drop emojis as her cryptic caption.

The video posted by Kardashian says that she will be joining “American Horror Story” regular Emma Roberts in the 12th season, which is coming this summer. Kardashian’s video reveals that the upcoming season of Ryan Murphy’s anthology series will be called “Delicate.”

Roberts also posted the same video with the caption, “This summer…Kim and I are DELICATE.”

Kardashian did not include any details about her character or the season. FX confirmed Kardashian’s casting to Variety, but did not elaborate any further.

A representative for Murphy tells Variety that Kardashian has a lead role in Season 12 of “American Horror Story.” The character was crafted specifically for her.

Halley Feiffer, who has penned episodes on “American Horror Story” and “American Crime Story,” will write all episodes and serve as showrunner on the 12th season.

Kardashian has been a TV star for over 15 years, starring on E!’s “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” and now Hulu’s “The Kardashians,” but she has rarely dipped her toe into the acting pool. She has a series of voice acting animation credits and has played herself with cameos on sitcoms ranging from “How I Met Your Mother” to “30 Rock” and “2 Broke Girls,” and most recently, “Ocean’s 8.” But she has had a handful of minor acting roles: in 2008, she was part of the parody comedy film, “Disaster Movie”; in 2009, she booked one episode of “CSI: NY”; and in 2012, she appeared in four episodes of “Drop Dead Diva.”

Kardashian has not acted in over a decade, and “American Horror Story” will certainly be her most prominent role to date.

The role expands Kardashian’s footprint under the Disney umbrella. Kardashian, along with her family, currently executive produces and stars on Hulu’s “The Kardashians,” which launches its third season next month. “American Horror Story” airs on FX and streams on Hulu.

One of the most recognizable people on the planet, Kardashian is one of the biggest forces in pop culture history. With her immense reality TV platform, she expertly parlayed her fame and following, with more than 350 million Instagram followers, into a billion-dollar empire. Her businesses include SKIMS shapewear and apparel, SKKN skincare and a private equity firm she co-founded, SKKY Partners.

Created by Murphy and Brad Falchuk, “American Horror Story” is known for its A-list revolving door of talent. Season 12 will mark Roberts’ return the franchise, which she last appeared in 2019, having starred in four of the seasons. Other muses in Murphy’s “AHS” repertoire include Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, Lily Rabe, Frances Conroy, Denis O’Hare, Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Billie Lourd and even Lady Gaga, who starred in the anthology’s fifth season.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Literally had no clue this show was still going on. I quit watching after seeing the season after the "hotel cecil" season, as I like to call it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Not sure how long or how many uses this code is valid for but might still work for you guys if you want it

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Great read for my horror buds. There's a lot of of great stuff coming out soon, much like last year it's shaping up to be another killer year for the genre.

Summer-2023-Horror.jpg

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Needful-Things.jpg

Kino Lorber Studio Classics has announced today that they’re bringing 1993 Stephen King adaptation Needful Things to Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD, releasing on July 25, 2023.

Of particular note, the 191-MINUTE television cut of Needful Things is being included on a Blu-ray disc, which marks the first time it’s been released on home video here in the States.

IMDb explains, “On May 22, 1996, the TBS network aired a 191-minute extended edition. The extra footage includes more of the citizens of Castle Rock and their lives, namely the character of Cora Rusk, played by Lisa Blount, shown only in passing in the current version.”

Special Features include…

DISC 1 (4KUHD):
  • Brand New HDR/Dolby Vision Master (Theatrical Cut) – From a 4K Scan of the Original Camera Negative
  • Audio Commentary by Director Fraser C. Heston, Moderated by Scorpion Releasing’s Walt Olsen
  • 5.1 Surround and 2.0 Lossless Audio
  • Triple-Layered UHD100 Disc
  • Optional English Subtitles
DISC 2 (BLU-RAY)
  • Brand New HD Up-Res Master of the 191-Minute TV Cut
  • New Interview with Screenwriter W.D. Richter
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
  • Optional English Subtitles
Welcome to Castle Rock, Maine, a lovely place to live… if you don’t mind selling your soul!
Ed Harris (The Abyss) and Max Von Sydow (Three Days of the Condor) head an exceptional cast that includes Bonnie Bedelia (Die Hard I & II), J. T. Walsh (Breakdown) and Amanda Plummer (Pulp Fiction) – in this supernatural thriller that’s dark, haunting and a hell of a good scare. Sheriff Alan Pangborn (Harris) has a devil of a problem: Suddenly all the residents of his sleep little town are dying… to kill each other. But at least business is still booming, especially at a new antique store. The shop’s mysterious owner (Von Sydow) has something for everyone, and his prices are always reasonable: just one small favor… eternal damnation!
Stylishly directed by Fraser C. Heston (The Crucifer of Blood) with a screenplay by W.D. Richter (Brubaker) based on the book by Stephen King (The Shining)

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
That was quite a good one from what I remember, Ed Harris is a great actor. Never knew about the 3 hour TV cut though, that's interesting.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
So I started the show Ash vs Evil Dead and I'm kicking myself it's taken me this long to see this. This show kicks ass. If you like Evil Dead movies, I definitely feel as though it'd be your jam. The comedy is amazing with great dialogue, Bruce Campbell is on top form, there's a lot of fun action scenes.

I've nearly binged the whole first season already and this is right after coming off Hannibal and almost being done with that first season too. Both these shows are top tier. Really worth your time if you're a horror fan.

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I never watched a single movie from the Evil Dead franchise, but watched Ash vs. years ago and thought the show was really entertaining.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Wrong Turn from 2003 holds up quite well. Say what you will about a lot of 2000's horror, but I think they really nailed some of the slasher movies from that time period. Especially ones with a backwoods, middle of nowhere type setting. This and The Hills Have Eyes remake, Wolf Creek and a few others were really disturbing I thought. Yeah I liked this movie just as much as the first time I ever watched it, the cast is great and with actual likeable characters that you root for. Eliza Dushku and Desmond Harrington are great in it.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Mike Flanagan taking a stab at Dark Tower sounds really promising with how good of a directior he is.

the-dark-tower.jpg

Over the last decade Mike Flanagan has quickly become a horror icon thanks to his twisted films like Oculus and mind-blowing scares on TV like Midnight Mass. Late last year it was reported that Flanagan had a series adaptation of Stephen King’s The Dark Tower in the works. Now, King himself has broken his silence on the potential series and gave his terrifying stamp of approval.

Responding to a passionate fan on Twitter eager for both Flanagan and Amazon to make the series, King simply said, “The writer happens to agree.” Now this shouldn’t be all too surprising as both Flanagan and King seem to have a great working relationship that started with the underrated 2017 Netflix gem Gerald’s Game. The critical success of that film would lead to Flanagan’s biggest film to date, 2019’s Doctor Sleep. The Shining sequel may have not done as well as horror fans hoped at the box office, but it’s one of the best films of any genre to come out in the last half decade. On top of that, both Doctor Sleep and Gerald’s Game are two of the best films based on King's work. Doctor Sleep in particular is such a grand horror epic which makes Flanagan the perfect person to tackle Dark Tower. Especially after the poorly received 2017 film adaptation.

Flanagan’s The Modern King of Horror Adaptations​

While King's Dark Tower series spans eight novels, a short story, and a children’s book, Flanagan’s plans right now are a five season series with two follow-up feature films. The writer-director, as of the end of last year, has already written a pilot that he’s very happy with. Flanagan ended his deal with Netflix in late 2022 and signed a new first look deal with Amazon. However, if the series does happen, the filmmaker plans to shop Dark Tower around.

Flanagan has become the king of horror adaptations. Besides his work with King, Flangan has adapted Shirley Jackson’s writing in The Haunting of Hill House and The Haunting of Bly Manor and Christopher Pike’s writing in The Midnight Club. Flanagan’s next adaptation and last project for Netflix, The Fall of the House of Usher, is based on various works from Edgar Allan Poe. That plans to release sometime this year. Until we hear more news on Dark Tower, you can view Collider’s recent interview with Flanagan down below.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Watched Mandy earlier today starring Nicolas Cage and wow that movie was an absolute trip. A of lot of people online say it feels David Lynch inspired and I definitely can see that with the surreal feeling of it all. I'm a big fan of surreal horror like this so it ticked all the boxes for me. Loved the visuals.

There's so much to appreciate here and Cage absolutely kills it. Plenty of gore too if that's your jam, I think Evil Dead fans might like this. Set in the 80's too.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
You know the other day I thinking about Movies I haven't seen in ages or maybe not from start to finish. One of those Movies was the Shining. I've watched bits and pieces of this Film but never never from the beginning to the end. I must say after this one you might want to watch something funny or more positive or at least take a Shower and collect yourself because it sticks with you that much. Even though I was watching Reviews and Theories of what Kubrick was going for I was shocked to find out alot of the stuff I was listening to especially when Jack and Danny involving the Costumed Bear. The little things you don't catch during your watch but when it zoomed in at points you're like my God I can't believe that was pu put in there.

Reactions: Marty McFourth