• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hogan vs Austin ???

Montana

Source: F4WOnline.com

-- WWE Chairman Vince McMahon is said to have reached out to Hulk Hogan to get him to come to Monday’s 15th Anniversary show for RAW. Obviously, the show has been pumped full of talent to try and draw a very high rating. As we have been reporting, there are plans to try and get Hogan to work WrestleMania 24 next year. While chances are not that good it is said that Vince will at least ask Hogan and Steven Austin about a potential match at the big event. Austin is said to be the holdup on the match, as Hogan has already said he would do it in a heartbeat.
-- Former Extreme Expose member Brooke has publicly came out and said she has big plans to do a Playboy shoot and will be working in TNA Wrestling soon. Late last summer, plans were to have her Kelly Kelly, and Layla in Playboy right before WrestleMania. With Brooke being released these plans have obviously been scrapped.

-- Torrie Wilson is being held out of action for the next few weeks to receive physical therapy on her back that has been bothering her

=======================================================

Hmmm to me HOgan vs Austin seems quite out dated. Both are way too out of shape. ALthough if it can be done, do it.

I'd rather see Austin vs HBK/HHH/Cena/Lashley/Orton or something like that

CenaMark54

Austin is afraid of being outpopped by Hogan because you know it will happen. He is also afraid of being booed like a heel by the fans during the match.

Neither probably wants to job out to the other, because they both want their legacy to remain intact. The best of the 80's vs the best of the 90's. However, they can always work a back and forth match that ends in a draw where they both come out looking strong.

Thats probably the way they will go should Austin agree to the match. He won't though because he can't stand to work with someone who is more over than he is.

Both will likely be involved at Mania. I expect Hogan to work a match. Possiblly a rematch against Orton if Orton is out of the title chase then. Austin will probably reprise his role as a special guest referee/enforcer.

Will it make any sense? Hulk Hogan vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin at the Main Event of WrestleMania 24 looks like a great Main Event, and the result... it's pretty obvious; Hogan wins once again :disgust1: it's gonna be the last in-ring Match of Hogan but at the same time it's Austin's last Match as well, I don't see him loosing to Hogan at Mania. That would make a great Main Event but then again, Hogan is just too much!

DcDudley

Reaction score
I would love a Hogan/Austin match. Mostly to kinda get it out of the way though. But it would be a great way to put an end to their in ring careers.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

i do NOT want to see it. austin should not have to job to someone like hogan. anyway, hogan will say something stupid again, and wwe will continue to use jillian to make fun of brooke hogan. all is right in the world

Kaedon

Reaction score
Austin is afraid to be outpopped? Yeah, I'm sure that's it. I'm betting neither of them want to lose and that is he holdup.

Montana

I thought the hold up was AUstin did not want anything to do with Hogan, after what he did to him in wcw. (forcing him to job/quit/fired)

Reinvented

Reaction score
Austin is afraid to be outpopped? Yeah, I'm sure that's it. I'm betting neither of them want to lose and that is he holdup.

You mean Hogan is scared to be outpopped because I feel more people would cheer when Stone Cold is actually having a match then just being a special guest ref...

*Glass Shatters*
*I am a Real American plays*

Which would you go crazy for??

NYKings

Reaction score
I have a question. I started watchin wrestling in 95 or 96, can't remember but from what I know Hogan went to WCW in 94ish? If that's right why is he being hyped for the 15th anni of RAW when he wasn't there for much of the time except his second stint which was short and dumb appearances that take 25 minutes cause he's posing.

So basically why is someone who really wasn't that important to RAW itself being hyped as one of the main attractions at the show?

On topic, like some others said Hogan vs. Austin would be nice to get it over with.

CenaMark54

You mean Hogan is scared to be outpopped because I feel more people would cheer when Stone Cold is actually having a match then just being a special guest ref...

*Glass Shatters*
*I am a Real American plays*

Which would you go crazy for??

Hogan isn't scared. He wants the match. Austin doesn't want to look like a fool when the crowds reaction to him is miniscule next to the reaction Hogan would get.

There's current superstars who get a bigger reaction than Austin now a days.

Hogan doesn't need Austin anyway. He could wrestle some jobber at Mania and people would buy it just to see him. Hogan will always be the biggest draw and most over wrestler in the business and if anyone should win a legend vs legend match it should be Hogan. Austin's mystique is slowly fading everytime he does another god damn beer bash.

I have a question. I started watchin wrestling in 95 or 96, can't remember but from what I know Hogan went to WCW in 94ish? If that's right why is he being hyped for the 15th anni of RAW when he wasn't there for much of the time except his second stint which was short and dumb appearances that take 25 minutes cause he's posing.

So basically why is someone who really wasn't that important to RAW itself being hyped as one of the main attractions at the show?

On topic, like some others said Hogan vs. Austin would be nice to get it over with.

Because he is Hulk friggin Hogan thats why. The WWE will always ask him to be at special events because he is the greatest of all time.