Hogan "wrestles"???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

fteezy

Reaction score
WOOOOOOW!!! I LOVE THIS... Man I Wish WWE Would Have Let Hogan Actually "Wrestle" In The States Back Then. His Japan Work Shuts Up My Thoughts of Saying He Can't Wrestle.
[YT]g0_D9Dwpy8Q[/YT]

If You Can't View The Video Just Go Here.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0_D9Dwpy8Q

LadyHotrod

Hogan is awesome and anyone who says he did nothing for the then WWF is a douchebag.

Reaction score
Hogan had to put more effort into his matches in Japan, it would come off as a laughing stock to the Japanese audience if Hogan wrestled like he did in America. What you just saw was about the average technical skills a wrestler in NJPW had to have at that time in that video. And Hogan was probably trying his best just to keep up on a basic level. It doesn't matter if Hogan could do a drop toe hold, or a cross armbar-he still wasn't proficient in working a technical, or Puro type style. I wasn't terribly impressed by the video, as any other New Japan wrestler on the roster could have done what Hogan did right there. The real reason people think videos like this "prove" Hogan could wrestle is because, its a novelty for most people to know that Hogan could perform a headlock, and knew more than just a punch, kick and a legdrop. In reality, its nothing special at all.

Dragon

Reaction score
He did nothing for the then WWF.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Hogan had to put more effort into his matches in Japan, it would come off as a laughing stock to the Japanese audience if Hogan wrestled like he did in America. What you just saw was about the average technical skills a wrestler in NJPW had to have at that time in that video. And Hogan was probably trying his best just to keep up on a basic level. It doesn't matter if Hogan could do a drop toe hold, or a cross armbar-he still wasn't proficient in working a technical, or Puro type style. I wasn't terribly impressed by the video, as any other New Japan wrestler on the roster could have done what Hogan did right there. The real reason people think videos like this "prove" Hogan could wrestle is because, its a novelty for most people to know that Hogan could perform a headlock, and knew more than just a punch, kick and a legdrop. In reality, its nothing special at all.

My thoughts exactly......thank you.

Soulpower

Hogan is awesome and anyone who says he did nothing for the then WWF is a douchebag.

I totally agree... But it doesn't change the fact that he was a shitty wrestler.

I should add his Lariat (Think it was called the Axe Bomber) is without a doubt the weakest looking Lariat in wrestling history.

fteezy

Reaction score
clearly we have some hogan haters in here

Undertaker666

Reaction score
Hogans def gonna be doing a ton of events,. mainly b/c of his divorce,. but has anyone heard of this website liveautographs.com theres another reason why hes trying to get money from his slut wife,.,.

Slyfox696

Reaction score
And comments like yours are precisely why people are confused and think that Hogan couldn't wrestle.

Working a technical match has ZERO to do with being a good wrestler, contrary to the typical thoughts of Internet Wrestling Marks everywhere. Quality wrestling has ZERO to do with the style of wrestling, but rather the character who is working the style. If Hogan, the All-American Good Guy, was to use technical wrestling to win his matches, it wouldn't have the same effect on the blue collar, John Wayne loving, American audience. No, American audience wanted a brawler, a legitimate tough guy, a man who, much like America itself, would never back down from a challenge, and would fight with nothing but a closed fist in order to vanquish evil.

What makes Hogan such a great wrestler was his ability to make people care about his character in the ring. People legitimately hoped he would win, or in the case of his nWo heel run, he would get his ass kicked. THAT is what makes a good wrestler.