Hogan/AByss vs. Flair/AJ Styles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

hndsmepete

Reaction score
I would have watched TNA regardless, but TNA has a great way of leaving you wanting more after EVERY show. As it was on January 4th, TNA will beat WWE the show, but WWE will beat TNA in ratings.

Abyss is making me go crazy, we need the crazy, Mankind-like Abyss back after this match. I think it will be a great acheivment for TNA if they give a great show that goes along with the excitement of the Main Event.

Fuck Mankind, that's the reason they made the Abyss character the pussy he is today. Abyss needs to go back to his Cactus Jack inspired hardcore ways. The Abyss that would hurt himself just as much as he would his opponent. Broken glass, thumbtacks, barbed wire, etc.

current Abyss = taller Eugene

Reaction score
This is something I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO!

I don't think Hogan or Flair should ever wrestle again, period. Hogan, I'm hoping breaks a fucking hip and can't return to TV for years on end. Flair, he can still put a show on, but I don't see the need for him to get into the ring.

I suppose, it's nice to see TNA pulling out 'the big guns' for their debut on Monday Nights. I think this will go down the exact same way as the debut of Hogan/Bisch on 4/01.

Reaction score
^^^Yeh. That, and also ratings wise. I think a lot of people expected REAL shocking results in comparison to WWE that night. I don't see this doing that, March 8.

The Rated R CMStar

How sad is it that we are about 2 months in the Hogan regime and TNA's big guns are still Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair? We are making the first step into Hogan challenging AJ Styles for the World Title. First he said he wouldn't wrestle or appear that much for that matter, then, he said he needs to appear as much as he brings ratings, now Hogan is wrestling. Soon enough he'll be champion because the ratings need it according to him.

And this is just sad for Ric Flair. Seriously Flair, you are a long way away from HBK and Wrestlemania 24.

noumenon

I haven't laughed so hard at a promo as I did Flair and AJ on "the" Abyss in a long time...beautiful stuff. I'm still cringing at the whole idea of Hogan wanting to build his company around Abyss and make him their "Cena". The match is going to be just as expected, a slow sloppy mess with AJ carrying the majority of the work load. The only thing I kind of appreciate is Hogan "forcing" Flair out of retirement rather than Flair willingly coming out.

Great One

No shit. Motherfucker can't even drop the leg anymore. Shit, he can barely walk. Take AJ away from this match and the best worker in it is a 65 year old should be retired Flair and that's just not good.

But just not as good or as over.
Yeah, but this will be the first time Flair wrestling in the US on TV after the 'retirement.' I'm not sold on Hogan not being able to drop the leg anymore. It's only his right hip I believe, so there's always room for a left-legged leg drop!!

Also, :y: at AJ/Flair. This is getting good, imo and was the best part of the show on thursday.

Mister J

Reaction score
Ric Flair needs to stick to his word. He said he wasn't going to wrestle in USA again.

Axis

I will not be watching any match with Flair in it. Flair/Michaels was one of my favorites matches of all time, given the extreme emotion surrounding it, and him wrestling on mainstream TV again totally shits on that. For as long as I can, I'll pretend that Flair actually retired.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
It's painfully obvious that Hogan's going to turn on Abyss. A 10 minute beat down ensues, and he disappears from TV for a month or two.

As long as it leads to hardcore/badass Abyss coming back, I don't care.

Definitely! I only just thought of this after watching Impact earlier. What better way could they catapult AJ Styles career? Hogan turning on Abyss would make him a big heel and would help AJ's heel status overall I think. Could benefit all those involved and hopefully does happen.

hndsmepete

Reaction score
Ric Flair needs to stick to his word. He said he wasn't going to wrestle in USA again.

Name 1 wrestler that has stuck to a retirement. Hell, Terry Funk has retired at least 5 times & he's still doing shows.

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how Hogan and Flair being apart of the main event storyline helps the younger guys in TNA. Wasn't hogan spouting off about helping the young guys and giving back? Now he's booked himself into the main event for their "taking over of Monday nights" (a joke in itself) meanwhile AJ is playing second fiddle to the stick man Flair.

And how is Abyss supposed to be like Cena? Seriously, how the deuce can they make him into anything close to Cena? That's the biggest freaking joke I've heard from Hogan, and I've heard the interview where he claims HBK held down Bret Hart for the 1-2-3 at Wrestlemania 19 to send him to WCW!