Hogwarts Legacy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
t0cpbjsl0ln51.png

Release Date: Holidays 2022​
Hogwarts Legacy will be set in the late 1800s, following a student at Hogwarts. The player will be allowed to choose their Hogwarts House and attend classes at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and explore an open world consisting of locations including the Forbidden Forest and Hogsmeade Village. In the game, the player character will learn to cast various magical spells, brew potions, tame magical beasts, and master other combat abilities. A morality system will play a role in the game. Players will also be able to customize their character's voice, body type, wand type and whether they are a witch or wizard.​

Reactions: Chris

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
This looks like a dream come true for Harry Potter fans. I'm not a hardcore fan, but I did absolutely dig the movies & played some of the games on PS2.

Open-world Hogwarts RPG type game just sounds amazing, and the trailer looks promising.

Reactions: Y2Jayne and Chris

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I'm concerned about the fights, they look pretty intense but doing everything with the wand might end up being a little anti-climatic.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Delayed to February 2023

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
They got Simon Pegg in this :whoa

Hogwarts Legacy is just under a month from its February 10 release, and Avalanche Software has finally revealed more of the game’s voice cast. Simon Pegg, known for his roles in Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, and the later Mission Impossible films, leads the list and is the most well-known name of the bunch.

Pegg plays Headmaster Phineas Nigellus Black, who is a from a “long lineage of Slytherins” and doesn’t much care for the students. His description also notes that he is “wildly ill-suited” for the job and has a goal of doing the “least amount of work possible.” There’s a portrait of him in the films, but, since Hogwarts Legacy takes place in the 1800s, this is when he was actively the head of the school. He’s also Sirius Black’s great-great-grandfather and Bellatrix Lestrange and Narcissa are his great-great-grandchildren.

Avalanche released a video of Pegg speaking about the role, calling Black “pompous” and the “least popular headmaster in the history of Hogwarts” and noted that Black would only take the headmaster role for the prestige attached to it.

“I’m extremely excited to be a part of the Harry Potter universe,” said Pegg. “I watched all those movies and always expected a role. Virtually every British actor has been in the Wizarding World films apart from me. And so, to get the role of, particularly a Black, one of the Black family, that’s a cool thing because Sirius was always my favorite character in the books. So it feels really good. It feels like something’s finally been put right.”

While the whole cast wasn’t revealed, most of the other announced roles belong to various professors and students. Sebastian Croft and Amelia Gething will provide the two voice options that players can choose for their avatar. Lesley Nicol will play Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts Matilda Weasley. Kandace Caine plays Divination Professor Onai. Sohm Kapila voices Satyavati Shah, the astronomy professor.

Luke Youngblood, who portrayed Lee Jordan in the films, is playing a Ravenclaw student named Everett Clopton. Asif Ali and Adam O’Connor are also voicing Ravenclaw students Amit Thakkar and Mahendra Pehlwaan, respectively. And finally, Jason Anthony is going to be both Nearly Headless Nick and the Sorting Hat.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
After seeing the last trailer for it, I am excited to play it. Probably not as much as my 13yo, but excited nonetheless. I'm personally not a huge HP fan but it looks amazing graphics wise and the fighting with wands looks decent. I'm sure that will take me some time to get used to since I'm used to bows, guns and hand to hand combat mechanics.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Social media is going absolutely insane about this game. People from the LGBTQ community are trash talking about it on every related post and some people claim they'll buy it just to annoy them.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I just quietly won't play it

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I bought it. If you stop buying games or watching movies because of things people do or say in Hollywood you'll have super limited options.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I bought it. If you stop buying games or watching movies because of things people do or say in Hollywood you'll have super limited options.
I don't even get why people are so mad, it's not like Rowling made the game, it's just inspired by her books. There are thousands of people who worked on this and they don't deserve to see the game flop.

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Love Harry Potter will prob get it

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
What if I told you you can play the game AND let people not want to buy it for whatever reason they want?

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
What if I told you you can play the game AND let people not want to buy it for whatever reason they want?
:shhh you can't down that now and days someone is wrong and someone is right. (!sarcasm)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
also this isn't really true, there zero shortage of media to consume. and limiting yourself to less media isn't this horrible thing people keep making it out to be.

Not trying to pick on you specifically here, just so fucking tired of people being shamed for boycotting stuff it's fucking insane behavior to me lol

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Like you already see hints of it in this thread, essentially dismissing anyone who doesn't want to play this game as basically stupid because Rowling didn't make the game and other ppl worked on it. first of all, those ppl got paid regardless, so there no reason you need to feel bad for them. secondly, it's a pretty simple concept that some people just rather not give money or be associated with a brand that's associated to a hateful bigot (who uses her wealth to promote and fund said hate speech). JK rowling is also making money off this, so the argument really should not be too hard to grasp. no offence to anyone here.

Reactions: Bobby Barrows