Hogan in upcoming WWE game.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Double J

Reaction score
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1145607p1.html

It was just last week when we got to play WWE All Stars and see what this arcade fighter was bringing to the wrestling scene. Moves will be over the top versions of what we know, gameplay will move as breakneck speeds, and the roster will be packed with current Superstars and Legends that look like extreme action figures.

Well, thanks to today's WWE All Stars cover reveal, you can add a couple more names to that ever-expanding list of talent. Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior are in this game, and that's no small feat considering Hogan currently works for WWE competitor TNA and the Ultimate Warrior has a history of conflict with the WWE.

Still, they're both in WWE All Stars, and we have your first look...
wwe-all-stars-20110124075504461-000.jpg

And Hogan will make a surprise appearance at Wrestlemania as being the New new leader of Nexus.

Edward 3:16

Reaction score
Of course he is you douche.

Hogan probably signed a contract giving WWE permission to use him in the game about 1 and a half ago. Its the same as RVD being in SvR11

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^When Hogan returned to the WWE last, he and Vince signed a contract for WWE to use his likeness; I'm too lazy to find the article... then again, I was too lazy to find that article in another thread as well...

...but basically, it's why you won't see Hogan wearing his Gold and Yellow full on in TNA, and why he's gone back to Hollywood Hogan again... WWE has licensing rights until this contract expires, which I don't believe will be anytime soon if I'm remembering correctly.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Not really surprising that HULK HOGAN is in the WWE ALL STARS GAME.

Hogan can work for any company in the world and the WWE will always include him in games. He fucking made WWF wrestling popular in the 80's, they owe a dickload to him.

1chiban

Reaction score
Aha the old did the WWF make Hogan or did Hogan make the WWF debate :p

Reaction score
I think the obvious answer is they made each other....which clearly isn't a definitive answer at all, but true nonetheless. Vince couldn't have done it without Hogan being able to play the perfect character he needed to be the face of a world-wide wrestling explosion. And at the same time Hogan would have probably never blew up as big as he did without Vince's booking and promotion. So honestly I think they're fairly even. And Vince proved he could do it without/after Hogan, and, opposed to what some cynics think, Hogan has also proved he can keep his character in the spotlight and important without Vince. That being said, only one of them is a billionaire.....so saying Vince owes Hogan anything is sort of laughable isn't it?

phantomgerald

Reaction score
I think the obvious answer is they made each other....which clearly isn't a definitive answer at all, but true nonetheless. Vince couldn't have done it without Hogan being able to play the perfect character he needed to be the face of a world-wide wrestling explosion. And at the same time Hogan would have probably never blew up as big as he did without Vince's booking and promotion. So honestly I think they're fairly even. And Vince proved he could do it without/after Hogan, and, opposed to what some cynics think, Hogan has also proved he can keep his character in the spotlight and important without Vince. That being said, only one of them is a billionaire.....so saying Vince owes Hogan anything is sort of laughable isn't it?

More of less spot on with that. That being said, I would expect that Vince pays Hogan more money than he can to just appear on WWE events. Sort of like what Dana White offered Chuck Liddell. Be the face of the company without fighting. Vince to me is too ruthless when it comes to his guys. A small gesture of appreciation would go a long way in maintaing a healthy relationship.

ahorrig

Reaction score
In my opinion, if the game is good, nobody should care that much.

Airfixx

Reaction score
....Except none of the posters here appear to give a shit about the game and are talking about the issue of WWE using Hogan's character whilst he's in another company.

1chiban

Reaction score
Some may say that this will give TNA free publicity. However, it could be seen as another little slap in the face towards TNA as WWE can use the Hogan character everyone remembers and everyone knows, while they can't.

Personally, I think it's quite simple: WWE are doing a game pitting old legends versus current stars and Hulk Hogan is the biggest legend in the company's history. It's a no-brainer that he's in it.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
This game looks like shit, seriously. Who even cares? ha

Airfixx

Reaction score
Not really surprised that Hogan is in the game. A little surprised about Warrior though.

Just like with the opening WWE clip before all the shows, Warrior appears, yet Hogan, Flair & Hardy were all removed from that sequence by the time they'd debuted for TNA. Hogan's inclusion in the game is more remarkable.

ahorrig

Reaction score
The game looks way less serious, and more about the actual fun of it. I think that will encourage many buyers.