Announcement .Hollywoods. Big Move

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
So I'm moving to LA. I'll be driving from Ohio So my question is where should I stop along the way? I imagine I'll be going through St. Louis, Rosewell, The Grand Canyon and Las Vegas. That leaves a huge chunk untouched. I was hoping like great movie locations but can't think of any myself, so maybe you just know or heard of some really cool places in Missouri, Kansas or Texas I should swing by.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
If you're stopping by NM, check out some Breaking Bad locations if it's not too far.. They're pretty popular.

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I want the other half of the trip but that isn't a horrible idea.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Going in the Arch is a cool experience. I've been there several times.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Going in the Arch is a cool experience. I've been there several times.

Cool I was debating whether to drive by or go in, it's in the first leg like 4-5 hours in.

Weez

Reaction score
There's a few cool places in North Texas that'd be worth visiting, but more than anything else, I'd recommend the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas. It's were Oswald assassinated Kennedy. It's not expensive, comes with an audio headset that gives you a personal tour guide. If you're at all into history, it's a must-see.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
There's a few cool places in North Texas that'd be worth visiting, but more than anything else, I'd recommend the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas. It's were Oswald assassinated Kennedy. It's not expensive, comes with an audio headset that gives you a personal tour guide. If you're at all into history, it's a must-see.
Great suggestion have to see how much of a detour it is.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Could always go douchey and look up foody sites and look up some good dives to get some grub.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Could always go douchey and look up foody sites and look up some good dives to get some grub.

Was actually thinking of doing that at least once. Perhaps something from that Guy guy or Ramsey's show.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Congrats on the move man! I'm sure there are lots of cool things to see along the way, some you might just happen to find on your own. Those are usually the best!

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
St Louis has an extremely high crime rate these days, so I wouldn't stop for too long there. Better to just get a selfie by the Gateway Arch and keep moving. Avoiding the place completely would also be a smart idea.

Roswell is cool for about 30 minutes if you like aliens, but there's really not much to see or do there. It's mostly a tourist trap where you get all the same crap you can get anywhere else... but with aliens. But you might find a cool shot glass to add to your collection.

Carlsbad Caverns is really neat though. That's about the only thing worth stopping for in New Mexico. Don't be a bitch and ride the elevator. Hike it down to the bottom and grab some photos. If you're not into that sort of thing, then skip New Mexico altogether and drive through Colorado. The mountains are amazing, pictures don't do them justice. Pikes Peak in particular. Just make sure you get your brakes checked before your trip.

The Grand Canyon is a must. If you ride the helicopter tour, make sure you haven't eaten anything recently. I don't care how strong your stomach is, you WILL get sick. But you could spend a few days in Arizona driving around that thing. There's many things to do in the area. Lots of photo op locations. Lots of activities. Plenty of useless shit to spend money on.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Dallas is a great city (if it's in your driving path), mostly for the food and bars. That Kennedy exhibit though... ehhhh. I took my wife and mother-in-law to that thing last year and I'll be honest with you, it's fucking boring. It's interesting when you see all the stuff about the space race and stuff, but about half way into it, you'll probably just quit listening to that headset because it just drones on and on and on. It's not so much about the assassination, it's about his entire fucking presidency. And you can't even look through the window Oswald fired from because they have that whole corner of the building encased in bullet-proof glass, but you can look out the window that's exactly one floor above. They even have an "X" painted on the street where the bullet struck JFK in the head. Dallas takes very eerie pride in the fact a president was killed there.

The Flying Saucer Bar is great, there's about 3 of them. I recommend the one by Lake Ray Hubbard, also known as "Lake Flying Saucer". They have 300 beers on tap there from all over the world. Decent food, but the food isn't what you go there for. You know?

Also Six Flags over Texas in Arlington is a lot of fun. Just be careful, someone died on the Texas Giant rollercoaster last year when the harness opened and ejected some woman 100 feet in the air. Mr. Freeze is my personal favorite.

Deep Ellum downtown on Elm Street is where all the local bands play, but honestly it's went downhill the past 10 years. There's still some decent bars and good restaurants though. I recommend Cafe Brazil.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
When I went to the 6th Floor Museum, I didn't even use the headset, I just went through and looked at what I wanted to see. Still spent quite a bit of time there.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Can't help here, but some of these suggestions really make me want to do a tour of America sometime!

Good luck with the move.

Weez

Reaction score
Dallas is a great city (if it's in your driving path), mostly for the food and bars. That Kennedy exhibit though... ehhhh. I took my wife and mother-in-law to that thing last year and I'll be honest with you, it's fucking boring. It's interesting when you see all the stuff about the space race and stuff, but about half way into it, you'll probably just quit listening to that headset because it just drones on and on and on. It's not so much about the assassination, it's about his entire fucking presidency. And you can't even look through the window Oswald fired from because they have that whole corner of the building encased in bullet-proof glass, but you can look out the window that's exactly one floor above. They even have an "X" painted on the street where the bullet struck JFK in the head. Dallas takes very eerie pride in the fact a president was killed there.

The Flying Saucer Bar is great, there's about 3 of them. I recommend the one by Lake Ray Hubbard, also known as "Lake Flying Saucer". They have 300 beers on tap there from all over the world. Decent food, but the food isn't what you go there for. You know?

Also Six Flags over Texas in Arlington is a lot of fun. Just be careful, someone died on the Texas Giant rollercoaster last year when the harness opened and ejected some woman 100 feet in the air. Mr. Freeze is my personal favorite.

Deep Ellum downtown on Elm Street is where all the local bands play, but honestly it's went downhill the past 10 years. There's still some decent bars and good restaurants though. I recommend Cafe Brazil.

Agreed on Deep Ellum. It used to pretty badass back in the day, but yeah, the last 10 years or so. Basically after Club Europa opened, and Trees closed down the last time, it was over. (Trees is obviously back lol) Man, I haven't been to Cafe Brazil in a long ass time. I had a friend that used to work there, but not a single time did I go when she was there.

I don't know that it's Eerie pride, yo. I think, as the city that hosted the Assassination of a US President, it's just as interested in remembering Kennedy's legacy, and what might have been, had the unfortunate not happened.