Hip Hop/RAP Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
^ I was there about 5 years ago. Still there. Plus, I'll never forgive Lil' Wayne for changin' Juelz Santana's RAP style.

[video=youtube;qEHTTFOwsDs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEHTTFOwsDs[/video]

Classic. Fuck Mac Miller.

Ryan

Reaction score
Meek Mill is going at Cassidy and Kendrick. Is this fool serious? He can't even fuck with Cassidy, let alone Kendrick. Kendrick will body him if he responds. Meek just needs to stop trying cause his shit's just bad.

On another note, I've been listening, yet again to the unmastered versions of Shock the World and Temptations by J. Cole & Kendrick Lamar. If there was ever an album I need released, it's this. I'll even be happy if they just master and release these two songs. They're still better than half the trash that gets put out.

[video=youtube;yNvCg9a51N4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNvCg9a51N4[/video]

[video=youtube;BQDF3NUheZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQDF3NUheZM[/video]

These were recorded so long ago, I'm convinced that even if this album does ever come out, these songs won't be on it which would be a huge shame. That beat for Shock the World is classic. Unreal how far they've both come since this. This was late 2010-early 2011 if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

Ryan

Reaction score
Downloaded Nothing Was The Same. I like that Drake is rapping more. I haven't heard the whole thing yet but Tuscan Leather is hot and even though Hov's second verse on Pound Cake kind of sucks, the instrumental is a fucking masterpiece. Two thumbs up for no Young Money features. Take Care would've been better without Wayne and Birdman.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I really liked the album a lot. Has a few tracks I don't care for like All Me and 305 to my city but Tuscan Leather is amazing love how the beat changes as many times as it does after every verse, Pound Cake and Paris Morton music esp are great tracks, Furthest thing is nice but the 2nd half of it that should have been its own track was amazing the beat was crazy. Too much might be my favorite track on the album it's pretty close between that, Paris Morton music and Tuscan Leather. I still feel like Jodeci Freestyle and 5am in Toronto should have been on the album though but this is a great body of work. Album had barely features which is very refreshing on a major release.

Ryan

Reaction score
I really liked the album a lot. Has a few tracks I don't care for like All Me and 305 to my city but Tuscan Leather is amazing love how the beat changes as many times as it does after every verse, Pound Cake and Paris Morton music esp are great tracks, Furthest thing is nice but the 2nd half of it that should have been its own track was amazing the beat was crazy. Too much might be my favorite track on the album it's pretty close between that, Paris Morton music and Tuscan Leather. I still feel like Jodeci Freestyle and 5am in Toronto should have been on the album though but this is a great body of work. Album had barely features which is very refreshing on a major release.

I agree I would've liked to see Jodeci Freestyle and 5AM in Toronto on there but I think with the controversy surrounding J. Cole's verse, it was basically a sure thing that it wasn't going to make it on the album. The first two songs are really good, and a strong opening but I think the mid section gets a bit weak. That being said, I'm not as much a fan of the singing Drake so fans of that may like it a bit more.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
[video=youtube;YengsGx6EKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YengsGx6EKM[/video]

This song pretty much sums up how I feel about the state of the current hip hop/rap scene.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Flatbush Zombies need to drop an actual album.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
:lol: come on Game. Terrible photoshop job.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
What the fuck? What a moron.

God damn it, Game.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Listened to dreamchasers 3 and it was really a let down and my expectations for it weren't even really that high. Good bit of the songs hardly differentiate from each other. Has a few tracks on it I like but it's not a mixtape I'd give the whole thing a listen to again and if I did would have to skip a good amount of the tracks. Definitely a step down from DC2.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Not gonna lie Pusha might have my favorite album of the year so far.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Haven't given it a full 2nd listen but on first listen it didn't end up being as great as I thought it was going to be but still was a good album to me. Had some favorites on it though Nostalgia, King Push, Numbers on the board, Hold on and S.N.I.T.C.H (That acronym is incredible) maybe it'll be better to me on second listen.