HOLY BATHTURD

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

So it was Bobby Lashley eh? I think it's a good decision, always loved Lashley.

But Mick Foley winning the title, wtf?!

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Good signing by TNA in picking up Lashley ( who IS NOT a WWE reject). They picked up a young talented guy, instead of an older, immobilized guy like they usually do. For what he will do, I'm not too sure. All the stuff I read said he was being real dedicated to MMA training and getting into UFC. With he does indeed wrestle full time with TNA, I hope he joins the mafia. He would be better fit there rather than The FrontLine. TNA hid his arrival pretty good.

@DoubleJ: I though I was the only one that realized that with Samoa Joe talking to some guy giving him advice and then he comes out giving suplexes. All signs right now are leading to Taz to me at the moment. If it is him, I'm hoping he wont wrestle but rather be a manager/comentator.

Rome

Reaction score
He signed a contract. The duration is what is unknown. Both Taz and Lashley will be in TNA for the foreseeable future.

I'm not so sure Lashley will be given a world title shot just yet, however.

Also for anyone not convinced he's a "world champion".

The old ECW championship was written/known as the "ECW World Heavyweight Championship". It only recently was shifted to just the "ECW Championship".

Great One

Lol, just watched it, that was sick. Awesome surprise by TNA, heh.

Rome

Reaction score
This debut reminded me a lot of the Kurt Angle debut except Lashley showed for his. Angle's debut came via a promo but was still just as powerful coming toward (or at) the end of a PPV. No one saw it coming and I'm sure not many if any saw Lashley coming either.

MikeRaw

Wait, so people don't think he's atually going to be a full time wrestler?

Rome

Reaction score
There's no chance he doesn't run full time. If it's a short-run, it's a short run – but he'll be in the hunt for sure.

Double J

Reaction score
@DoubleJ: I though I was the only one that realized that with Samoa Joe talking to some guy giving him advice and then he comes out giving suplexes. All signs right now are leading to Taz to me at the moment. If it is him, I'm hoping he wont wrestle but rather be a manager/comentator.

I may be wrong, but I doubt he'll wrestle. I believe he's had to many injuries hence the reason he never wrestled to much in WWE. Add to that that I'm pretty sure he's out of shape, he looks much bigger than he use to be and not in a good way.

xtremebadass

Daniels came back. TNA was really looking good for a couple weeks. I was excited.

however...

in traditional TNA fashion, they royaly screw the fans over by not only

MAKING MICK FOLEY TNA CHAMPION...

but they also employ the worst, non entertaining, dude who talks like a woman and the single man who ruined WrestleMania 23...

Bobby Lashley.

Lashley=bad. TNA was good, but I am sorry, I don't know where this is going. UGH!

Rome

Reaction score
Taz will not wrestle. He's finished wrestling. He'll be a "coach" type for Joe – not unlike Kevin Nash did with him recently.

Don't be surprised if Joe slowly starts to lose the new garb for a more permanent and less ugly looking ring attire and starts taking on characteristics of Taz. Particularly emulating his move set or pieces of it, and wearing a black towel on his head when he comes to the ring.

Double J

Reaction score
This will probably be good for Joe, has anyone noticed that Samoa Joe is billed as "The Samoan Submission Machine" but he never wins a match by tap out? All his matches are won with the muscle buster....

Maybe he'll start using the Tazmission.

Rome

Reaction score
I hope he does start emulating Taz' move set – especially the black towel over his head when he comes to the ring, and the tazmission to make guys tap.